Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Just watched the first two episodes of Tales From the Loop. A bit disappointing, tbh. Like Devs crossed with Dark, but not as good as either. May abandon. 

• Like 1

On 24/05/2021 at 10:50, PieFacE said:

No idea how the IASIP writers have created something so unfunny. 

Have you not been watching the last couple of series? ;)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I was going to watch it until someone pointed out, maybe even you, that it's not an episode and instead is just a chat show with the cast and a load of random people with absolutely no connection to the show.

I'm not going to bother tuning in for David Beckham and James Corden's thoughts on friends.

I've not watched an episode of it in well over a decade, but I'd definitely watch a final, in-character reunion, but I've no interest at all in this bollocks.

I’ve watched it and it was OK. The “stars” are barely on it for more than 30 seconds/1 minute each save for Corden, who is awful as ever. His interview bit was pretty dire I thought.

However watching the other bits where the get the cast on set, recreating a couple of scenes and generally just showing the chemistry between the actors was better.

Also shows how weird plastic surgery can be. It has not treated some of them well over the years.

Army of the Dead. Yes I get that it is a zombie film so one should suspend ones disbelief somewhat. But really it was a little silly

Spoiler

As soon as I saw the “helicopter” I thought that is not going to carry half of the people out. A quick google search shows that 200 million weighs around 1600kg so that ain’t going to fit either. Let alone getting it from the vault to the helicopter. Sort of zoned out after that. Maybe it was good I dunno.

The investigation 2020

6 part crime thriller about the real life and unique submarine case in Denmark, directed by Tobias Lindholm (The Hunt), with a great score and a good cast.

It's a bit of a slow burn but never drags, very interesting and told in a different way to most of this kind. Recommended. 

• Thanks 1

The kominsky Method 3 on Netflix today. Seasons 1+2 were superb

Spoiler

Gigantic spoiler at the offset that has me thinking should I watch, someone missing that made the show for me.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Reveal hidden contents

Gigantic spoiler at the offset that has me thinking should I watch, someone missing that made the show for me.

Was just going to post about this.   Really is a fantastic programme. 

• Like 1

On 27/05/2021 at 14:05, Davkaus said:

I was going to watch it until someone pointed out, maybe even you, that it's not an episode and instead is just a chat show with the cast and a load of random people with absolutely no connection to the show.

I'm not going to bother tuning in for David Beckham and James Corden's thoughts on friends.

I've not watched an episode of it in well over a decade, but I'd definitely watch a final, in-character reunion, but I've no interest at all in this bollocks.

It was a really great 4 or 5 minutes of them turning up at set and seeing each other together in the girls apartment. Then the show started and James Corden turned up and **** ruined it. I had no idea he was on it.

Actually, if you skip the Corden parts it’s actually really good.

Edited by a m ole

1 hour ago, bickster said:

A Netflix series going into season 3, wow

Mrs Maisel, too. 

EDIT: Or is that Amazon? 

Edited by mjmooney

On 28/05/2021 at 11:03, Phil Silvers said:

Reveal hidden contents

2 hours ago, bickster said:

A Netflix series going into season 3, wow

It will be the final season unfortunately. As for the missing main character, that had been announced in the press prior to filming. Great shame as the chemistry between him and Douglas was perfect.

• Like 1

Â