Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Is Freddie Thorne's accent (the commie is S1) meant to be brummie? I just assumed he was a scouser who had moved to Brum but in the show it talks about how he's known Tommy for ages.

Just goes to show how little Brummies are accepted into the TV and media world  They can't find any real Brummies to play the roles.

You can hear the authentic Brummies (in a lot of the minor roles) a mile off.

On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 23:12, Designer1 said:

Gomorrah is back.

This makes me very happy indeed. Quite simply one of the best series from the last decade.

I know I keep banging on about this series, but for anyone who hasn't watched this yet then I urge you to do so as I can't recommend it highly enough. 

It's absolutely top notch stuff in every single department and the second series is once again knocking it out of the park.

Brilliant, brilliant series. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I know I keep banging on about this series, but for anyone who hasn't watched this yet then I urge you to do so as I can't recommend it highly enough. 

It's absolutely top notch stuff in every single department and the second series is once again knocking it out of the park.

Brilliant, brilliant series. 

Just downloaded the first season box set.

• Like 1

Working my way through a few British shows recently. I've unfairly shunned British dramas, and missed some belters as a result.

Working my way through season 2 of Peaky Blinders which is pretty good.

Finished the first 2 seasons of Line of Duty which is excellent, and I'm led to believe gets even better.

And just finished season 1 of Marcella which was very enjoyable. And  Anna Friel. Yep.

Just now, Davkaus said:

I've literally never heard of Gomorrah, but it sounds right up my street. They're not doing very well at promoting it.

I'd only heard of it on here. But Sky Atlantic are running a few trailers for it these days.

I've seen the film. I've no idea how it relates to the tv series. 

Marcella was great, but why move the body? Wasn't even touched upon in the final episode. 

Edited by hogso

6 minutes ago, hogso said:

Marcella was great, but why move the body? Wasn't even touched upon in the final episode. 

Not sure but

Spoiler

I thought maybe she moved it because she knew it would help her catch whoever was doing it. I get the impression that when she blacks out she's stronger, more clever etc, so that would explain the foresight

I get the impression that that might come back in the next season, given how this one ended. That might be why it wasn't explained fully.

The bigger question for me is

Spoiler

What happened to the taxi driver who held the knife to her throat?!

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I've literally never heard of Gomorrah, but it sounds right up my street. They're not doing very well at promoting it.

not sure how connected to the series it is but the movie from about 10 years back was very very good

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Not sure but

Hide contents

I thought maybe she moved it because she knew it would help her catch whoever was doing it. I get the impression that when she blacks out she's stronger, more clever etc, so that would explain the foresight

I get the impression that that might come back in the next season, given how this one ended. That might be why it wasn't explained fully.

The bigger question for me is

Hide contents

What happened to the taxi driver who held the knife to her throat?!

I think he just did a runner. But also, how did the killer know about that guy's brother and what he knew, and where they met so he knew where to wait to kill him?

I read that Friel is signed up for 2 more series.

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Finished the first 2 seasons of Line of Duty which is excellent, and I'm led to believe gets even better.

Line of Duty is fantastic. I haven't seen the third season but it gets rave reviews as you say. 

Have you ever seen Whitechapel? I think its underrated. 

• Like 1

Â