Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

7 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

A bit of a digression, but is it typical for British/Irish police to say "armed police" if they are armed? Seems just pointless to me, and I don't get why anyone would do it.

Might be Norwegian police does it as well, I really wouldn't know, but even then it sounds just daft to me.

Armed police are only usually deployed in extreme circumstances and by announcing they are armed when they burst in is basically saying do not move at all otherwise you will be shot. You'd send armed police to an address that you think may have guns/weapons there. 

Normal police kicking down your door for a robber/burglar etc probably expect the person to run or fight. 

12 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

The new BBC prison drama Time with Stephen Graham and Sean Bean was good last night i thought but I'm a sucker for a prison drama 

Another thumbs up for this. Watched it all in one go and thought it was excellent. 

• Like 2

I watched Pennies from Heaven and thought it was very good, the kind of series that lingers on your mind after you've finished watching and makes wonder what other people thought had happened, but there's not much in the way of analyze on the internet, perhapes because of how old it is, but I think if someone like BBC Four repeated it, it would be appreciated by a modern audience, same for Singing Detective.

Kind of a shame that Dennis Potter seems to be so under appreciated as his dramas are some of the best I've seen.

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Another thumbs up for this. Watched it all in one go and thought it was excellent. 

Same here, Stephen Graham is so watchable. Very good 3 parter.

Spoiler

I can see a sequel of his time in jail, sign me up.

12 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Finally knocked one off the watchlist and wish I'd started sooner.

Gomorrah. Was a blast from start to finish, loved it. For those that haven't caught it yet, it's an Italian organised crime thriller drama series, 4 series with a 5th completed and on the way this year hopefully. Brilliant stuff. 

Gomorrah fans are you aware of this..... the immortal....

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

I watched Pennies from Heaven and thought it was very good, the kind of series that lingers on your mind after you've finished watching and makes wonder what other people thought had happened, but there's not much in the way of analyze on the internet, perhapes because of how old it is, but I think if someone like BBC Four repeated it, it would be appreciated by a modern audience, same for Singing Detective.

Kind of a shame that Dennis Potter seems to be so under appreciated as his dramas are some of the best I've seen.

Take it you've looked at the Digital Spy forum as that's got a very strong critique of archived tv shows.

Only a few comments though:

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2374906/pennies-from-heaven-1978

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Jane Seymour👌

Always has been and still is a beautiful lady.

However Kathleen Turner certainly isn’t what she once was 😮

Fair play to her not succumbing to loads of cosmetic surgery though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

However Kathleen Turner certainly isn’t what she once was 😮

Fair play to her not succumbing to loads of cosmetic surgery though. 

Had to look twice. She went through years of crippling arthritis that must have taken its toll, she was a stunner back in the day and a gymnast so very fit. shame.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Anyone watched Invincible on Amazon Prime yet? Seems to have a great rating everywhere. 

Yeah its been mentioned a few times on here. I think it's great. If you're into the whole subversion of the Superhero genre, you'll enjoy it.

• Thanks 1

Just started "Good Girls".

It's errr, good, after 2 episodes.

Saying that I'd watch it anyway. Christina Hendricks, good lord what a woman.

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Just started "Good Girls".

It's errr, good, after 2 episodes.

Saying that I'd watch it anyway. Christina Hendricks, good lord what a woman.

Its alright, the wife loves it, so much that she sped up through season 2 and I kind of fell by the wayside and gave up on it, its a got a mix to it, not too serious or too silly 

You ain't joking about CH either 

23 hours ago, choffer said:

Really enjoying Sweet Tooth so far. It’s daft but fun. 

I was hesitant about this, but I’m hooked after the first two episodes. It’s got a real charm to it and is very well made. 

• Like 1

Â