Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

31 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Let's start on a negative. Who being sold? Luiz, Martinez, Kamara? Got to comply to FFP...unless your a sky 6 team of course.

No-one that Emery sees as being important in the next 3-5 years (unless we / they get an insanely big offer from a team that expects to get to the CL final).  

We've got the advantage of having lots of areas where our current levels of revenue are poor (main shirt sponsors, etc) where we can only improve our revenues.  We're in a good position to secure a number of extra home games each season and increased prize funds through Europe - that again would be additional revenues compared to previous seasons.  We probably haven't baked those into our budgets either (unlike the Sky 6 teams who will almost certainly have based their budgets on long runs in either the CL or Europa Leagues).  All of these suggest that our revenues as a percentage of what they currently are should be increasing for next year - which will not be the case for a lot of other teams around us.  I think this means that we'll be less under FFP pressure than others.  I also think Emery / Monchi have history in terms of finding value in the transfer market - so I don't think we'll be looking to sell £30m players so we can sign someone for £80m.  We've got a relatively young squad (at least in terms of the core of the team) and so we don't need to replace lots of players) and we've got the likes of Ramsey, Buendia, hopefully Mings coming back having missed most / all of the season or in Jacob's case having a very stop / start season to date.  So we can probably do excellent business without a huge transfer kitty - again reducing the pressure to sell one player to strengthen two or three positions.

Of course I expect a lot of our players to be of interest to several clubs - but I don't think we will feel compelled to sell.

I am in an extremely positive and optimistic mood. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Let's start on a negative. Who being sold? Luiz, Martinez, Kamara? Got to comply to FFP...unless your a sky 6 team of course.

Chelsea and Man City will get what’s coming to them. 

• Like 2

We need a righ… huh… ok a new backup goalkee… huh. Ok, they changed the narrative!

Impossible to think too much now when we might have CL or might miss Europe completely, but my guess is one or two new signings per window from here unless we are replacing big departures.

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Chelsea need to make £100m in sales before June unless some of main outlets are wrong. This conspiratorial idea that Chelsea and Man City are protected is nonsense. With City it's a matter of PL being able to prove the charges or look foolish if they can't.

Edited by Kiwivillan

21 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Chelsea need to make £100m in sales before June unless some of main outlets are wrong. This conspiratorial idea that Chelsea and Man City are protected is nonsense. With City it's a matter of PL being able to prove the charges or look foolish if they can't.

Right.  So they sell backups to Saudi clubs with ease. Which is allowed,  by the PL and other bodies. 

• Like 1

Just having a play around with what we "could" do in the summer.

I am assuming we might sell one of our key assets for big money as per reports, i have chosen Luiz as an indicator, but tbh it could as easily be another key player, its just for illustration.

Selling, releasing or loaning out the list of players in the right would free up 825k ish per week, or roughly 43m per year, plus any transfer fees, allowing us to invest in 4 players (CB/RB/CM/Striker), at least?

With the saved salaries p/w, and some good transfer income, we could probably go really big on a couple of signings, as well as get a couple of younger, development type players, going to be an interesting summer i reckon.

Just thinking out loud ofc.

note: some players arent in exact positions, but you get the point im sure.

edit: add Donk to the sell side, so 90k p/w, taking weekly salary savings to 915k, and yearly salary savings to 47.5m........(thats nuts tbh)

image.png.264c6fbc06254c73f4d7a60cf15b3874.png

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Just having a play around with what we "could" do in the summer.

I am assuming we might sell one of our key assets for big money as per reports, i have chosen Luiz as an indicator, but tbh it could as easily be another key player, its just for illustration.

Selling, releasing or loaning out the list of players in the right would free up 825k ish per week, or roughly 43m per year, plus any transfer fees, allowing us to invest in 4 players (CB/RB/CM/Striker), at least?

With the saved salaries p/w, and some good transfer income, we could probably go really big on a couple of signings, as well as get a couple of younger, development type players, going to be an interesting summer i reckon.

Just thinking out loud ofc.

note: some players arent in exact positions, but you get the point im sure.

edit: add Donk to the sell side, so 90k p/w, taking weekly salary savings to 915k, and yearly salary savings to 47.5m........(thats nuts tbh)

image.png.264c6fbc06254c73f4d7a60cf15b3874.png

Love it when the spreadsheets come! This shit just got serious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Considering we have thrown our champions league place away and finished sixth, I say major overhaul, flog McGin for FFP, Luiz too, and rebuild ala Monchi. However if we qualify for champions league then  let's keep capitano fantastique and the exotic Luiz and sign Frimpong and others.

• Like 1

Digne, Olsen, maybe Cash very likely to leave. Zaniolo goes back. 

Archer to be bought back, maybe A Ramsey too. 

Hopefully Tim I will have shown something in some appearances to be part of the squad. 

11 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think that's just the latest way of clubs trying to control expectations and sound like they've got no money while cumulatively they spend several billion

Crystal Ball... 

Mings and buendia will be back

Sell olsen, release hause, cash in on oreilly with a buy back clause, timbo I don't think qualifies for this pure FFP profit nonsense so he'll stay, chambers goes for about £2m

We buy 3 academy players, at least 1 from West Brom and 1 from a V sports club

We chase a RB all summer but don't get one 

We sign someone from salzburg 

We get big signing in CM, more of an 8 than a 6 but can cover Luiz, he'll be French, bit like diaby someone with a couple of caps and flirts with call ups, it won't be guendouzi whatever his name is, maybe thuram but I think he would be too like Luiz in that he'd more cover dropping deep than pushing forward  (?) 

Last one not a transfer... We have a pre season game in Japan... 

• Like 1

Depends on what tournament we're in first of all. If it's Champions League or Europa League.

I think we'll sell Dendonker, Sanson, Chambers, KKH, Digne, Cash and Olsen. That will generate some decent income and lower wage bill. 

We'll bring in a RB ala Frimpong another CDM and a right footed forward/winger. We could possibly buy Philogene if he continues to have a stellar time at Hull. 

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

We get big signing in CM, more of an 8 than a 6 but can cover Luiz, he'll be French, bit like diaby someone with a couple of caps and flirts with call ups, it won't be guendouzi whatever his name is, maybe thuram but I think he would be too like Luiz in that he'd more cover dropping deep than pushing forward  (?) 

This will be incredibly prescient when all that alleged Neuhaus smoke transpires to have  been tentative Koné enquiries. 😬

Â