Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 10/05/2021 at 09:12, cyrusr said:

New Inside No 9 starts tonight. Knew it was coming this year but thought later so very happy! :D 

Was it just me or was this episode a bit crap , 12 Days of Christine it was not

Edited by Follyfoot

On 11/05/2021 at 10:43, StefanAVFC said:

Did anyone watch 'Behind Her Eyes'?

Reveal hidden contents

Absolutely batshit insane ending. 5 episodes of slow burn then bang.

Fun fact, the main character is played by Bono's daughter. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Was it just me or was this episode a bit crap , 12 Days of Christine it was not

It was an odd one that is for sure. I ended up researching all about the commedia dell'arte thing it was based on and after that it made a hell of a lot more sense. Like in the show itself said, its a drama teacher's wet dream. Was perhaps a little too clever for itself but had more a ring of the Zanzibar episode rather than others. Won't be one of my favourites by any stretch of the imagination but was alright. 

Also listened to the Inside Inside No 9 podcast and that explains that during lockdown last year they wrote series 7 and they ended up filming the more "COVID friendly" (i.e. smaller cast sizes) episodes and this one was initially designed for series 7. They confirmed that this season consists of 2 "series 6" and 4 "series 7" episodes. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

It was an odd one that is for sure. I ended up researching all about the commedia dell'arte thing it was based on and after that it made a hell of a lot more sense. Like in the show itself said, its a drama teacher's wet dream. Was perhaps a little too clever for itself but had more a ring of the Zanzibar episode rather than others. Won't be one of my favourites by any stretch of the imagination but was alright. 

Also listened to the Inside Inside No 9 podcast and that explains that during lockdown last year they wrote series 7 and they ended up filming the more "COVID friendly" (i.e. smaller cast sizes) episodes and this one was initially designed for series 7. They confirmed that this season consists of 2 "series 6" and 4 "series 7" episodes. 

Yes, the hotel one, get the link now

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

Fun fact, the main character is played by Bono's daughter. 

Didn’t know that. She was the nurse in The Knick a few years back, that was a great show which Clive Owen was also brilliant in.

She also shares my birthday, along with sliced bread and its inventor - a step up from the crap footballers born that day.

On 11/05/2021 at 23:16, Brumstopdogs said:

Yeah mentioned that one a while back.

Thought it was interesting and what an ending!

What an ending!

Spoiler

As soon as the first body swap happened, I knew Rob had done it to Adele.

• Like 1

The Friends reunion episode broadcasts in a couple of weeks, then.

I had fairly low expectations, before reading that as well as the main cast, they've got celebrity cameos from Beckham, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and a load of other famous clearings in the woods with no relationship to the show.

It was probably always going to underwhelm, but it could have been quite a nice nostalgic episode of TV if they didn't seem determined to shoehorn as many first appearances into it as possible.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The Friends reunion episode broadcasts in a couple of weeks, then.

I had fairly low expectations, before reading that as well as the main cast, they've got celebrity cameos from Beckham, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and a load of other famous clearings in the woods with no relationship to the show.

It was probably always going to underwhelm, but it could have been quite a nice nostalgic episode of TV if they didn't seem determined to shoehorn as many first appearances into it as possible

You think there's any people who aren't white in this one? 

Amongst all the advertising and fanfare, they are telling people that it’s not a new episode, that it’s a sort of look back interview with the cast along with loads of celebrities who had nothing to do with series. It’s not overly highlighted, but it’s there.

But I still reckon there will be millions tuning in assuming it’s a proper episode. Remember that inbetweeners reunion and the backlash that received. This potentially could be a hundred times worse.

Also, 17 years after the show ended. Nice round anniversary number there, guys. 

And James ‘kin Corden. Like a bloody rash. 

10 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Malala Yousafzai. Seriously.

Nobel Prize laureate to cleaner at Central Perk. 

How the mighty fall. 

24 re-watch season 2 complete. 

Kim remains the worst. Sherry Palmer also has to be up there for one of the most obnoxious tv characters around. 

The years haven't been kind, the plot is demonstrably stupid, the president has the worst choice of cabinet ( and as west wing fans, the comparisons in how the response to the events is carried out do it no favours I suppose ),  kate warner's prolonged vacant stares, and dumb-ass decision making simply to expedite the drama and the cliffhangers is just sensationally ridiculous. 

Love watching it though :D Such wonderfully compelling nonsense.  

5 minutes ago, Rodders said:

24 re-watch season 2 complete. 

Kim remains the worst. Sherry Palmer also has to be up there for one of the most obnoxious tv characters around. 

The years haven't been kind, the plot is demonstrably stupid, the president has the worst choice of cabinet ( and as west wing fans, the comparisons in how the response to the events is carried out do it no favours I suppose ),  kate warner's prolonged vacant stares, and dumb-ass decision making simply to expedite the drama and the cliffhangers is just sensationally ridiculous. 

Love watching it though :D Such wonderfully compelling nonsense.  

Also not to mention the extremely miserable Chloe O’Brien... what a sour puss! 

27 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Also not to mention the extremely miserable Chloe O’Brien... what a sour puss! 

Ah yes, I've forewarned my partner about Chloe, when we move on to season 3, after a necessary break from it all. Though from what I remember, Chloe grew up on me as the series went on, went from massive personality defect to endearingly quirky. May be wrong though

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Rumours of a new Stargate SG-1 with Amanda Tapping and Daniel Shanks

If they **** it up , I will hunt them down  …

Love the shows but 10 years to late. 

Â