The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

On 21/04/2017 at 13:16, pooligan said:

Napoleon Dynamite  (2004)

Not a memorable film if i am honest .I cant imagine watching it a second time 

:crylaugh:Vote for Pedro! 

• Like 4

Just seen the Ben Hur remake , it was worth it just to see Morgan Freeman, sporting dreadlocks. I thought it was Billy Ocean at first glance .

Incidentally, that chariot race isn't as good as in the original ,even with the aid of course. 

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

yes his best yet imo. Reminded me a bit of cathy comes home. 

Good film but he's done way better work with far less broadly written characters. 

I watched Ladybird, ladybird but couldn't connect with the woman as reminded me too much of my ex. wife. Terrible traumatic having your kids taken off you but with all the cases of abuse and neglect now you can understand the social services viewpoint. With Daniel Blake its total empath. heres a very nice kind man, who has a major heart attack and cant work but is also inelegible for esa., Very moving film. 

Watched The Secret Life of Walter Mitty earlier. Really enjoyed it. Good things seem to happen when comedic actors turn to more dramatic roles with more subtle humour.

Stiller's performance is good and he also directed so he gets double praise. Reminded me very much of Will Ferrell in Stranger Than Fiction which is another good little film.

The Benjamin Button bit is hilarious.

• Like 1

Guardians 2 reviews are out. Consensus is generally that it's very good, but isn't quite as good as the first and everyone mentions some tonal issues. But also that it's very funny, very pretty, and surprisingly emotional. And there doesn't seem to be much agreement on who steals the movie which is a good sign.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Guardians 2 reviews are out. Consensus is generally that it's very good, but isn't quite as good as the first and everyone mentions some tonal issues. But also that it's very funny, very pretty, and surprisingly emotional. And there doesn't seem to be much agreement on who steals the movie which is a good sign.

Can't wait! Booking IMAX in Rubery for Saturday night

• Like 1

Â