Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Watching manhunt nail bomber on Netflix last night, it's a 1hr one off documentary about a far right serial bomber in London in 1999

I can't remember it all at, never even heard of it before so that element of it was good, its well put together, I think they use a lot of stock footage that isn't from 1999 to make it look more dramatic but that was my only real gripe with it 

I was hoping it would be a new series like Manhunt: Unabomber was.  I certainly think it would have had enough intrigue to it with the informer inside the right wing groups and the BNP involvement to make a proper series.

I keep hearing good things about the Mare of Easttown and I do want to watch it at some point but it looks like one of those really slow and kinda boring dramas where everyone is permanently sad all the time and everything is grey and depressing but maybe that’s just me

45 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

I keep hearing good things about the Mare of Easttown and I do want to watch it at some point but it looks like one of those really slow and kinda boring dramas where everyone is permanently sad all the time and everything is grey and depressing but maybe that’s just me

It certainly isn’t that.

Whilst it isn’t ‘fast paced’ it isn’t boring and does have some nicely wry lines. 

give it a go!

• Like 3

Pooch Perfect.

Look. I'm a sucker for the Bakeoff formula. I'll watch anything based of it. I've watched, and enjoyed, the pottery one, despite knowing nothing about pottery. I've watched the makeup one, despite knowing nothing about makeup. I look out for new episodes of Forged in Fire, the typically American one were they make knives and historic weapons. I watched the glass blowing despite having no interest in glass making. So of course I'm watch one we're is dog grooming.

It's good, despite itself in many ways. It's the most budget looking TV show I've seen since Supermarket Sweep. There's something about the way it's shot and the production design which feels very very cheap and very... 90s daytime TV. But it doesn't matter, because it's basically a parade of dogs for an hour. Which is great.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Pooch Perfect.

Look. I'm a sucker for the Bakeoff formula. I'll watch anything based of it. I've watched, and enjoyed, the pottery one, despite knowing nothing about pottery. I've watched the makeup one, despite knowing nothing about makeup. I look out for new episodes of Forged in Fire, the typically American one were they make knives and historic weapons. I watched the glass blowing despite having no interest in glass making. So of course I'm watch one we're is dog grooming.

It's good, despite itself in many ways. It's the most budget looking TV show I've seen since Supermarket Sweep. There's something about the way it's shot and the production design which feels very very cheap and very... 90s daytime TV. But it doesn't matter, because it's basically a parade of dogs for an hour. Which is great.

What about the Jewellery one? That's great

On 31/05/2021 at 16:38, sharkyvilla said:

I was hoping it would be a new series like Manhunt: Unabomber was.  I certainly think it would have had enough intrigue to it with the informer inside the right wing groups and the BNP involvement to make a proper series.

You couldn't really do a 'Unabomber' style drama with the '99 nail bombings. The thing with the Unabomber is the story is compelling from various angles which the nail bombings weren't. The Unabomber has the longevity, going on a decades long campaign without a clear manifesto for much of it, his origin is bizarre, the campaign to catch him was an early example of a win for behavioural sciences to prove it had the capacity to catch offenders.

The nailbombing campaign lasted a fortnight, it was very quickly clear there was an agenda at play that was pretty common (for want of a better way of putting it), his origin is just standard radicalisation. The use of moles in far right groups and the deception to undermine his insanity plea are the most interesting things about story, and even those are told in full in a few minutes.

As is a documentary is probably enough to tell the story.

21 minutes ago, hogso said:

What about the Jewellery one? That's great

I'll add it to the list, what's it called?

I finished the American BBQ one the other day, which is decent. First one I've seen where one of the judges is a person of few words.

On 31/05/2021 at 11:04, AVFC_Hitz said:

Anyone heard of Breaking Bad?

It's alright isn't it? I am usually 10 years behind everyone else but I've finally got round to it.

I only watched them about 6 months ago. Great show. 

• Like 1

On 31/05/2021 at 15:15, Seat68 said:

You heard of this Delap fella?

Has anyone seen his "throw in's"? I swear he does it in every match.. bloody long throws in the box, deadly as hell.

It's absurd though, totally takes forever for him to do it.

Screenshot 2021-05-19 at 23.14.56.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

I'll add it to the list, what's it called?

I finished the American BBQ one the other day, which is decent. First one I've seen where one of the judges is a person of few words.

All That Glitters, BBC. The contestants are incredibly skilled, and I find in an area that I know next to nothing about, I enjoy the show more. 

Also up to date with the current series of Sewing Bee. Serena is the run away winner for me. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hogso said:

All That Glitters, BBC. The contestants are incredibly skilled, and I find in an area that I know next to nothing about, I enjoy the show more. 

Also up to date with the current series of Sewing Bee. Serena is the run away winner for me. 

All that glitters was really enjoyable. Educational as well. 

Â