Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Finally got beyond the second episode of Breaking Bad. Close to the end of S2 now and still not convinced. It's pretty schlocky stuff on the whole. Some decent dialogue and acting, but the storyline is idiotic and some of the side plots are even worse. It doesn't help that I dislike every character. The most likeable is Hank, but that's not saying much. But I'll stick with it because it's entertaining enough and everyone says it gets progressively better.

• Like 2

On 27/03/2021 at 21:16, theboyangel said:

Taskmaster was again excellent - really enjoyed the haunted house task 🤣

I've been working my way through every series of Taskmaster. I think I'm on Season 10 (the first one that's socially distanced)

I do like the show but it's massively dependant on who they have on it. I skipped all but the first 2 episodes of Season 9 because I just didn't really like anyone on it (and they were censoring all the swearing which annoyed me way more than I thought it would)

Also Alex Horne is painfully unfunny.

But when the show is good it's absolutely hilarious. 

On 22/03/2021 at 08:38, Bizzzle said:

New Line of Duty was alright last night. Not the most exciting start but still good

On 22/03/2021 at 09:31, Rodders said:

I do hope it doesn't end up being the convoluted mess that last season's turned out to be. It was a pretty cautious opener last night though

Agreed and agreed.

I cringe when I think about the end of the last season. It really really tainted the show for me. Just complete revisionism on the story to keep it going longer. I really hated it. Which is a real shame because up until then it was a fantastic show.

Hoping this season gets back to somewhere near it's best. It's been a pretty promising start

• Like 1

On 20/03/2021 at 05:47, theboyangel said:

Really quite enjoyed Your Honour on Sky Atlantic. 

What started as a difficult quandary soon spun out of control. 

A few gripes about it around characters decision making but it was definitely entertaining. 

Reveal hidden contents

I had a.feeling it wasn't going to end well for the son in a karma type way. 

Yeah I enjoyed it a lot more than some people on here seemed to. The only thing I hated about it was how much of a **** idiot the son is.

Spoiler

They literally would have gotten away with the whole thing if it wasn't for his constant stream of ludicrous decisions

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Anyone watching invincible? Looking at you @Chindie

Had some clips come up on YouTube and it looked alright 

It's on my list. I've heard good things but I don't know the property (all of Kirkman's stuff is a blind spot for me). I suspect it's going to be doing the Boys style perversion of the Justice League thing but there's plenty of scope to do interesting stuff with that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've been working my way through every series of Taskmaster. I think I'm on Season 10 (the first one that's socially distanced)

I do like the show but it's massively dependant on who they have on it. I skipped all but the first 2 episodes of Season 9 because I just didn't really like anyone on it (and they were censoring all the swearing which annoyed me way more than I thought it would)

Also Alex Horne is painfully unfunny.

But when the show is good it's absolutely hilarious. 

Series 9 was brilliant.  I can't remember which episode it was but David Baddiel actually had me rolling on the floor laughing at one stage.  The two series on Channel 4 have really suffered with there not being an audience for the contestants to bounce off in the studio bits imo.  They have had a couple of rubbish contestants on it too, Richard Herring didn't make me laugh once in it.  I'd probably even have preferred Stewart Lee.  Mike Wozniak has been great this time round and I'd never really heard of him.

• Like 1

On 30/03/2021 at 21:13, Follyfoot said:

Last week I caught the last 10 minutes of Dr pimple popper before 90 Day fiance started. Absolutely gross but I’ve been watching more and more of it each day that has progressed. There is something deeply satisfying about the lancing and squeezing of boils, spots et cetera. She has an absolutely wicked tool For spot squeezing, how I wish I had one in my teenage years

My wife is massively into this, though she has oddly specific standards about what is and isn't gross in this area. She loves them when they 'pop' apparently, but it's disgusting if they have to go digging around inside.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Series 9 was brilliant.  I can't remember which episode it was but David Baddiel actually had me rolling on the floor laughing at one stage.  The two series on Channel 4 have really suffered with there not being an audience for the contestants to bounce off in the studio bits imo.  They have had a couple of rubbish contestants on it too, Richard Herring didn't make me laugh once in it.  I'd probably even have preferred Stewart Lee.  Mike Wozniak has been great this time round and I'd never really heard of him.

It either wasn’t season 9 that I skipped or it wasn’t season 9 that He was in, because I definitely watched the one with David Baddiel in. 

I started to watch The English Game, but didn't get far. I usually quite like early 20th century English period productions and obviously love football and this seemed okay... but the Scottish hot shot striker was really annoying and the show seemed to lack cohesion. Should I keep watching?

Edited by maqroll

18 hours ago, Big Salad said:

Over the weekend I watched 'Fawlty Towers' and laughed my butt off the entire time🤣

This is prob my favorite scene😂:

I loved this show as a kid. Seems pretty dated now though.

32 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Yeah there's some pretty racist stuff it in tbh. The "Major" character in particular.

I know they were poking fun at that generation of "English Colonist" but it's pretty dated now. Also the Spanish Manuel stuff is cringeworthy.

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Yeah there's some pretty racist stuff it in tbh. The "Major" character in particular.

I know they were poking fun at that generation of "English Colonist" but it's pretty dated now. Also the Spanish Manuel stuff is cringeworthy.

As a kid I thought the Manuel portrayal was really offensive.

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

Still think it is a work of genius, the chemistry between the cast makes it more so

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Champion the wonder horse on talking pictures right now. Marvellous, awful but Marvellously good fun that takes me back to the best Saturday mornings I can remember. 

Like a streak of lightnin flashin cross the sky...

you’ve got me singing it now👍🤣

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â