The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Watched a film by the Chinese tourism board called Mulan

To me its the film that makes the most sense going live action and I really enjoyed it, its a beautiful looking film, they shoe horn in a lot of the country, they could have gone further with wuxia stuff for me but there's just enough of it to make it cool, same with the martial arts I would have liked more but it does enough with it to work 

Best Disney live action film by a distance 

The Mrs is now going to get treated to hero, CTHD and house of flying daggers... 

And yet heavily criticised by China...

Disney made a homage to a Chinese tourism board film but not the real thing, it was merely genuine imitation.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

Claire Foy and James McAvoy are set to star in My Son, the missing person thriller from ErosSTX Global Corp. and a remake of the 2017 French movie Mon Garçon.

French director Christian Carion will direct the English-language adaptation for STXfilms after he helmed the original French thriller that starred Guillaume Canet as a father who will do anything to get his young son back.

The My Son remake will see McAvoy play the father whose son goes missing, leading him to travel to the town where his ex-wife (Foy) lives in search of answers to the mystery.

To play a man who doesn't know what's ahead of him, McAvoy will not be given a script or dialogue. Instead, he will improvise on set as each scene unfolds, as was the case in the original French film, with the rest of the cast and crew for the English language remake being aware of the scenes.

Not aware of the original french version, but sounds interesting. Wonder who’s gonna have more fun, McAvoy for making up whatever or Foy et all having to guess what he’s going to do.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/claire-foy-james-mcavoy-to-star-in-my-son-thriller

Getting in to the Halloween mood, most of these films are crap to be fair but there are some that are highly entertaining popcorn fun.

The Babysitter and The Babysitter killer queen on Netflix were great fun, tongue in cheek slasher comedies, well worth a blast if you're in the mood.

ps.... hotties and I do mean hotties frequent above mentioned movies 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Getting in to the Halloween mood, most of these films are crap to be fair but there are some that are highly entertaining popcorn fun.

The Babysitter and The Babysitter killer queen on Netflix were great fun, tongue in cheek slasher comedies, well worth a blast if you're in the mood.

ps.... hotties and I do mean hotties frequent above mentioned movies 😉

I like hotties

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Watched this for the first time in years last night. Found myself enjoying it more this time round, it was definitely more amusing than I remembered it being. 

0A2DCF5C-1F7C-48F1-B4FB-770E896CD037.jpeg

Walther Mathau 👌, always always very watchable, good film too.

• Like 1

Saw Unhinged tonight , Crowe looks like he ate the rest of the cast , good luck getting him in shape for Gladiator 2!!

film was fairly decent some pretty cool deaths that caught you unawares made up for the lack of any real coherent plot , worth seeing in the absence of anything better to watch 

10 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Tomorrow. 

I’ve tried to avoid spoilers, but apparently, the bit with Rudy Giuliani is not to be missed. 

So will this be included with the Prime subscription or additional on top?

Â