The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Netflix secret codes: How to access hidden films and TV shows on the streaming service

There are loads of titles you didn’t know were on the streaming service

To visit each genre’s webpage, all you need to do is input the four-digit code into your web browser after the following address :http://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/

It is worth noting that this only works on the website, and won’t be available on phones, NOW TV boxes or the Amazon Firestick.

The kind people over at ogres-crypt have compiled the comprehensive list of genres

Independent

• Like 2

Watched Tenet last night

Left the cinema scratching my head  ...

Visually it looks good , but it's a mess of  a film sound wise  , maybe a second viewing with subtitles might improve it  . I didn't hate it , but I'm not in love with it either  ... probably I just "didn't get it "

Few people are saying a second viewing helps , but like inception , I'm not convinced I'd give it a second viewing  ...

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Is train to Busan good? I tried to find it in Netflix to no avail 

The original one is great, top stuff.

The sequel that came this year called Peninsula is IMO garbage.

• Thanks 1

Blasting through the Rambo films atm, jebus they are bad when watching through a modern filter. The original one is a good movie IMO but First Blood 2 and 3 are hilariously bad. Especially the sound effects make them almost comedies. 

Also finding it impossible to watch them without comparing to Hot Shot's 2 (which is fantastic :D )

Only watched #4 once and hated it and never bothered to watch the last one so I'm in for a treat.

• Like 1

Only watched First Blood for the first time the other month, was never particularly bothered about the Rambo films because of the reputation of gungho nonsense the later films have (and yes Hot Shots part deux played it’s part in forming that view). 

Was genuinely quite impressed with it for the most part. Brian Dennehy in particular was great and in some regards it’s kind of his movie. Think a manhunt/cat & mouse style chase film must push some buttons for me.

Maybe I’ll sit down and see the others, not sure. It’s strange how, much like Rocky, the later films seem to define the appeal of the franchise. When people think of Rambo, an image of Stallone with a machine gun and headband is probably provoked. Similarly with Rocky I reckon more people immediately think of “Ding, ding”, Mr T or Ivan Drago than they do the first one.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Only watched First Blood for the first time the other month, was never particularly bothered about the Rambo films because of the reputation of gungho nonsense the later films have (and yes Hot Shots part deux played it’s part in forming that view). 

Was genuinely quite impressed with it for the most part. Brian Dennehy in particular was great and in some regards it’s kind of his movie. Think a manhunt/cat & mouse style chase film must push some buttons for me.

Maybe I’ll sit down and see the others, not sure. It’s strange how, much like Rocky, the later films seem to define the appeal of the franchise. When people think of Rambo, an image of Stallone with a machine gun and headband is probably provoked. Similarly with Rocky I reckon more people immediately think of “Ding, ding”, Mr T or Ivan Drago than they do the first one.

He only wanted something to eat

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The one where he fights alongside Al Qaeda against the Russians is retrospectively hilarious.

Is that the one where he cauterises  a  massive hole in his side with gunpowder 

14 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The one where he fights alongside Al Qaeda against the Russians is retrospectively hilarious.

Our noble Mujahideen Brothers.  That aged well.

Also what the heck is up with the music during the end credits? It's like from some soppy Disney movies.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Our noble Mujahideen Brothers.  That aged well.

Also what the heck is up with the music during the end credits? It's like from some soppy Disney movies.

It’s Frank Stallone man, singing about all those men and women who give and gave their liberties up for the honour to protect the US of A, God bless America. You need to play I am a real American by Hulk Hogan afterwards to complete the journey

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 2

Â