General Chat

Stevo985

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

at the time she appeared I'd have said 99.9% of us had never heard of her  , seemed a strange person to mimic for a wind up

Early doors she mentioned doing a London - Paris bike ride , at the time nobody knew who she was / pretending to be  , and a few people asked about sponsoring her  ... to which I think she replied along the lines of very sweet but I'm not looking for sponsorship money as our sponsors are covering it  .. which is what set us off into Sherlock Holmes mode trying to work out who she was  ... a quick google and you'll even find the event sponsored by Oakley in  2010 so the timing fits

Plus there were some pics from Sochi and some comments that seemed very much ITK from the event  

So I dunno  ..could have been fake , but  there is also a part that thinks she was legit  

That's where I am.

She really wasn't at all famous when she signed up, so it really would have been quite a strange person to "take off" and pretend to be.

But the more famous she got, the less she seemed believable, and on some occasions, the timings didn't line up at all and people have said they got in touch with her via other social media and she's not known what's been said.  

But it's in the beginning where it confuses me.  Maybe it was her Ex all along, but I doubt her ex was a hairy bloke who loves cleaning solution and wrestling.. :lol:  

• Like 3

She was very famous before she joined in the extreme sports scene. I remember a conversation she was involved with very early on (I'm not sure if she was posting before I joined or just after, but I hadn't been here long) and I couldn't believe it was the actual Jenny Jones posting on a villa football forum. Even more weird to me was that no one seemed to care or understand who she was :lol:

@mjmooney Villaajax pops up on PSN occasionally (playstation network), I think he's OK. Was last time I spoke to him anyway. I suppose one of two things happened - he was rumbled, so he left. Or he was accused of impersonating a girl and left. Either way I can't blame him :D

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

And am I the only one that wonders (and maybe even worries a bit) what has happened to Villaajax? 

there's a few ex posters who were a big part of the community and you wonder what happened to them  ... some I see updates on via facebook  , and even still interact with  .. some like Ajax I guess I'll never know  , I like to think he's shut himself away with loads of lego in a happy place  though

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

She really wasn't at all famous when she signed up, so it really would have been quite a strange person to "take off" and pretend to be.

But the more famous she got, the less she seemed believable, and on some occasions, the timings didn't line up at all and people have said they got in touch with her via other social media and she's not known what's been said.  

But it's in the beginning where it confuses me.  Maybe it was her Ex all along, but I doubt her ex was a hairy bloke who loves cleaning solution and wrestling.. :lol:  

It was a strange person to mimic, but she WAS famous before she signed up. Maybe not to you and me, but to anyone who followed Snowboarding, or the X Games in general, she would be a well known name. She was a tow time X Games gold medal winner, which is a big deal in that sport.

But yes, I don't believe it was her. Timings don't line up. There were times she was posting on here all weekend and saying she wasn't up to much, and then her (official) twitter would post photos on the Monday saying something like "Great weekend spent at the lake in such and such a place" and these photos of her doing loads of things.

Plus posting on here while she was LIVE on TV. Said he was posting during the breaks, but IIRC she was on it with some very famous people. Was she just ignoring them during the break so she could post on VillaTalk?

I don't buy it, and I think the Olympics thing was just a very lucky coincidence.

Edited by Stevo985

15 minutes ago, hogso said:

She was very famous before she joined in the extreme sports scene. I remember a conversation she was involved with very early on (I'm not sure if she was posting before I joined or just after, but I hadn't been here long) and I couldn't believe it was the actual Jenny Jones posting on a villa football forum. Even more weird to me was that no one seemed to care or understand who she was :lol:

@mjmooney Villaajax pops up on PSN occasionally (playstation network), I think he's OK. Was last time I spoke to him anyway. I suppose one of two things happened - he was rumbled, so he left. Or he was accused of impersonating a girl and left. Either way I can't blame him :D

If it was him, when rumbled he should have stuck around and lorded it over the rest of us mecilessly, as the VT troller of all time (honeytrap thread excepted). 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

And am I the only one that wonders (and maybe even worries a bit) what has happened to Villaajax? 

He logs onto PlayStation Network fairly regularly so I think he's fine

I don't know if JJ was VillaAjax, but it was highly suspicious when they both disappeared form VT for months, and then both reappeared within a couple of days of each other, then disappeared again.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Plus posting on here while she was LIVE on TV. Said he was posting during the breaks, but IIRC she was on it with some very famous people. Was she just ignoring them during the break so she could post on VillaTalk

I watched that show (in so much as after the first 10 mins the TV was on in the back ground )   , if I recall it was a few hours long and involved a lot of downtime   ....  you could see her mobile on the counter in front of her and quite often you could see her using it when the camera panned to a wider angle ... not concrete proof , but again just enough to make it feasible that she was  posting  ....  Why .. Lord only knows

but  .... didn't someone go to an event she was at once and get blanked ( pre bronze medal if I recall)

either way I'm just glad I didn't send her pictures of my knob like she kept asking via private message 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

I watched that show (in so much as after the first 10 mins the TV was on in the back ground )   , if I recall it was a few hours long and involved a lot of downtime   ....  you could see her mobile on the counter in front of her and quite often you could see her using it when the camera panned to a wider angle ... not concrete proof , but again just enough to make it feasible that she was  posting  ....  Why .. Lord only knows

but  .... didn't someone go to an event she was at once and get blanked ( pre bronze medal if I recall)

either way I'm just glad I didn't send her pictures of my knob like she kept asking via private message 

No I'm pretty sure it was the Jonathan Ross show.

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No I'm pretty sure it was the Jonathan Ross show.

Ah ok we are talking different shows , the one I watched was a cooking show one Sunday morning 

Yeah it was Sunday Brunch when she was posting and you saw her with her phone on TV at the same-ish time. 

But then if you were impersonating her you would take advantage of the situation so.... 

:D crazy really. We'll probably never know, but I'd love to know the truth. 

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Xann said:

I'm intrigued enough to want to find out if JJ on VT was the real deal?

I work for a sports broadcaster and the journos owe me plenty favours. Will try find out.

Oh here we go, we've got another one. You're Gary Lineker, I suppose!?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Oh here we go, we've got another one. You're Gary Lineker, I suppose!?

Christ on a bike - I don't appear in front of camera!

Famously unphotogenic and quite (very) sweary.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd say I'm 99% sure it wasn't her.

Same. I'm sure people direct messaged her on Twitter and asked her to confirm but never responded. 

I'd say it was a very well executed ruse. 

Edited by Xela

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Same. I'm sure people direct messaged her on Twitter and asked her to confirm but never responded. 

I'd say it was a very well executed ruse. 

If she was as casual and "fun" as she came across on here she would definitely have confirmed her identity during that post Olympic phase. Loads of people were asking her to say a phrase or something on camera (subtle stuff along with the usual DHUTWU and Scuba Steve suggestions).

She'd have definitely done that if she was genuine.

Â