Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

43 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Arblaster is captaining Sheff Utd tonight at the age of 19, we were linked a few weeks back.

Could be one of the midfield options Percy referenced…

I heard that he might be one of the players the police picked up last weekend

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Arblaster is captaining Sheff Utd tonight at the age of 19, we were linked a few weeks back.

Bruno Fernandes should be playing for a CL team.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Enda said:

Bruno Fernandes should be playing for a CL team.

Great player, shit attitude. Couldn't see his ego blending with the current team love-in.

13 hours ago, Leeroy said:

absolutely no foundation or ITK to this - but I had a vision that we sign Marco Asensio in summer on loan from PSG...............

• Like 1

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

the third and probably best reason is that I don’t care who we sign any more. I no longer know better than the manager, and I have total faith that Emery and Monchi will find us the players to make us even better. 

Feels weird but it’s kind of relaxing to know it’s all in hand. 

Agreed. 

Moreno - £13m - great

Pau - £27m - great

Diaby - £40m - jury’s out but shown potential to be great

Rogers - £8m+ - early days but great so far.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, burchy said:

Everyone is raving about Yoro as a CB but I like the look of ZeZe at Nantes. Left footed and only 18, one for the future perhaps?

Medina would also be a decent shout at LB/CBL too. 

Mentioned Medina a few years back and he's since played CL for Lens and played very well v Arsenal in a back 3 in the home game.

Don't think he's played much for Argentina so could get him for a decent price.

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Agreed. 

Moreno - £13m - great

Pau - £27m - great

I'm not even sure it matters who we sign because Emery seems to be able to develop every player we have into a world beater.

Even he couldn't work his magic on Sanson though!😜

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I think the key signing that we need is a defensive central midfielder that can cover/rotate with Kamara, unless UE thinks Big Tim is capable of taking that slot?

Ndidi on a free - reuniting with Tielemans - has been mentioned a lot but I haven't seen him at all this season. Anybody watched much of Leicester and have a view as to whether he could still do a job as back up for a top end PL team?

4 hours ago, MSvillain said:

I didn’t watch him, but this kind of signings are probably the best we do. I don’t think many will be prepared to spend to get him, his wages would be reasonable. If he success then we have done really well, if he failed he’ll not be harder to ship than some if the old players. 

Some say only certain criteria can improve us, while I agree, but only if it includes young players with potential. Rogers for example, turning to be one of the most exciting players in the league lately. Ramsey raised his profile as well. 

We got McGinn while we were in Championship (yet we miss him when we’re challenging for top 4. Luiz and Konsa were signed but a team fighting for relegation. 

It’s a squad game, let’s get more of:

Konsa, Luiz, McGinn, Rogers and the likes of Martinez. 
Then have a look at some free signings wether like Kamara or even Youri. 

The good thing, is that we have a good squad which should help young/new players. While not having to throw them and force them find their way which might affect the team (apart from Rogers who benefited him).

6 hours ago, ender4 said:

Agreed. 

Moreno - £13m - great

Pau - £27m - great

Plus Tielemans, what a signing he’s been. 

The two loanees as well, Lenglet has been great for us, fits perfectly with our style and is as good as you can get for a fourth choice CB. And Zaniolo has been decent at times, well worth us having a look at him on loan. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tubby said:

Great player, shit attitude. Couldn't see his ego blending with the current team love-in.

Strange as he is a clearing in the woods on the pitch but he usually sounds reasonable in interviews(though can also feel his anger towards his teammates 😂)

He would be like having an outfield Emi but is no chance we going for him

8 hours ago, ender4 said:

Agreed. 

Moreno - £13m - great

Pau - £27m - great

Was Diaby not nearer 50?

2 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

Maybe going back in for Dani Ceballos? And I would like to keep Zaniolo

Like that idea. I think getting an experienced head in makes sense, especially for a relateively lower fee. Lo Celso is another one, he'll definitely be leaving Spurs this summer.

Take a look at the BBC transfer rumour page - only mentions us when saying Dougie might be off to Arse.

It';s all Man Ure, Chelsea, Arse, Liverpool, Man Ure, Chelsea, Newcastle, Spuds, Man Ure etc etc ad nauseum.

I prefer it when we don't get mentioned as it shows these clowns know nothing about how we do our business.

Ins

Pavlidis ST/SS, Geertruida DM/CB/RB, Frimpong RWB, Gutierrez LB, Veerman CM, Hermoso CB/LB

Outs

Digne, Cash, Coutinho, Sanson, Dendonker, Chambers, Hause, Lenglet, Zaniolo

5 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Was Diaby not nearer 50?

Was 34.6 Million initially, rising to 44 per ornstein who is by far the msot reliable reporter on the actual details of the deals. 

Moussa Diaby in a deal worth around €40m (£34.6m) plus add-ons.

https://theathletic.com/4707121/2023/07/20/moussa-diaby-aston-villa-agree-deal?source=user-shared-article

I suspect the figure bandied about by sky, is euros and inclusive of add ons. As 44 million quid is 51 million euros. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Thanks 1

Â