Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

21 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Rumours of a new Stargate SG-1 with Amanda Tapping and Daniel Shanks

If they **** it up , I will hunt them down  …

I've heard worse ideas; chiefly, didn't Emmerich say he wanted to take the franchise back, do a second film and essentially retcon the entire show/s out of existence?

On 16/05/2021 at 10:14, Rodders said:

24 re-watch season 2 complete. 

Kim remains the worst. Sherry Palmer also has to be up there for one of the most obnoxious tv characters around. 

The years haven't been kind, the plot is demonstrably stupid, the president has the worst choice of cabinet ( and as west wing fans, the comparisons in how the response to the events is carried out do it no favours I suppose ),  kate warner's prolonged vacant stares, and dumb-ass decision making simply to expedite the drama and the cliffhangers is just sensationally ridiculous. 

Love watching it though :D Such wonderfully compelling nonsense.  

24, that takes me back. Used to get called downstairs from the bedroom to watch this must-watch event-TV show each week, back when there were only 5 channels.

Even as a teenager I recognised what complete nonsense it was, but it had a certain relentless momentum that kept me engaged, all the way up to the point when he evades the consequences of a nuclear **** holocaust by crouching down and hiding behind a rock, at which point I was like

9A3JOEv.gif

13 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

24, that takes me back. Used to get called downstairs from the bedroom to watch this must-watch event-TV show each week, back when there were only 5 channels.

Even as a teenager I recognised what complete nonsense it was, but it had a certain relentless momentum that kept me engaged, all the way up to the point when he evades the consequences of a nuclear **** holocaust by crouching down and hiding behind a rock, at which point I was like

9A3JOEv.gif

Looking back now, 24 weekly episodes sounds nuts.  Almost half a year between starting it and finding out the ending.  That would drive me insane these days.

• Like 1

On 20/05/2021 at 21:21, theboyangel said:

Watching the finale of Taskmaster - task 1 and Mike Wozniak is an absolute legend.

had me in stitches! 

I've still got the last episode to watch but yes it has been a brilliant series, a lot of it down to Mike.  It looks like they've already recorded the next series, they are really churning them out for Channel 4.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've still got the last episode to watch but yes it has been a brilliant series, a lot of it down to Mike.  It looks like they've already recorded the next series, they are really churning them out for Channel 4.

A friend of mine was part of the audience, which was viewing in a cinema remotely. She said she watched episode 8 and 9. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

9A3JOEv.gif

I loved 24,

Watched all 8 (?) series in the space of about 2 months a few years back. 

How many times can one man save the west coast from a chemical/nuclear/biological super weapon! 

23 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

9A3JOEv.gif

That's sounds **** ridiculous, everyone knows that you have to get in your fridge

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Finished the flight attendant after comments here, really not what I was expecting and thoroughly enjoyed it, she tip toed the line at times but just about got away with it

Spoiler

The simple answer right in your face and all the problems go away... But you're an alcoholic so let's have you drink again and make yourself more problems again to keep the story going again... It came close to bad writing at times 

Also half way through invincible which is excellent 

And about 6 or 7 episodes in to love death and robots season 2, thought the opening episode was a weird choice as its been probably the weakest so far, it's the same as the last series in that it's a proper mixed bag, maybe slightly better but hard to tell as I think it's throwaway TV 

• Like 1

My recent decent.

Flight attendant - good 

Resident Alien - very good 

Mare of Easttown - very good 

The Nevers - very good, so far. 

The Terror - good 

Godfather of Harlem - amazing 

Frank of Ireland - hilarious 

The Grinder - equally hilarious 

• Thanks 1

On 20/05/2021 at 08:54, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

On Episode 6 Series 1 "Marcella" Really enjoying it. (Netflix)

She really is a great actress (Anna Friel).

Does she get her norks out in it ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

Finished Ted Lasso after some recommendations on here. What a great show, so difficult not to love every character

I've started watching this after seeing it mentioned here. So far so good.

• Like 1

Â