Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

8 hours ago, a m ole said:

Is no one watching Line of Duty?

Yes, very enjoyable so far. Much more of a slow burn and less of a convoluted mess (so far) than the last series.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm waiting until the end then binge watching them. Can't be doing with weekly episodes now. 

Me too.

I'm quite enjoying LoD even if it's still very silly.

It's been satisfying seeing some of the threads left dangling in previous seasons get pulled together, I'd long forgotten some of it.

11 hours ago, a m ole said:

there’s a couple really great story lines from 7 til now intertwined with some of the more tedious ones, if you’re still a fan the amazing moments will more than outweigh the dull.

the most recent season is struggling to find a direction though, it feels like it’s preparing for a huge change soon.

I’ll probably always watch it even though I’ve said I’m done with it 2 or 3 times.

I gave up on it after season 8 I think.  Just seemed to completely lose direction and become a bit of a same old same old rinse and repeat type of show. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'm quite enjoying LoD even if it's still very silly.

It's been satisfying seeing some of the threads left dangling in previous seasons get pulled together, I'd long forgotten some of it.

This, I love watching it like this meme:

image.gif.2d49f1df2b5601696c426b67d620cf4f.gif

Don’t know when it’s coming but the full story reveal is going to be very satisfying.

18 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Huh??? For what, better dialogue?

CGI rather than outdoor locations. Garish colours. Po has to wear a crash helmet when riding her scooter. The ghastly tiddly tubbies. Less imaginative, more anodyne. 

Original: 

New: 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Shocked 1

On 02/04/2021 at 15:34, theboyangel said:

I will admit I really quite liked The Flight Attendant on Sky One (and not just for the Big Bang’s Kaley Cuoco!)

happy big bang GIF by CraveTV

Very cheesy but easy viewing with the wife. 

Same mate, it’s a lot better than I expected.

• Like 2

Somehow I've got to a point where I've kinda watched and caught up on what feels like every half decent TV show that's been released recently.
- Fall all Mankind
- Servant
- Flight Attendant
- Line of Duty
- Snowfall
- Snowpiercer
- Your Honour
- The Crown

Anyone got any recommendations that aren't super hero related?

Maybe I should go outside or something :trollface:

Edited by PieFacE

23 hours ago, a m ole said:

there’s a couple really great story lines from 7 til now intertwined with some of the more tedious ones, if you’re still a fan the amazing moments will more than outweigh the dull.

the most recent season is struggling to find a direction though, it feels like it’s preparing for a huge change soon.

I’ll probably always watch it even though I’ve said I’m done with it 2 or 3 times.

Season 10 just finally finished after the Covid delay, the next will be the last. Fear TWD got a bit better than the original at around season 4 and there is some crossover, but they’re both pretty crap now. I just keep watching pretty much in the background to see if anything happens.

8 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Season 10 just finally finished after the Covid delay, the next will be the last. Fear TWD got a bit better than the original at around season 4 and there is some crossover, but they’re both pretty crap now. I just keep watching pretty much in the background to see if anything happens.

I’m about to watch the last one, that’s why this season has been 

Spoiler

basically winding up in the last half, feels like it’s coming to a final conflict storyline.

I did actually get through FTWD until

Spoiler

Nick died

never picked it up again after that. Worth carrying on?

Edited by a m ole

9 hours ago, a m ole said:

I’m about to watch the last one, that’s why this season has been 

Hide contents

basically winding up in the last half, feels like it’s coming to a final conflict storyline.

I did actually get through FTWD until

Hide contents

Nick died

never picked it up again after that. Worth carrying on?

Depends if you like the gun slinger guy and the woman from Lost with the big SWAT van and

Spoiler

Morgan from TWD

as it’s pretty much a complete turnover of characters by that point.

Edited by fightoffyour

I've been binging "Unforgotten" on Netflix. I'd never heard of it when it was on the BBC but it's really rather good. Some stuff is a bit too convenient but it's very enjoyable.

Edit: I see @rjw63 mentioned this on the previous page. I missed that but agree with his assessment. I'm only halfway through series 3 but it's good stuff so far.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

On 06/04/2021 at 07:05, Designer1 said:

Yes, very enjoyable so far. Much more of a slow burn and less of a convoluted mess (so far) than the last series.

Yeah agreed. Started promisingly. Hoping they learned some lessons from the last series which really feels like it's tainted the show as a whole. The ending of last series was just horrible.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've been binging "Unforgotten" on Netflix. I'd never heard of it when it was on the BBC but it's really rather good. Some stuff is a bit too convenient but it's very enjoyable.

Same here, almost done season one-three since last Friday.

Looks like a trip to the "high seas" for season 4.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Same here, almost done season one-three since last Friday.

Looks like a trip to the "high seas" for season 4.

Is season 4 on iPlayer? Can't see it on Netflix

Edit: oh! I just got what you meant. Understood ;) 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Haha 1

Â