Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

Great players as they are, we’ve proven with Rogers you don’t need to pay top dollar for top players. Think I’d prefer Rowe who could be as good potentially for less than a 3rd of the price of Olise & Eze. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Great players as they are, we’ve proven with Rogers you don’t need to pay top dollar for top players. Think I’d prefer Rowe who could be as good potentially for less than a 3rd of the price of Olise & Eze. 

Yeah that’s why we’ve got Monchi and the team in, we won’t be spending £60m+ in Eze, it’ll be obscure Spanish youth players who are £8m and are the next Iniesta 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, useless said:

Olise is already top four level, we'd be lucky to get him, will probably end up at Manchester City or PSG. He will beyond a shadow of doubt move to a Champions League side, the only possible exceptions are Newcastle or Chelsea if either one throws big money at the situation, his younger brother is in Chelsea academy, but wih Palmer, Hutchinson, and Madueke, not sure they need him, then again could say the same about us with Bailey and Diaby, Eze would probably more suit our needs but again, but would be very strong competition for his signature.

Not sure Need is a word which gets mentioned much in Chelsea transfer discussions. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’d hope Villa will never be a club that pays £100m (or the inflation equivalent in the future) on a player, despite how big we ever get. 

No way we can think like that. If we are in champions league for a couple of seasons and really challenging, we would be spending that much. 

27 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

No way we can think like that. If we are in champions league for a couple of seasons and really challenging, we would be spending that much. 

No, we wouldn't.

10 minutes ago, paul514 said:

No, we wouldn't.

We have already spent nearly £50m on a player and we weren’t in Champions League. Football player prices are rising, I’m not saying immediately, but in a few years time we would have to spend £100m on a player. 

Edited by mikeyp102

I feel sorry for Palace fans. They finally land what looks like a pretty savvy and progressive manager, but their dynamic attacking duo already have one foot out the door. Hopefully they can get a decent haul in return and find suitable replacements.

• Like 2

Just now, maqroll said:

I feel sorry for Palace fans. They finally land what looks like a pretty savvy and progressive manager, but their dynamic attacking duo already have one foot out the door. Hopefully they can get a decent haul in return and find suitable replacements.

Vieira was a huge misstep, they put a load of good stuff in place (guehi too as well as then Ferguson, mitchell) they have a good academy and then **** it with the manager 

They're also another team that desperately need a striker, they can't scout one for shit, finally picked up an exciting talent in franca and he isn't ready 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Vieira was a huge misstep, they put a load of good stuff in place (guehi too as well as then Ferguson, mitchell) they have a good academy and then **** it with the manager 

They're also another team that desperately need a striker, they can't scout one for shit, finally picked up an exciting talent in franca and he isn't ready 

Mateta has 11 goals in 2024 same as Ollie and think more than Palmer

• Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

Defence does not necessarily need a huge shake up imo, we only really need to concentrate on the RB position where Cash has not shown the consistency and quality required for what is to come for us as a club, we then require a LW/LF (Ideally a Nico Williams) Ramsey and Rogers not going to be sufficient quality enough to be starting against what potentially could be champions league opposition regularly.

We may well sign a new CM/DM and a backup forward for Watkins. Bailey and Diaby are excellent options on the right side so see no issues there. 

• Like 1

On 25/04/2024 at 13:12, burchy said:

Ins

Pavlidis ST/SS, Geertruida DM/CB/RB, Frimpong RWB, Gutierrez LB, Veerman CM, Hermoso CB/LB

Outs

Digne, Cash, Coutinho, Sanson, Dendonker, Chambers, Hause, Lenglet, Zaniolo

Like this list btw 

But our main areas we need to purchase new signings for are simply RB and LW/LF. 

Kosta is nowhere ready to be a starter but one for the future, hopefully we can improve our FFP position by selling Coutinho and Digne (who has been fantastic this season btw) it is possible that Ramsey is moved on but nothing concrete. 

After much consideration I really don't care who we sell or buy. This genius of a manager has shown he knows exactly what he is doing and improves players ten fold at a minimum.

I've never been so content as a Villa supporter in trusting one man in my life.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Fairly sure Palace fans think Olise is the better player. 

I think Olise’s ceiling is probably higher but right now (IMO) Eze is the better player. 

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

This was more a unique one though. I doubt we would have any add ons if there was a mandatory buyback for us in the deal. So I suspect this was a simple they paid us x and we buy back for his remaining book value if they're relegated. So it's basically a kind of Loan which helps us with FFP 

Yes. However, as it was reported at the time, it was basically sold for a reported 18 million, with two clauses saying "if they stay up, then we have an option to buy him back for a bigger sum than he was sold for" and also "if they go down, we have an obligation to buy him back for a figure less than we sold him for". 

What we don't know is what the actual figures are, or what further clauses and so on there might be that will not be actioned because they're going down, not staying up - for example it's common for "if he gets capped for England" or "if he scores 20 goals in a season" or whatever. Add ons, basically.

Anyway, it seems certain he's coming back here at the end of the season. What happens after then, who knows. Unai clearly wanted to keep him under our control, though, so maybe he'll be part of next season's squad.

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

We have already spent nearly £50m on a player and we weren’t in Champions League. Football player prices are rising, I’m not saying immediately, but in a few years time we would have to spend £100m on a player. 

apparently it was 40 but seriously not a chance, we don't get anywhere near the required revenue

I can’t recall ever seeing him play but what do people think of Tosin on a free? He’s all but gone from Fulham and might be a smart pick up to compete with Konsa if Carlos leaves? 

Feel free to tell me he’s rubbish! 

Â