General Chat

Stevo985

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I tried the balls out piss.  It's the worst not only did my balls feel a breeze it was harder to aim.

Amateur 

• Like 2

I see the Heil is back on virgin trains.

“Accepting differing and opposing views”. As long as those opposing views are only from racist, bigoted, nimby rich white types yeah? 

17 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I see the Heil is back on virgin trains.

“Accepting differing and opposing views”. As long as those opposing views are only from racist, bigoted, nimby rich white types yeah? 

Virgin don't sell the Guardian. It's another one of these non-stories which caused an "outcry".

5 hours ago, limpid said:

Virgin don't sell the Guardian. It's another one of these non-stories which caused an "outcry".

What's the most Guardian thing imaginable? 

Answer: the Guardian, publishing writers who claim that Virgin not selling the Mail is book-burning censorship, and not mentioning at any point that Virgin don't sell the Guardian. 

They hate the Mail, but never quite as much as they hate themselves. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

What's the most Guardian thing imaginable? 

I reckon this must run it close, certainly in headline terms

With Jeremy Clarkson suspended, here's my vision for an eco-feminist Top Gear

• Haha 3

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42698562

Two parents have been arrested in California after police found they allegedly kept their 13 children captive at home, some "shackled to their beds with chains and padlocks".

The officers were "shocked" to discover that seven of those held in the house were actually adults aged between 18 and 29.

Bizarre! 

Can somebody tell me something about resting heart rate?

Google tells me 60-100 is good; mine is anywhere between 51-56 at rest. It went down to below 40 while I was sleeping last night.

Something to be worried about or an indication of my fitness?

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Google tells me 60-100 is good; mine is anywhere between 51-56 at rest. It went down to below 40 while I was sleeping last night.

You're dying. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I guess it would go down while you're sleeping. Mine is usually 40 to 45 at rest. When I was in hospital a few years ago (gallstones) I got tired of explaining "I'm a runner" to the amazed staff taking my pulse. Bad news was they stopped giving me morphine, as it lowered it still further, which was apparently a bit dangerous! 

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I have a similar low resting heart beat, although never measured it during sleep. I’ve just put it down to being a natural athlete, just currently a 17 stone fat one.

• Haha 1

Not checked mine for a while but my resting heart rate was always around the low 40 mark but from Doctors at the time it seemed it was as a result of being "super" fit  rather than something like bradycardia

I'm not athletic anymore so I don't get nurses double checking their heart monitor is working Ok any more ..instead they check someone hasn't left a few bricks on the scales when they weigh me

My..................................heart.........................................only..........................................beats...........................................on..............................ce.....................................a.....................................week....................................they..............................................................say................................................I'm....................................................like............................................a...........................................tur......................................tle..................................................................................................................................so.........................................................................................................................................................................that's.............................................................................................................................nice...............................................................................................................isn't........................................................................................................................................................it?

Â