The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

"Oh my Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood"

Fifty Shades of Grey, had to watch it at home once it was released on blu ray, etc. with the girly, as I had already refused to go with her to see it at the cinema. It is really bad, and I can't remember a worse film I have watched the whole of, with zero redeeming features. For a story based almost purely on sex, it is unrelentingly unsexy, which is surely the most damning things about it.

I'd be more interested in a "Films that are generally rated but which I thought were shit" list.  Stuff like Schindler's List and Inglorious Basterds, just, y'know, as a random example :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'd be more interested in a "Films that are generally rated but which I thought were shit" list.  Stuff like Schindler's List and Inglorious Basterds, just, y'know, as a random example :ph34r:

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, BOF said:

How about every Spielberg film after ET?

Just to change trajectory a bit, films I have watched a numerous times which I wouldn't complain watching again. Lock Stock, Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back, Leon: the Professional, original Dawn of the Dead, Mad Max 2, and My Neighbour Tottoro.

• Like 2

Just now, AJ said:

Just to change trajectory a bit, films I have watched a numerous times which I wouldn't complain watching again. Lock Stock, Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back, Leon: the Professional, original Dawn of the Dead, Mad Max 2, and My Neighbour Tottoro.

picgifs-not-bad-agreement-1362241.gif

Films I willl always watch if they're on?

The Green Mile.  Shawshank Redemption. Men in Black 3 (come at me bro'). Star Trek : Nemesis.  The Dark Knight.  12 Angry Men (though it's rarely on). 

The 'will always watch it' list kinda has to be 'lighter' entertainment compared to a favourites list.  Some favourites you need to be in the mood for.  Dunno about you but I can't just sit down and get into something like There Will Be Blood.  It's a masterpiece 'n all, but it's not a casual watch.

• Like 1

Films I sometimes feel like watching, but sometimes I don't, might stick on for the first 15 minutes then go to sleep anyway

Akira

Trois Couleur Bleu

All About Lily Chou Chou

Titanic

Benjamin Button

Film I've watched most is probably The Goonies, followed by the original Star Wars trilogy, Aliens and Predator. 

I blame my early childhood, Dad let us watch Goonies nearly every Saturday afternoon with banana sarnies and chocolate nesquick while mom was at work.

Thanks to him, me and my brother had seen Aliens, Pradator and Die Hard multiple times by age 8-10, I remember me and my brother telling mom that dad had let us watch RoboCop for the first time as little kids and we described when the guy is melting from the toxic waste. She went **** ballistic at him in the middle of Granada where she worked in Northfield  :crylaugh:

I thank my dad for my film tastes due to his influence in my early years :D

Edited by Ingram85

15 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Thanks to him, me and my brother had seen Aliens, Pradator and Die Hard multiple times by age 8-10, I remember me and my brother telling mom that dad had let us watch RoboCop for the first time as little kids and we described when the guy is melting from the toxic waste. She went **** ballistic at him in the middle of Granada where she worked in Northfield  :crylaugh:

Think i've mentioned this before, but the first movie I watched on a video recorder was The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It was around my uncles house with my mom and dad, on an old Betamax toploader.

I was 7.

No wonder i'm so **** :D

Films I've seen the most often are probably the Back to the Future trilogy, Die Hard, Dumb & Dumber, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Wayne's World 1 & 2. A lot of these are down to repeat viewings in my younger years.

Films I'll watch regardless of how far along it's been on for include -

Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid

Master & Commander : the far side of the World

The Bridge on the River Kwai

Rear Window

The Towering Inferno

The Third Man

And, as prompted @BOF, I've found myself watching the first scene only of Inglorious Basterds before switching over.

There's probably loads of others but off the top of my head, they're the films I can happily jump into, comfy old slippers style.

i'll watch Close Encounters of the Third Kind every time it's on the TV, Apocalypse Now I've seen maybe thirty times and always get dragged into, Jaws is another one (Spielberg was good for a moment in the mid seventies) I seem to always get drawn into 500 Days of Summer too - big softie me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Yes so many films I think are overated

I love the director 'Alejandro González Iñárritu' but he wins an Oscar for probably his worst film 'The Revenant'. Another is Drive. 

Â