Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Finished the 3rd season of Mrs Maisel which has been consistently brilliant. Hopefully the 4th season isn't too far off.

Also been watching Motherland which is terrific, and the latest series of Inside Number 9 which although a bit uneven in quality is still more hit than miss.

Watched the first episode of Sweet Tooth last night. Superbly shot and an interestingly bizarre concept - decent start.

Quite like Rachel Brosnahan, amazing in house of cards, I watched the pilot of Mrs Maisel and she was amazing, will crack on with this after the Euros.

• Like 1

After seeing the reviews on here I've watched Mare of Easttown with the wife over the last week. Really well acted, Winslet is terrific. But I can't say I enjoyed it. It was just so dreary and downbeat. It was like a big budget EastEnders. You think a character's life can't get worse, and then the next episode hits. Still, I can see why it's been very well received, and the acting is very good across the board. Great location too, fits the story superbly.

Edited by Jonesy7211
Spelling
  • Like 1

Watched the staircase on netflix

Its too long, the 2nd half of it isn't as interesting as the first, I would say that I genuinely don't know though, it's not like making a murderer where I was outraged at it all, this does have more of a mystery to it

Spoiler

I think he did it and based on what I saw presented as evidence I would have said guilty, I know the reasonable doubt stuff etc but I don't think the defence would ever be able to convince me a fall generated that much blood, first thing you see is blood everywhere and its hard not to think "I've fallen down the stairs, I could fall down the stairs again, I couldn't do that to myself, that's impossible" 

Add to that the homosexual stuff despite what his defence said is one hell of a motive 

Another show that showed that I would not want to be arrested in yank land! No interest in solving cases just in securing an arrest and a prosecution, was said a couple of times by the defences dna expert and it can be expanded to the whole thing in general, they work backwards to make what they want to fit 

MaM, trial 4, the espn OJ one and the Central Park 5 one are all better but this is still worth a watch

Don't think any of them are particularly nice people that you really get behind, he's a rich twunt, the lawyer is a smug ****, the kids and the family structure is weird (to be fair the 2 girls are completely broken) 

On 09/06/2021 at 05:35, Seat68 said:

Time on BBC, all 3 episodes available now. Its a masterclass from the leads. Grim but bloody hell it was good. 

Absolutely loved this, best mini series for a long time but not the most fun watch. If anyone that enjoyed this hasn’t watched The Virtues (also Stephen Graham) and loosely based around director (Shane meadows) upbringing, or at least an event during, please do, it’s absolutely fantastic.

• Like 1

On 15/06/2021 at 19:52, PaulC said:

Only just got around to watching the 90s series 'Our friends in the North' on Britbox. Absolutely brilliant. Great acting!

It is utterly superb.

Peter Vaughan was brilliant in it.

Edit: Strong, McKee, Craig, Ecclestone, &c. obviously terrific.

Edited by snowychap

19 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Watched the staircase on netflix

Its too long, the 2nd half of it isn't as interesting as the first, I would say that I genuinely don't know though, it's not like making a murderer where I was outraged at it all, this does have more of a mystery to it

Hide contents

I think he did it and based on what I saw presented as evidence I would have said guilty, I know the reasonable doubt stuff etc but I don't think the defence would ever be able to convince me a fall generated that much blood, first thing you see is blood everywhere and its hard not to think "I've fallen down the stairs, I could fall down the stairs again, I couldn't do that to myself, that's impossible" 

Add to that the homosexual stuff despite what his defence said is one hell of a motive 

Another show that showed that I would not want to be arrested in yank land! No interest in solving cases just in securing an arrest and a prosecution, was said a couple of times by the defences dna expert and it can be expanded to the whole thing in general, they work backwards to make what they want to fit 

MaM, trial 4, the espn OJ one and the Central Park 5 one are all better but this is still worth a watch

Don't think any of them are particularly nice people that you really get behind, he's a rich twunt, the lawyer is a smug ****, the kids and the family structure is weird (to be fair the 2 girls are completely broken) 

Have you looked up the owl stuff?  Adds another layer of wtf.

16 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Have you looked up the owl stuff?  Adds another layer of wtf.

Yeah a little bit but no real detail 

And it does sound properly wtf, amazingly thinking about the cuts I would say that's more plausible than some of the other stuff 

Started Clarksons farm 

Enjoying it, you obviously need to look past the set up stuff that still exists from the TG days but I think what he's doing is interesting, the rules and stuff is informative and more than anything else the support cast and his relationship with them is good to watch, especially kaleb, its good to see just normal people and him conversing with them normally, they've captured that in a way that I've never seen TG or GT do before 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Second season of Godfather of Harlem got off to a storming start - such a superb show.

Not caught the new episode yet, but season one was absolutely brilliant. Has a chance of being up there with the best, if they can keep the quality up. 

• Like 2

Murder at the Cottage is out on Sky. If anybody listened to the "West Cork" podcast it's a documentary about that case.

Happened in the village (well, very close to) my mom is from and where I stay when I go to Ireland so it's bizarre seeing it on screen so much.

It's pretty good so far (I've watched 3 of 5 episodes). Not quite as much proper footage as stuff like making a murderer which is what makes those docs so good, but being a tiny little village in Ireland that stuff won't exist. So it does well with what it's got

Weirdly Netflix are bringing out another documentary about the same case on 30th June

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

On Last episode of "Clarice" S2

6/10 - Enjoying it but plot wise is a bit all over the place,  loads of "That would never happen anywhere ever" type situations.

+ Looks back rather than forward to much.

+ Everything seems to be within a 5 minute drive of where ever they are at.

+ A bit about Trans people is shoehorned in for no other reason than Bill was a little confused.

Missed opportunity but it can be resurrected if they do another season.

3 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Second season of Godfather of Harlem got off to a storming start - such a superb show.

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Not caught the new episode yet, but season one was absolutely brilliant. Has a chance of being up there with the best, if they can keep the quality up. 

I've watched episode 1 of the new season, great start as Designer1 says. Seems to be a mid season break of a couple of months after episode 6 by the looks of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Just seen bosch season 7 is available

I was late to the party but its been my favourite thing I've watched this year 

Get in. Very happy to read this. Just googled and its the last season but a spin-off is in the works.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Started Clarksons farm 

Enjoying it, you obviously need to look past the set up stuff that still exists from the TG days but I think what he's doing is interesting, the rules and stuff is informative and more than anything else the support cast and his relationship with them is good to watch, especially kaleb, its good to see just normal people and him conversing with them normally, they've captured that in a way that I've never seen TG or GT do before 

Not quite a TV show, but Harry's Farm on YouTube is good. He's actually a mate of Clarkson but completely different personality. They live fairly close to each other around the Oxfordshire Cotswolds. He formed EVO car magazine back in the day and is better know for Harry's Garage's channel on YouTube, which is superb. The farming stuff is really interesting though. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Xela said:

Not quite a TV show, but Harry's Farm on YouTube is good. He's actually a mate of Clarkson but completely different personality. They live fairly close to each other around the Oxfordshire Cotswolds. He formed EVO car magazine back in the day and is better know for Harry's Garage's channel on YouTube, which is superb. The farming stuff is really interesting though. 

Harry's Garage is class. Couple of recommendations just incase your aren't aware of these.

Tyrell's Classic Workshop is outstanding. If I remember correctly you prefer older cars, if you don't know of this channel you're in for a treat.

Frank Stephenson is very good too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Harry's Garage is class. Couple of recommendations just incase your aren't aware of these.

Tyrell's Classic Workshop is outstanding. If I remember correctly you prefer older cars, if you don't know of this channel you're in for a treat.

Frank Stephenson is very good too.

Cheers, big fan of Tyrell's. Great show. Makes everything sound so interesting. The video he did on Feruccio's Lamborghini's own personal Countach was superb. 

Funnily enough, I watched a Stephenson video yesterday! The one where he talks about designing the X5. 

The Late Brake Show with Johnny Smith is excellent as well. Bit of a mix of videos but the production values on some of them are superb. 

DK Engineering is another good one for classic exotics and Carfection, as a channel, I like, due to Henry Catchpole. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Cheers, big fan of Tyrell's. Great show. Makes everything sound so interesting. The video he did on Feruccio's Lamborghini's own personal Countach was superb

Funnily enough, I watched a Stephenson video yesterday! The one where he talks about designing the X5. 

The Late Brake Show with Johnny Smith is excellent as well. Bit of a mix of videos but the production values on some of them are superb. 

DK Engineering is another good one for classic exotics and Carfection, as a channel, I like, due to Henry Catchpole. 

Fantastic video, I've watched it a few times, did you know Iain is a singer, I think he sang the backing track on that Video.

Johnny Smith is great, I'd liked to have seen him get on TG gig with Chris Harris and Sabine😢.

Will check the others out more as I've only seen the odd one, Ta.

• Like 1

Â