Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

It's like they know that no one is watching 

Never understood why they don't just stick a film on every saturday night 9pm, yes half the world will have streamed it already but put something like aliens or die hard on and hope for the best 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Just put the TV on, The Masked Dancer

I mean, come on. Is this what Saturday evening TV has come to?

I thought when The X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent left it might open up to some decent quality programming, nope.

I was just about to post my incredulity about such utter sh!te, thanks for doing it for me !

What's worse is my missus loves it !

Restarting Bron/Broen, The Bridge again as I never got to the final series and kinda forgot the vibe/what happened. 

1st season done and Saga Noren is such a great character with so much development. Next level show, especially for the time.

• Like 3

On 28/05/2021 at 10:25, Follyfoot said:

Watched the first episode of The Nevers last night, not really sure what to make of it to be honest 

The first 5 episodes were quite enjoyable but then the last one......I genuinely thought I had put a different series on by mistake.

39 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

The first 5 episodes were quite enjoyable but then the last one......I genuinely thought I had put a different series on by mistake.

Is it worth sticking with it ?

3 hours ago, mykeyb said:

I thought that at 1st too but I thought episode 6 was the best one personally.

I really enjoyed the nevers tbh and its not really something I thought I would enjoy 

Finished The Sinner season 3. Such a disappointment after season 1 & 2 being so good.

Started Mare of Easttown, on episode 2, very good so far, Kate Winslet really can act.

• Like 2

On 29/05/2021 at 19:27, villa4europe said:

It's like they know that no one is watching 

Never understood why they don't just stick a film on every saturday night 9pm, yes half the world will have streamed it already but put something like aliens or die hard on and hope for the best 

DOUGAL, WE ARE NOT WATCHING ALIENS!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Watched the BBC four docu/drama about electronic musician Delia Derbyshire by Caroline Catz.

Pretty good, kinda weirdly done which I assume was done deliberately to mirror the music. Catz is good, it works with her as the lead and having the real life Derbyshire’s audio interview interspersed. She really looks the part too, which is impressive as she’s playing someone who, for the most part, is 20+ years younger. Julian Rhind-Tutt is typically likeable as her regular collaborator.

• Like 1

Watching manhunt nail bomber on Netflix last night, it's a 1hr one off documentary about a far right serial bomber in London in 1999

I can't remember it all at, never even heard of it before so that element of it was good, its well put together, I think they use a lot of stock footage that isn't from 1999 to make it look more dramatic but that was my only real gripe with it 

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Watching manhunt nail bomber on Netflix

I thought I would really like it but it fell short and it's a 6/10.  Survivors stories mixed in with the investigation into who/how/why etc are very distracting when it jumps about from  Anti-terror to a flower seller.

They are important but not in this sort of thing unless its directly linkable to the identification of the bomber.  Its either a memorial program or a investigative documentary.

How something affected the survivors on the day and the years after is a whole new program that those people rightly deserve.

On 20/05/2021 at 08:54, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

On Episode 6 Series 1 "Marcella" Really enjoying it. (Netflix)

She really is a great actress (Anna Friel).

I watched this after your post above. Great acting by Anna Friel whose character is very messed up ! 

I have now finished series 2 which features  a harrowing and disturbing storyline. 

I won't go on too much about it incase you haven't finished it but.....the ending...wtf ??!

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Anyone heard of Breaking Bad?

It's alright isn't it? I am usually 10 years behind everyone else but I've finally got round to it.

Spoiler

It's pretty good,  about a bloke who wants to become a skateboard world champion like Tony Hawk,  all is going well until he develops Osteoporosis.

4 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Anyone heard of Breaking Bad?

It's alright isn't it? I am usually 10 years behind everyone else but I've finally got round to it.

You heard of this Delap fella?

Has anyone seen his "throw in's"? I swear he does it in every match.. bloody long throws in the box, deadly as hell.

It's absurd though, totally takes forever for him to do it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

You heard of this Delap fella?

Has anyone seen his "throw in's"? I swear he does it in every match.. bloody long throws in the box, deadly as hell.

It's absurd though, totally takes forever for him to do it.

Was that bloke who could do it on a cold, windy night in Stoke?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Was that bloke who could do it on a cold, windy night in Stoke?

Having driven through Stoke earlier today, I have a lot more understanding of that phrase. I wouldn't want to do it there on a hot, peaceful, Bank Holiday in May, let alone any other time. 

Edited by Rds1983
  • Like 1

Â