Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

2 minutes ago, hogso said:

I've never watched it either, so tried to find an answer. Seems you can stream on HBO Go but I have no idea if that's available in the UK. It's not on any devices I own, anyway. Other than that it's dvd or blu ray, or...those other places. 

Might see if I can pick up the DVD boxsets I guess :(

1 hour ago, coda said:

Crime drama set in Naples. If you don't have the patience for The Wire how are you with subtitles?

I have to be in the right mood for them, but I watched Deutschland 87 with them well enough. 

As for the wire, it's not really the patience, although I found it very slow. 

12 hours ago, V01 said:

You're in for a treat, it has the finest scene in all of television ever.

Which scene, out of interest? (assuming you mean The Wire)

I think my favourite is either

Those guys who haven't seen the wire, DO NOT watch those scenes.

Edited by Stevo985

16 hours ago, DK82 said:

I'm ashamed but I still need to watch The Wire. Is it on any streaming services?

Currently enjoying: The Flash, Daredevil, GOT, Fear the Walking Dead and a few other series. I have way too many to watch.

I was watching The Wire recently on Sky Atlantic as they were doing back to back episodes on a Friday night, running through the entire five series. Annoyingly my Sky Box messed up and failed to record two episodes about midway through Season 3, and it wasn't on the catch up/box set service so I had to abort watching it. I have since looked around and the only option is buying the box set which was about £50 for DVD, £60 for Blu ray on amazon last time I checked.

I was enjoying it a lot up until the failure, lots of great characters in it which require your full attention. I will most likely buy the box set when funds allow it.

1 hour ago, NeilS said:

I was watching The Wire recently on Sky Atlantic as they were doing back to back episodes on a Friday night, running through the entire five series. Annoyingly my Sky Box messed up and failed to record two episodes about midway through Season 3, and it wasn't on the catch up/box set service so I had to abort watching it. I have since looked around and the only option is buying the box set which was about £50 for DVD, £60 for Blu ray on amazon last time I checked.

I was enjoying it a lot up until the failure, lots of great characters in it which require your full attention. I will most likely buy the box set when funds allow it.

The good news for you is that even having watched half of it, it's still worth buying the box set, as Season 4 is the peak of the show (and, coincidentally, the peak of all television ever)

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NeilS said:

Found it in CEX today so will be watching tonight :) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Which scene, out of interest? (assuming you mean The Wire)

I think my favourite is either

Those guys who haven't seen the wire, DO NOT watch those scenes.

THE Aimee Sobotka scene ;)

• Like 1

Oh and while we're on the subject of The Wire - i'm on the last episode of s1 of The Affair and I think it's been rather marvelous.

Slow burner but never dull and I particularly like the framing of the episodes with the two perspectives, plus the story/acting has been top drawer.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Oh and while we're on the subject of The Wire - i'm on the last episode of s1 of The Affair and I think it's been rather marvelous.

Slow burner but never dull and I particularly like the framing of the episodes with the two perspectives, plus the story/acting has been top drawer.

It is really enjoyable. I kinda wish they weren't doing a third season, though. 

Line of Duty...my goodness. 

Takes some writing and acting to have 70 minutes of a 90 minute programme literally in an interview room, then, wham. Wow. Absolutely stunning. Captivating and utterly essential viewing. Bravo BBC. 

• Like 3

On 4/25/2016 at 06:08, Withnail said:

New seasons of Silicon Valley and also Veep.  Well worth the effort.  Always had a bit of a soft spot for Julie Louis-Dreyfus.  She also married into a billion dollars.  New owner?

I actually believe it was her husband that married into the billionaire club as, in addition to the $100m generated from doing Seinfeld alone, it's her great-great grandfather that started the Louis Dreyfus Group and her dad is apparently a billionaire.

8 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Really enjoyed S3 of Line of Duty. Was not expecting a finale like that.

I liked it, too. It wasn't one of those 'crush the stuff into the last 15 minutes' things.

I wonder where the next series will go - will there be the start of a new conspiracy to cover a few series?

But - good stuff: well acted, well shot, well written. Top quality, BBC.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I've been banging on about The Affair for ages.  Very very good series.  Hoping the next one is the last though. 

You should try The Leftovers if you haven't seen it already.  Season 1 is definitely a slow burner,  season 2 is the complete opposite.  But they're both awesome.  I think season 2 is my favourite season of any TV programme ever.  

Punisher gets his own show.

It’s official: The Punisher is getting his own TV series.

EW has learned that Marvel has ordered a spin-off starring vigilante character introduced in Daredevil season 2.

Jon Bernthal will reprise his role as vengeful military veteran Frank Castle, who brings his own lethal form of justice to Hell’s Kitchen.

Writer and executive producer Steve Lightfoot (Hanniba, Casualty) will serve as showrunner.

Marvel’s The Punisher marks the sixth series ordered (so far) as part of the collaboration between Netflix and Marvel Television, including the upcoming Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and the ensemble miniseries The Defenders – along with Jessica Jones and the aforementioned Daredevil. (And in case you’re wondering, as we are, whether Bernthal’s character will also be added to The Defenders lineup, that’s not yet clear – though it seems likely he’ll at least pop in for an appearance.)

• Like 1

Literally the only downside I can see for that is the question of whether the character can sustain a 13 part series. He's a great character, and Bernthal smashes the role, but the Punisher is a fairly one note character overall and tends to benefit from bouncing off others his approach is opposed to.

But I'll happily watch Bernthal in that role again. Excellent.

• Like 1

Â