The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 21:29, Ginko said:

Watched The Secret Life of Walter Mitty earlier. Really enjoyed it. Good things seem to happen when comedic actors turn to more dramatic roles with more subtle humour.

Stiller's performance is good and he also directed so he gets double praise. Reminded me very much of Will Ferrell in Stranger Than Fiction which is another good little film.

The Benjamin Button bit is hilarious.

for the shark scene alone the film deserves a 0 score

but remove that , and I agree it 's quite an enjoyable film   ...

also agree about Stranger than Fiction , think that was my introduction to Maggie Gyllenhaal who has never looked cuter than in that film

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

also agree about Stranger than Fiction , think that was my introduction to Maggie Gyllenhaal who has never looked cuter than in that film

I wish I could get an introduction to Maggie Gyllenhaal.

We talked about knowledge blind spots a while back, where you wonder how TF you didn't know something 'til now.  Am I the only person on the planet that didn't know Anchorman's Christina Applegate was Kelly Bundy in Married with Children?  I am?  Yeah I thought so :bang: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BOF said:

We talked about knowledge blind spots a while back, where you wonder how TF you didn't know something 'til now.  Am I the only person on the planet that didn't know Anchorman's Christina Applegate was Kelly Bundy in Married with Children?  I am?  Yeah I thought so :bang: 

Since I don't even know what Married with Children is I reckon you're safe. 

57 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Since I don't even know what Married with Children is I reckon you're safe. 

I expected better from you mate!

tumblr_n2npnhabUc1r44j84o1_500.gif

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Her mom in the show does the voice of Leela in Futurama .

29 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

And is the matriarch in sons of anarchy (and married to the creator kurt sutter, who also played Otto)

And was John Locke's love interest in Lost

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Her mom in the show does the voice of Leela in Futurama .

I did know that.

and the Lost thing.

It's just Kelly who went off my radar.

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

I did know that.

and the Lost thing.

It's just Kelly who went off my radar.

Fair do's . 

Did you know that Al Bundy is also Jay Pritchett in Modern Family . Hardly anybody knows that .

• Like 1

On 24/04/2017 at 13:08, Chindie said:

Guardians 2 reviews are out. Consensus is generally that it's very good, but isn't quite as good as the first and everyone mentions some tonal issues. But also that it's very funny, very pretty, and surprisingly emotional. And there doesn't seem to be much agreement on who steals the movie which is a good sign.

If it's half as good as the first, it'll still be better than most films currently out! 

First one is ace, 2 hours of pure joy. It was like being a kid in the 80's again. 

• Like 1

Â