Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Silicon Valley is getting better now we are in the middle of series 3. They are definitely in this for the long haul could be another few seasons yet.

Fresh off the boat is still an easy watch as well.

• Like 2

Watched the pilot of Preacher. On the first episode alone I already much prefer it to the likes of Daredevil, Jessica Jones etc. Is Preacher a Marvel thing?

Seems to have a different tone to it which I like. The main character is interesting 'cos most superheroes are squeaky clean (and incredibly dull) people who are trying to "do the right thing" ....... at least Preacher has a bit about him. 

Definitely will stick with it.

52 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Watched the pilot of Preacher. On the first episode alone I already much prefer it to the likes of Daredevil, Jessica Jones etc. Is Preacher a Marvel thing?

Seems to have a different tone to it which I like. The main character is interesting 'cos most superheroes are squeaky clean (and incredibly dull) people who are trying to "do the right thing" ....... at least Preacher has a bit about him. 

Preacher is in no way, shape or form a 'superhero' story. Jesse is in no way shape or form a 'superhero'.

The story is one of the most subversive things i've ever read. If they keep the vibe of the comic series you will really enjoy it :thumb:

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

As D1 says, Preacher is absolutely not a superhero story. It's a satire of.. well loads of things. Notably religion and modern America.

It was originally published by Vertigo comics, which is an offshoot of DC (home of Batman, Superman) set up to publish new properties that were more 'adult', violent, graphic, sexual in content. Preacher has loads of that.

I need to reread Preacher, but there are certainly things in that series that absolutely will not be allowed on screen that I can remember even now.

• Like 2

Watched the first episode of 11.22.63 (or whatever the title is!) and think it was a promising start and a good concept - I like the fact it's also only 8 episodes and fingers crossed it finishes then all tied up nicely!

I think too many programs start out well but then go on for far too many seasons, flogging the same lines and scenarios and then fail to answer the whole thing in the inevitable last ever episode (Lost is a fine example of this!)

I've gone back in time to tick Luther off the list. Can't quite put my finger on why Ruth Wilson is hot in it. Not my usual type :) Good show though. Managed season 1 yesterday.

• Like 1

I've gone back in time to tick Luther off the list. Can't quite put my finger on why Ruth Wilson is hot in it. Not my usual type [emoji4] Good show though. Managed season 1 yesterday.

If you think she's hot in Luther I suggest you check out "The Affair".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Watched the first episode of 11.22.63 (or whatever the title is!) and think it was a promising start and a good concept - I like the fact it's also only 8 episodes and fingers crossed it finishes then all tied up nicely!

I think too many programs start out well but then go on for far too many seasons, flogging the same lines and scenarios and then fail to answer the whole thing in the inevitable last ever episode (Lost is a fine example of this!)

It works pretty well across all 8 and wraps up fairly well. You should enjoy it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

If you think she's hot in Luther I suggest you check out "The Affair".

I can't look at her the same way since watching that. 

22 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Second season of Gomorrah continues to be absolutely fantastic.

Started the first season last night after reading about it on teh webz. Excellent so far and I feel like i'm reading at the same time so Billy Bonus!

Cheers!

Mr Pickles went batshit insane this week, they did a meta episode within an episode. 

Astronaut Dolphin Detective. 

You should watch. 

Â