Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Started Formula One: Drive to Survive over the weekend, although I'm not really an F1 fan.

Absolutely addicted! Truly brilliant TV and up there with one of my favourite sports documentaries already. I'm not sure if not being an F1 fan and knowing very little about some of the battles back in 2018 is making it more interesting for me than it would for others.

On 22/03/2021 at 08:38, Bizzzle said:

New Line of Duty was alright last night. Not the most exciting start but still good

I'll wait until the end and binge watch it all. Mainly due to having a terrible memory now, I can't wait a week between episodes. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'll wait until the end and binge watch it all. Mainly due to having a terrible memory now, I can't wait a week between episodes. 

I'd prefer to do that way too tbh but I know I'd end up having it spoiled by someone 

23 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Anyone watching The Circle?

Big Villa fan on there 😎

I actually caught an episode of that for the first time the other day. Only had a vague idea what the set up was. For those who don’t know and have no wish to find out first hand, think “big brother” meets “call my bluff” done through social media and you’re basically there. “Cat fishing” and the like.

I think if I was 10-15 years younger I might have become an avid viewer. As to be expected it’s quite ego centric in places, there’s a lot of dialogue that ends with a hashtag when they don’t really need one #lessismoreguys. I would hazard a guess it wouldn’t appeal to many on here.

However if you made me watch this or love island, I’d choose the circle every time. There’s an interesting idea in there, just too much “bants” and similar that detract from the gamesmanship.

The Villa lad seems a good fella, to be fair.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I actually caught an episode of that for the first time the other day. Only had a vague idea what the set up was. For those who don’t know and have no wish to find out first hand, think “big brother” meets “call my bluff” done through social media and you’re basically there. “Cat fishing” and the like.

I think if I was 10-15 years younger I might have become an avid viewer. As to be expected it’s quite ego centric in places, there’s a lot of dialogue that ends with a hashtag when they don’t really need one #lessismoreguys. I would hazard a guess it wouldn’t appeal to many on here.

However if you made me watch this or love island, I’d choose the circle every time. There’s an interesting idea in there, just too much “bants” and similar that detract from the gamesmanship.

The Villa lad seems a good fella, to be fair.

The hashtagging makes me cringe, but yeah it's a really cool concept and the first two series were brilliant. This one is OK so far, but not living up to those two yet. The second series there was some seriously you could say vicious gameplay going on from one of the catfish and IIRC he actually won one of the cash prizes (voted for by fellow players, the other cash prize was voted for by the viewers). He got some serious hate on social media for it (which all died down) but looking back it was great TV.

And agreed on Love Island, I can't deal with watching that now.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Anyone else think Line Of Duty is one of the most over hyped shows ever ?

Been OK but this latest episode was poor. Kelly Mcdonald is so shit as an actress it's embarrassing, stiff as a board and just so unnatural as a lead role in the police force. It was laughable at times. 

59 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

got 5 episodes in to the terror and turned it off. load of rubbish we thought.

2 episodes into Devils which i'm enjoying so far

The Terror was...... dreadful, go the last episode straight after the 3rd and you miss nothing. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, tinker said:

Been OK but this latest episode was poor. Kelly Mcdonald is so shit as an actress it's embarrassing, stiff as a board and just so unnatural as a lead role in the police force. It was laughable at times. 

I thought it got lost up it's own arse from near enough the very start. Tried to be too clever.

• Like 1

I gave up on The Terror after 2-3 episodes. I wanted to like it but it didn't grip me at all.

Finished season 1 of Godfather of Harlem. Tremendous. Season 2 starts in a couple of weeks I believe.

7 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I started "The Fall" with Gillian Anderson.

3rd Episode.  8.5/10 so far.

Procedurally the Police are all over the shop for SOC and Forensics though.

As someone on here told me when I watched it last year, ignore season 3.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â