The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

16 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Different but love Roadhouse....... bit I aint got 20 bucks😂😂😂

Classic!! Kelly Lynch was FAF back then, looking ropey these days though.

EDIT: Still would though.

Edited by stuart_75

18 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yes, Hunt for Red October too.

Different but love Roadhouse....... bit I aint got 20 bucks😂😂😂

How could I forget Robocop around the same time

tenor.gif

• Like 1

DC 'Fandome' (...sigh) event this weekend has seen a bunch of trailers. The most notable of which is.. 

I'm still not 100% sold but it looks better than I expected. The suit definitely benefits from, ahem, cinematic lighting.

• Like 2

Wonder Woman 1984

Looks... decent. Concerns are, well, bringing Steve Trevor back is just silly, even if Pine is great, and Cheetah is a... bad villain, who looks appalling in the brief glimpse here. Wiig will no doubt be decent but she's playing with an exceedingly bad hand.

And some teasers...

Suicide Squad is just James Gunn doing GotG again. Looks decent if also overly stupid - he's gone for the real dregs of characters and the obviously silly ones, Polka Dot Man is just a head shaker. But it's got King Shark so some things are looking up, and Gunn can do this in his sleep.

You can't really say anything about Black Adam, it's obviously still in the concept stages.

Edited by Chindie

Interested in the darker more realistic riddler and I think they've at least cast it really well but the DC stuff is pretty shit, I'm in no rush to see any of it

Expect there to be some forced manufactured controversy over the eye make up 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Interested in the darker more realistic riddler and I think they've at least cast it really well but the DC stuff is pretty shit, I'm in no rush to see any of it

Expect there to be some forced manufactured controversy over the eye make up 

There's more than some nods towards Hush, which is an... interesting way to take the Riddler.

The cast and director is what is carrying this. The cast is excellent, Dano is bang on for Nigma, Wright will be a fantastic Gordon, and while Pattinson wouldn't be my first choice for Batman (I prefer a bulkier look for Batman) he's a good shout for a younger Bruce at the start of his career.

I am a little concerned about a lot of the art design still. The suit is... Ok. The idea seems to be that he's basically cobbled together a suit, which is fine, but it looks a bit shit in some aspects. I'm also still hoping against hope that they've not gone down the 'the bat symbol made from the gun that killed his parents' route because that idea has always been shit. And the Batmobile style has never been my favourite - I always favour the bespoke car to the modified road car look (even if, again, it makes sense for a 'year one' style Batman to have more of a cobbled together vehicle if he's to have a car at all). 

5 hours ago, Chindie said:

DC 'Fandome' (...sigh) event this weekend has seen a bunch of trailers. The most notable of which is.. 

I'm still not 100% sold but it looks better than I expected. The suit definitely benefits from, ahem, cinematic lighting.

Is there anything decent in the Marvel Universe coming up or have they doomed to mediocrity now the Avengers trilogy is over. Loads left in the comics I used to love but not sure how they cross over into the marvel cinema regime 

12 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Is there anything decent in the Marvel Universe coming up or have they doomed to mediocrity now the Avengers trilogy is over. Loads left in the comics I used to love but not sure how they cross over into the marvel cinema regime 

Confirmed upcoming MCU films

Black Widow (delayed due to pandemic)

The Eternals (delayed due to pandemic)

Shang-chi and the Legend of the 10 Rings

Unnamed Spider-Man sequel

Thor: Love and Thunder

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

They're also working on a Captain Marvel sequel and a Black Panther sequel, and some Disney+ TV shows.

But we have a topic for this...

Zombieland Double tap last night

Not one for the film purists but  the ZL series is currently one film away from being the greatest trilogy ever made  ( Assuming Garfield 3  never gets made)

Great film , lots of genuine LOL moments that would stand up to repeat viewing

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Confirmed upcoming MCU films

Black Widow (delayed due to pandemic)

The Eternals (delayed due to pandemic)

Shang-chi and the Legend of the 10 Rings

Unnamed Spider-Man sequel

Thor: Love and Thunder

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

They're also working on a Captain Marvel sequel and a Black Panther sequel, and some Disney+ TV shows.

But we have a topic for this...

Very sorry I just read it on the hop and asked the question but thanks for the response 

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Zombieland Double tap last night

Not one for the film purists but  the ZL series is currently one film away from being the greatest trilogy ever made  ( Assuming Garfield 3  never gets made)

Great film , lots of genuine LOL moments that would stand up to repeat viewing

Let’s hope they do not leave as much as the gap between the first and the second

Â