The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

4 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Speaking of Hanks, we watched Catch me if you can again the other night.

I hadn't seen it for a good few years and it was actually even better than I remembered. 

Cracking performances all round, including an early showing from the always fantastic Amy Adams. 

Yeah great movie that. I'd forgotten Amy Adams was in it but I can picture her in it now

5 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Speaking of Hanks, we watched Catch me if you can again the other night.

I hadn't seen it for a good few years and it was actually even better than I remembered. 

Cracking performances all round, including an early showing from the always fantastic Amy Adams. 

Yep, such an enjoyable film. There’s never a lull.

If I had to pick my top 5 films for each of Spielberg, DiCaprio and Hanks, (probably Christopher Walken as well actually) it would appear somewhere on the list for each one. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Probably not a spoiler but I think they will kill Bond off in this last Craig film and reboot it, just a feeling 

Let's hope they just kill it off altogether 😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Probably not a spoiler but I think they will kill Bond off in this last Craig film and reboot it, just a feeling 

Oh for sure. I'm guessing he gets killed by an owl on top of a Pyramid whilst Michael Caine stares at the camera wearing an octopus T shirt and screams "Is this on the nose enough " ?

• Like 1

Finally got round to watching Le Mans '66... or Ford vs Ferrari or whatever it's called. 

Good, but not quite as good as I expected if I'm being honest.

Thought Bale was great as Ken Miles, although it irritated me how many stereotypical english phrases and quirks they gave him to hammer home how English he is.

Liked it though. Didn't know the ending of the story so worked well.

Watched Molly’s Game last night and thought it was an interesting and enjoyable watch. If you don’t play/know poker terminology parts of the movie might fly over your head though.

Lots of fast paced Sorkin dialogue.

• Like 1

Watched "Black And Blue" last night and really enjoyed it.

Never going to win any awards, but cracks along at a good pace, it's easy to build an affinity with the "goodies" and although it's fairly predictable stuff - black distrust of the police, internal corruption and cover-ups, fur-clad gangsters - it's a decent beer and crisps weekend movie.

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Finally got round to watching Le Mans '66... or Ford vs Ferrari or whatever it's called. 

Good, but not quite as good as I expected if I'm being honest.

Thought Bale was great as Ken Miles, although it irritated me how many stereotypical english phrases and quirks they gave him to hammer home how English he is.

Liked it though. Didn't know the ending of the story so worked well.

I enjoyed the film better following the appearance of a Villa top.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hornso said:

Watched Molly’s Game last night and thought it was an interesting and enjoyable watch. If you don’t play/know poker terminology parts of the movie might fly over your head though.

Lots of fast paced Sorkin dialogue.

Absolutely head over heels in love with Jessica Chastain and she's a fine actress, she owns the screen.

• Like 2

Â