Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I’ve been pleasantly surprised with ‘Resident Alien’ on Sky. 

I expected it to be a bit cheesy, but it’s surprisingly funny and the lead actor is great in it. 

• Like 2

Started watching Man Down on Netflix.   Stars Greg Davies, I'm sure it was on terrestrial TV a few years ago but it passed me.  Plenty of laughs so far 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stuart_75 said:

Just started The Godfather of Harlem staring Forrest Whitaker. 2 episodes in and its great. Loads of good actors faces I've seen before and plenty violence. Fully recommended 8/10 WB.

What is that on?? 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Finished The Terror. Bloody ace. 

Still need to watch the second series. Really enjoyed the first series, and I'll watch anything Jared Harris in.

• Like 1

Just now, Designer1 said:

Still need to watch the second series. Really enjoyed the first series, and I'll watch anything Jared Harris in.

Check the IMDB reviews of season 2 though - almost unanimous that it's shit. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Check the IMDB reviews of season 2 though - almost unanimous that it's shit. 

Ah, that's a shame - saves me tracking it down though.

20 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

He’s brilliant.The ‘every lie incurs a debt to the truth’ scene in Chernobyl, is one of my favourite TV moments of all time. 

Doesn’t have much luck getting people to listen to him though does he 😀

• Like 2

17 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I watched a couple of episodes, didn't rate it, compared with Vikings, which I really liked. 

Only watched the first episode of GoT, hated it. 

I actually didn't like Last Kingdom for the first few episodes, nearly gave up on it.

About 4 or 5 in it all clicked and has been incredible since.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I watched a couple of episodes, didn't rate it, compared with Vikings, which I really liked. 

Only watched the first episode of GoT, hated it. 

You wont get a lot out of 1 episode of GoT, the whole first season is setting the scene for future events.

It's a very different proposition to the likes of Vikings and The Last Kingdom anyway. The characters have clear motivations and are (loosely) based on real events. GoT is all about intrigue and betrayal.

I watched a series or 2 of Vikings and recently watched The Last Kingdom and thought they were pretty good. I did find the dialogue in them quite repetitive and childlike though, probably because the main characters seem obsessed with referring to themselves in the 3rd person.

episode one of Your Honor - intrigued, will carry on

episode three of deutschland 83 - enjoying it so far, I'm hoping I can persuade the mrs to watch the americans with me after this ( she found the first few episodes of that too slow :( ) 

homelands - seen the three episodes and disappointed. Edit - spoilering to be safe

Spoiler

The twist at the end of episode two was infuriating. Then I saw it was jed mercurio and that explains it all, going for shock reveal telly at the expense of characters and plot. At least with AC12 in line of duty you knew you had someone to root for, now I feel ambivalent about the solution. Shame as subject matter wise I thought it would be really interesting. He's ruined Line of Duty ( though I will inevitably watch the new season ), and Bodyguard again went from fine to utter nonsense. Now, ok he's only an EP, but his influence on the shock tactic seems pretty evident. Can't stand that approach to telly. All about making a water cooler talking point for a week rather than an actual coherent storyline. 

Edited by Rodders

10 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Amazon Prime. 

No.its not. Starz or summat, and asked me to pay. **** that,wheres that pirate ship

Remembering how much I loved True Detective S1. And how everyone was totally into it every Sunday night. Sensational television. Shame they couldn't maintain the quality.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Finished The Terror. Bloody ace. 

I couldn't make out if was one of those supernatural horror/thriller type films, which I usually hate.

9 hours ago, rjw63 said:

No.its not. Starz or summat, and asked me to pay. **** that,wheres that pirate ship

Yeah you’re right. They were offering a 3 month trial as an add-on and I’ve got that, so it just shows up with all the Prime programmes. 

Edited by wazzap24

I've cherry picked all the good stuff off Starzplay using "non-traditional" methods of obtaining media. Doom Patrol, Mr Mercedes, Castle Rock, Counterpoint, Pennyworth, Godfather of Harlem.

Found all those shows quite good.

• Like 1

Â