Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

4 hours ago, the_sun_never_sets said:

Who would we sell / let go to free up space in the squad? 

Chambers, Olsen, Donk, Cash (replace), Lenglet (replace), Kesler maybe (though ive always liked him)

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Digne, Olsen, Lenglet, Hause, Chambers, Donk, Zaniolo, Sanson, Coutinho.

maybe Cash.

Yep, Zaniolo and Lenglet loans end and we won't buy them. 

Sanson contract expires this summer?

Hause, Chambers, Dendoncker, Coutinho all not wanted, but we may struggle to move on.

Olsen if our new young goalkeeper is ready to become Emi's back-up. 

I think we'll keep Cash as a squaddie but buy a new first choice RB.

Digne probably gone just because he's too expensive.

We'll keep Kesler, he's young and cheap and has potential to break through next season.

18 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Hause, Chambers, Dendoncker, Coutinho all not wanted, but we may struggle to move on.

We'll keep Kesler, he's young and cheap and has potential to break through next season.

Sanson's contract doesnt expire, but he has a 5m mandatory buy if he has X appearances, not sure if he reached it or not, or if they plan to buy him anyways.

i have seen some interviews with Sanson about him wanting to stay there, or was it a news report, cant remember.

We're also getting Archer back, as we have an obligation to buy him for £9m if Sheffield United are relegated, effectively meaning it was a loan move.

15 hours ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Away at Lille it became clear to me, that neither SJM or Dougie have the experience to control games in a high stakes european match with a hostile atmosphere.

Sample size is far too small to say this with any certainty. McGinn has played in higher stakes game for country, and Luiz has played in a few big ones as well. I'll back them to come good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

We're also getting Archer back, as we have an obligation to buy him for £9m if Sheffield United are relegated, effectively meaning it was a loan move.

Only £9m? That's not so bad 

I think overall the recruitment at the club has been excellent. I am confident we'll make the right signings this summer and with players returning from injury too and some young players progressing we are in a good place

• Like 2

6 hours ago, useless said:

His value shot right down. 

Martinez/Olsen

Cash/Kosta Konsa/Carlos Torres/Mings Dinge/Moreno

Kamara/? 
McGinn/Luiz/Youri

Diaby/Bailey Rogers/Ramsey/Buendia

Watkins/Duran

Those are probably the main players we’ll have, then you got: Tim, Archer and whoever from the kids. 

For me, it might need another a left defender who can do what Torres does (I’d like to find someone like Konsa when we got him). 
Then a DM who plays good football, won’t be easy to find. But here we need a starter as Kamara won’t be back anytime soon.

I think those are the main two signings. Then you’ve got a right back to upgrade on Cash, or a left if we’re looking at selling Dinge.

I won’t be very keen on getting if Watkins and Duran were fit, but if Archer wasn’t sold I might keep him until winter if needed. 
I think with Ramsey and Buendia back while having Rogers, I’m not sure if getting a right winger would be particularly good thing. However Emery knows who’ll add to the system. 

13 hours ago, useless said:

If we're buying a new right-back I doubt we will keep Kesler, even if Cash is sold, because we will have new first choice right-back plus Kosta Nedeljković, which is enough as it is, and in addition to those we have Triston Rowe who is one of the most highly rated and consistent performers in our academy, he will probably take Kesler's place as the youth option in the squad. But Kesler still got good potential so we should definitely put buy-back option in any sale

There is almost zero chance Nedeljković will be our right back next season. We need to spend there.

14 hours ago, useless said:

I might be wrong but I read that Sheffield payed £21m for him… so that’s a tidy profit,  even if it’s £9m we’d rather not spend?

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I might be wrong but I read that Sheffield payed £21m for him… so that’s a tidy profit,  even if it’s £9m we’d rather not spend?

The deal was something like 10 mil up front and another 10 mil only if Sheffield survive. If they don’t then Villa don’t get the other money and are obliged to buy him back for, say 8 mil. So, essentially, it’s been a 2 mil loan. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ender4 said:

Sanson buy option probably triggered. He's done well in Nice

Hause will be a loan, Chambers hopefully can find a club. Dendonker is difficult now he's played no football in Naopli. Coutinho will be a loan again probably. I think Olsen will stay as we need 3 keepers. Digne might go but we'd need to replace unless we are planning to play Pau often at LB with Mings and Konsa 

Hard to know as Emery will have another tactical evolution to come 

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

There is almost zero chance Nedeljković will be our right back next season. We need to spend there.

I think if we sign a new RB Cash will be sold. 

8 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

The deal was something like 10 mil up front and another 10 mil only if Sheffield survive. If they don’t then Villa don’t get the other money and are obliged to buy him back for, say 8 mil. So, essentially, it’s been a 2 mil loan. 

Ah fair enough. Like you say, it’s a glorified loan, which was clever by the club to protect our asset and clever by Cameron to protect him too 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Agreed. A starting right back allows the young lad to be back up but if said new RB gets injured, we just push Konsa over. 

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Cash's stock should be relatively high after us having two good seasons.  Should find a buyer for him if we are looking to sell.

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Cash's stock should be relatively high after us having two good seasons.  Should find a buyer for him if we are looking to sell.

Stinks of a West Ham signing (if they keep Moyes), Palace, Forest, Bournemouth, even Wolves. He would likely improve all and he wouldn't cost a fortune...£15m-20m?
I think we'll be in the market for two new fullbacks this Summer and I'll be surprised if Digne and Cash are here in August. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Stinks of a West Ham signing (if they keep Moyes), Palace, Forest, Bournemouth, even Wolves. He would likely improve all and he wouldn't cost a fortune...£15m-20m?
I think we'll be in the market for two new fullbacks this Summer and I'll be surprised if Digne and Cash are here in August. 

Think Moyes is a goner, Spam are looking at Amorim, but could see him at any of those clubs though. 

And agree regarding both full backs, as good as Digne has been I think LB and RB will be upgraded in summer.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, useless said:

We are assuming Archer comes back because of the obligation to buy but Wilder might think Archer is perfect for what they need in the Championship and may want to keep him if a deal could be agreed or extension of the current deal with slight amendments.  Just because his limited use in PL, he could be perfect for what they want in the Championship.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We are assuming Archer comes back because of the obligation to buy but Wilder might think Archer is perfect for what they need in the Championship and may want to keep him if a deal could be agreed or extension of the current deal with slight amendments.  Just because his limited use in PL, he could be perfect for what they want in the Championship.

Archer is the new Dwight Gayle. Great in the championship but not good enough for the PL

• Like 3

Â