Jump to content

Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?


AVFCforever1991
 Share

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Gun control is pretty tight in the UK and the police don't traditionally carry firearms. Only specially trained officers do so and on special dispensation. I'd say that 99% of the time when you see one they aren't armed. By declaring that they're armed it helps clarify the situation is potentially life threatening. 

Pretty much same here. Think for the longest of times the UK, Norway and a couple more nations were the only ones without armed police.

Here they (the police interest organisation) are desperate to implement it, despite it not being wanted in the public. The way around it is that the give dispensation ALL the time and I mean ALL the time, by pretending there's a need for it due to heightened terrorist/security threat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

A bit of a digression, but is it typical for British/Irish police to say "armed police" if they are armed? Seems just pointless to me, and I don't get why anyone would do it.

Might be Norwegian police does it as well, I really wouldn't know, but even then it sounds just daft to me.

Armed police are only usually deployed in extreme circumstances and by announcing they are armed when they burst in is basically saying do not move at all otherwise you will be shot. You'd send armed police to an address that you think may have guns/weapons there. 

Normal police kicking down your door for a robber/burglar etc probably expect the person to run or fight. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
12 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

The new BBC prison drama Time with Stephen Graham and Sean Bean was good last night i thought but I'm a sucker for a prison drama 

Another thumbs up for this. Watched it all in one go and thought it was excellent. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I watched Pennies from Heaven and thought it was very good, the kind of series that lingers on your mind after you've finished watching and makes wonder what other people thought had happened, but there's not much in the way of analyze on the internet, perhapes because of how old it is, but I think if someone like BBC Four repeated it, it would be appreciated by a modern audience, same for Singing Detective.

Kind of a shame that Dennis Potter seems to be so under appreciated as his dramas are some of the best I've seen.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • VT Supporter
1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Another thumbs up for this. Watched it all in one go and thought it was excellent. 

Same here, Stephen Graham is so watchable. Very good 3 parter.

Spoiler

I can see a sequel of his time in jail, sign me up.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Finally knocked one off the watchlist and wish I'd started sooner.

Gomorrah. Was a blast from start to finish, loved it. For those that haven't caught it yet, it's an Italian organised crime thriller drama series, 4 series with a 5th completed and on the way this year hopefully. Brilliant stuff. 

Gomorrah fans are you aware of this..... the immortal....

 

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, useless said:

I watched Pennies from Heaven and thought it was very good, the kind of series that lingers on your mind after you've finished watching and makes wonder what other people thought had happened, but there's not much in the way of analyze on the internet, perhapes because of how old it is, but I think if someone like BBC Four repeated it, it would be appreciated by a modern audience, same for Singing Detective.

Kind of a shame that Dennis Potter seems to be so under appreciated as his dramas are some of the best I've seen.

 

Take it you've looked at the Digital Spy forum as that's got a very strong critique of archived tv shows.

Only a few comments though:

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2374906/pennies-from-heaven-1978

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Jane Seymour👌

Always has been and still is a beautiful lady.

However Kathleen Turner certainly isn’t what she once was 😮

Fair play to her not succumbing to loads of cosmetic surgery though. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

However Kathleen Turner certainly isn’t what she once was 😮

Fair play to her not succumbing to loads of cosmetic surgery though. 

Had to look twice. She went through years of crippling arthritis that must have taken its toll, she was a stunner back in the day and a gymnast so very fit. shame.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Anyone watched Invincible on Amazon Prime yet? Seems to have a great rating everywhere. 

Yeah its been mentioned a few times on here. I think it's great. If you're into the whole subversion of the Superhero genre, you'll enjoy it.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just started "Good Girls".

It's errr, good, after 2 episodes.

Saying that I'd watch it anyway. Christina Hendricks, good lord what a woman.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Just started "Good Girls".

It's errr, good, after 2 episodes.

Saying that I'd watch it anyway. Christina Hendricks, good lord what a woman.

Its alright, the wife loves it, so much that she sped up through season 2 and I kind of fell by the wayside and gave up on it, its a got a mix to it, not too serious or too silly 

You ain't joking about CH either 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â