Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

7 hours ago, Withnail said:

New seasons of Silicon Valley and also Veep.  Well worth the effort.  Always had a bit of a soft spot for Julie Louis-Dreyfus.  She also married into a billion dollars.  New owner?

Any ideas when this starts back again on UK TV? Loved the first two series.

13th of May on Sky Atlantic IIRC.... saw an advert for it at the gym this morning, it's around that date. 

7 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Any ideas when this starts back again on UK TV? Loved the first two series.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

My dad's telling me to start on Grimm. Is it worth a watch?

I've seen the first three seasons. It's not in the level of some other shows and isn't a classic but it is definitely watchable if you like shows about the supernatural.

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The flash is frigging awesome and i am only episode 8! 

Suffers the same problems as Arrow but less so - far too many episodes, too many episodes removing around characters being stupid. But it's much more fun and tighter than Arrow, a show that desperately needs to cull its cast.

It does have a unique problem that becomes more apparent as the series progress (spoilers for series 2 in particular)

Spoiler

the Flash's power is so overpowered that they start to struggle to give him villains and problems to overcome. Increasingly the villains revolve around other Speedsters, which always feel like a cop out, or something happens that means Barry can't use the power to its full potential, or he has to learn to use the power to a greater degree. The comics have suffered with it for years to the extent that the Flash is most well known these days as a plot device.

25 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Suffers the same problems as Arrow but less so - far too many episodes, too many episodes removing around characters being stupid. But it's much more fun and tighter than Arrow, a show that desperately needs to cull its cast.

It does have a unique problem that becomes more apparent as the series progress (spoilers for series 2 in particular)

Reveal hidden contents

the Flash's power is so overpowered that they start to struggle to give him villains and problems to overcome. Increasingly the villains revolve around other Speedsters, which always feel like a cop out, or something happens that means Barry can't use the power to its full potential, or he has to learn to use the power to a greater degree. The comics have suffered with it for years to the extent that the Flash is most well known these days as a plot device.

Had to give up on The Flash. I just found the writing repetitive and most of the characters annoyingly wafer thin.

I can't see me sticking with Arrow for much longer either - s4 has been patchy at best.

I think Marvel's TV output has spoiled me tbh (I appreciate their tone is supposed to be different ofc).

Edited by Designer1

4 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Had to give up on The Flash. I just found the writing repetitive and most of the characters annoyingly wafer thin.

I can't see me sticking with Arrow for much longer either - s4 has been patchy at best.

I think Marvel's TV output has spoiled me tbh (I appreciate their tone is supposed to be different ofc).

I'm persevering with the Flash more than Arrow at this point. Arrow massively lost me last series, which was dreadful. This series is better, it has a villain who is actually on screen occasionally for a start, but it's still has far too many episodes and characters that do absolutely nothing overall, and it desperately needs to drop the flashback stuff. But I'm sticking with it.

The Flash is better IMO, it's thinner but more fun and less convoluted. Neither are great TV though and I'd agree Marvel's Netflix stuff has blown it away, although they're probably still better than Agents of Shield, which I gave up on after series 2, because that was weak and this third series appears to be all Inhumans stuff, which can 'get tae ****'.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Neither are great TV though and I'd agree Marvel's Netflix stuff has blown it away, although they're probably still better than Agents of Shield, which I gave up on after series 2, because that was weak and this third series appears to be all Inhumans stuff, which can 'get tae ****'.

What Marvel series is on netflix?

worth watching?

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

I'm persevering with the Flash more than Arrow at this point. Arrow massively lost me last series, which was dreadful. This series is better, it has a villain who is actually on screen occasionally for a start, but it's still has far too many episodes and characters that do absolutely nothing overall, and it desperately needs to drop the flashback stuff. But I'm sticking with it.

The Flash is better IMO, it's thinner but more fun and less convoluted. Neither are great TV though and I'd agree Marvel's Netflix stuff has blown it away, although they're probably still better than Agents of Shield, which I gave up on after series 2, because that was weak and this third series appears to be all Inhumans stuff, which can 'get tae ****'.

I agree about agents of shield one if the biggest disappointments I've seen, that and Gotham 

22 minutes ago, ender4 said:

What Marvel series is on netflix?

worth watching?

Daredevil and Jessica Jones both absolutely worth watching.

• Like 2

11 22 63 has been enjoyable so far (3 eps in). Nice use of the 60's setting and has King's fingerprints all over certain elements of the story (particularly like the concept of the past 'pushing back').

Plus, I now have quite the thing for the lovely Sarah Gadon :wub:

sarah-gadon-2.gif?w=618&h=338&crop=1

Edited by Designer1
spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

11 22 63 has been enjoyable so far (3 eps in). Nice use of the 60's setting and has King's fingerprints all over certain elements of the story (particularly like the concept of the past 'pushing back').

Plus, I now have quite the thing for the lovely Sarah Gadon :wub:

sarah-gadon-2.gif?w=618&h=338&crop=1

Pretty decent isn't it (and she is too!)?

Stephen King adaptations have been notoriously hit and miss over the years, good to see this looks like it will end up in the hit category. 

Â