Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

22 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

2 episodes (out of 4) into Bloodlands on BBC iPlayer. 

pretty much a run of the mill crime drama set in Northern Ireland but not too bad at all. 

Unfortunately, the final episode (4) was so implausible it ruined the series. So bad it was the subject of many angry/annoyed/wtf messages on a WhatsApp family group.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, theboyangel said:

2 episodes (out of 4) into Bloodlands on BBC iPlayer. 

pretty much a run of the mill crime drama set in Northern Ireland but not too bad at all. 

Well good luck with that, it’s entertaining but the last episode had me wondering why I bothered. I stress it will keep you entertained so is probably worth it. 

• Thanks 1

Been told to watch "Unforgotten", this one totally escaped me. First season already done, good story and packed with well known British actors from the last few decades.

Worth a look.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Been told to watch "Unforgotten", this one totally escaped me. First season already done, good story and packed with well known British actors from the last few decades.

Worth a look.

I’ve watched all episodes from all 4 series. Very enjoyable with decent storylines and realistic scenarios and acting. I originally thought Sanjeev Baskar’s acting wasn’t convincing in the first series but he really improves with every series. Unforgotten might be a bit ‘gentle’ for some in that it lacks the tyre screeching car chases, police colleagues shouting at each other in frustration, swearing (or repeated GODDAMMIT! in 24), and team corruption of many other crime dramas, but it’s definitely more realistic and therefore more believable in my opinion. Even the actors look simply average, unlike many American shows where most of the ‘good guys’ could be models or ex-models - annoyingly spoiling the realism for me. Hopefully there will be a series 5 of Unforgotten.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brommy said:

I’ve watched all episodes from all 4 series. Very enjoyable with decent storylines and realistic scenarios and acting. I originally thought Sanjeev Baskar’s acting wasn’t convincing in the first series but he really improves with every series. Unforgotten might be a bit ‘gentle’ for some in that it lacks the tyre screeching car chases, police colleagues shouting at each other in frustration, swearing (or repeated GODDAMMIT! in 24), and team corruption of many other crime dramas, but it’s definitely more realistic and therefore more believable in my opinion. Even the actors look simply average, unlike many American shows where most of the ‘good guys’ could be models or ex-models - annoyingly spoiling the realism for me. Hopefully there will be a series 5 of Unforgotten.

There will be, minus one character.

37 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

There will be, minus one character.

Is there confirmation of a 5th series? I hope so as it’s not reliant on one character so I’m sure they’ll cope without Tiddles the Police Station cat.

Edited by brommy
Questions are clearer with a question mark!

36 minutes ago, brommy said:

Is there confirmation of a 5th series? I hope so as it’s not reliant on one character so I’m sure they’ll cope without Tiddles the Police Station cat.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I started Counterpart on Amazon prime. Looked pretty slick, but I shut it off as soon as they revealed their gimmick. Disappointing. 

I quite enjoyed it and its all done and dusted in 2 seasons.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I hope my post was vague enough not to be a spoiler.

Yes confirmed by ITV and the writer last week.

Very happy with that. Superb TV show and I thought Season 4 might be the end of it.

22 hours ago, brommy said:

Unfortunately, the final episode (4) was so implausible it ruined the series. So bad it was the subject of many angry/annoyed/wtf messages on a WhatsApp family group.

16 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Well good luck with that, it’s entertaining but the last episode had me wondering why I bothered. I stress it will keep you entertained so is probably worth it. 

Well, you were both right. Bloodlands really dropped off the cliff and descended into utter laughable garbage. 

overall it was... 

spock GIF

• Haha 3

Been watching The Walking Dead on and off for the past year or so. While initially gripping, it started to tail off around season 4/5 and I lost interest. Randomly picked it up again recently after being really bored and I have to say, the end of season 5 and now all of season 6 has been the most intense TV I've ever watched. Just watched the episode where Negan is first introduced and man, speechless.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Been watching The Walking Dead on and off for the past year or so. While initially gripping, it started to tail off around season 4/5 and I lost interest. Randomly picked it up again recently after being really bored and I have to say, the end of season 5 and now all of season 6 has been the most intense TV I've ever watched. Just watched the episode where Negan is first introduced and man, speechless.

there’s a couple really great story lines from 7 til now intertwined with some of the more tedious ones, if you’re still a fan the amazing moments will more than outweigh the dull.

the most recent season is struggling to find a direction though, it feels like it’s preparing for a huge change soon.

I’ll probably always watch it even though I’ve said I’m done with it 2 or 3 times.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Is no one watching Line of Duty?

I'm waiting until the end then binge watching them. Can't be doing with weekly episodes now. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, a m ole said:

Is no one watching Line of Duty?

I am. Enjoying it a lot. Can’t say too much due to knobbers saving them up and binge watching it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Â