The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

1 hour ago, jon_c said:

Worst movies ever, Can't Stop the Music: Village People the Movie. Trust Me. 

Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner was trying to tell us even back then.

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Not sure what my worst film is but I once watched The Postman at New St Odeon... and sat through all 3 hours of it. 

i'm glad I've recovered from that period of my life.... I was consuming a lot of sherbert dib dabs and drinking a lot of Smirnoff Mule. Bad times. 

ARE YOU KIDDING? 

That movie contains THE best scene in cinema history, you heathen:

5 hours ago, jon_c said:

Worst movies ever, Can't Stop the Music: Village People the Movie. Trust Me. 

I saw that not long ago. Yes, it was turd, but so turd, it was like an airplane/ train collision that you couldn't look away. Steve Guttenberg should never have been trusted in another film after that.

8 hours ago, AJ said:

I saw that not long ago. Yes, it was turd, but so turd, it was like an airplane/ train collision that you couldn't look away. Steve Guttenberg should never have been trusted in another film after that.

If I recall, it's the naked YMCA shower scene which really helped me look away. 

Not sure it is the worst but it definitely wasn't good. In 1996 i ended up watching Steven Segals 'The Glimmer Man' at a cinema in Madrid in Spanish. Not sure if my grasp of Spanish being just about acceptable(ish) at the time made it any better or worse.

Worst movies ever?

Not a definitive list, but (of the ones I've seen obvs) I'd go for

Spiderman 3
Eight Legged Freaks
Dumb and Dumber To
Movie 43
Daredevil
Epic Movie

All utter garbage

Any 'worst of' list I can give you will be of ones I've watched, which automatically makes them better than ones I've had to switch off.  Dumb and Dumber To is one I had to switch off.

Yes, as is often mentioned here - Spiderman 3 takes it for worst one I've watched. There are untold numbers of films I won't watch because I know I'll hate them so the awful sandler efforts etc, and michael bay efforts are avoided, but equally I can't add them to such a list, not that I could do such a large one as I ain't that negative. 

Suckerpunch is the only movie I've gone to the cinema and completely lost interest in 50% through and started looking at my phone to keep me interested.

49 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Manos The Hands Of Fate.

An endless series of utterly incomprehensible nonsense. If you can get through it in one sitting I am impressed.

Definitely the worst movie I've ever seen, especially from a technical point of view - even worse than Plan 9 From Outer Space - but to be fair it was made as a passion project by rank amateurs so I can't dislike it like I do many Hollywood efforts. 

Worst-made: Manos

Least Amusing: Big Momma's House

Most Punchably Smug: The Edukators

Most Boring Yet Hateful: John Wick

I'm sure others will come back to me. 

Even though i'm very careful with what I watch (a bit of research has saved me countless hours of shite) I still like to watch the odd bad movie here and there just to have a bit of a comparison. 

I've seen some intolerable crap down the years, certainly way too many to list, but over the last couple of years The Room (not to be mistaken for the superb Room) really stands out in terms of utter unrelenting ineptitude. A friend of mine recommended I should watch it as a reminder that sometimes even the most ludicrous shit can somehow squeeze it's way into the public gaze.

It was almost as bad as Little Man. Almost.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Even though i'm very careful with what I watch (a bit of research has saved me countless hours of shite) I still like to watch the odd bad movie here and there just to have a bit of a comparison. 

I've seen some intolerable crap down the years, certainly way too many to list, but over the last couple of years The Room (not to be mistaken for the superb Room) really stands out in terms of utter unrelenting ineptitude. A friend of mine recommended I should watch it as a reminder that sometimes even the most ludicrous shit can somehow squeeze it's way into the public gaze.

It was almost as bad as Little Man. Almost.

You *watched* .. *The Room*?

I've seen The Room too. Well, some of it, I don't think I made it all the way through.

Films like that and, say, Troll 2, I almost don't count. It's like they're almost too shit to really be considered a proper film.

Â