Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

You say this but look at our team where are you upgrading if not at the full backs? 

We aren't signing someone better than torres, we aren't signing someone better than Dougie, or Bailey, or Watkins. 

So we are talking full backs and DM but only because Kamara is injured and we need more depth there. 

LW as well I suppose is another area we could target but with JJ, Mcginn, Rogers, Diaby and Tielemans all being able to play there in our system it's not an area of concern unlike RB. 

Also Kosta has been injured for the last 9 games and seems like he will continue to be injured. He's also still only 18, I suspect he's more like a Duran signing where if he is going to be in our squad he will mostly be getting minor appearances until his 3rd year with us or so. 

A fair question - but we've beaten Arsenal twice this season, dominated City in a game, and are in the semi's of a European trophy. 
I would counter that perhaps we need more depth in some areas (esp. CDM) in order to compete consistently on multiple fronts, rather than go all out for a better first team.

My suggestion - so may be wrong - is that perhaps Kosta is the new RB. I have never seen him play but it's a lot of money on a 'punt'.
My hope for improvement next year is that we don't have players out either all season (Mings, Buendia) or for most of it (Ramsey, Moreno, Kamara). But if we do, we need to cope.

24 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

A fair question - but we've beaten Arsenal twice this season, dominated City in a game, and are in the semi's of a European trophy. 
I would counter that perhaps we need more depth in some areas (esp. CDM) in order to compete consistently on multiple fronts, rather than go all out for a better first team.

My suggestion - so may be wrong - is that perhaps Kosta is the new RB. I have never seen him play but it's a lot of money on a 'punt'.
My hope for improvement next year is that we don't have players out either all season (Mings, Buendia) or for most of it (Ramsey, Moreno, Kamara). But if we do, we need to cope.

As I said we do need a DM, but like our depth at CB is shaky if we are relying on Konsa at RB and Cash is always our worst player when he plays. Even vs Lille he was at fault for the first goal and hamstrung our attack the entire game. Sure he made it up with a goal and scoring his penalty but we probably wouldn't have needed either if we were playing with a more tactically strong RB. Whether that RB is good in possession, defensively stout or a flying RB. Cash is a C+ grade at all of these things which means he can do an OK job but the team would be far better if we could bring in a player who is B+ in 2 of these areas and sacrifice a little in the other area. 

Similarly LB, Moreno and Digne are fine they don't need to be replaced. But again they are the obvious replacements. Digne has been fantastic and his experience in European competitions is valuable so maybe we should keep him, I do not know. Digne is perhaps more of a B grade in all these areas and Moreno when he was fit last season was one of the most potent wingbacks in the league. But we do not know whether moreno will recover his pace, or his touch or his dribbling or his crossing. Plus both are in their 30s. At minimum one of them should be moved and we should bring in a younger understudy. 

If we sign someone like Hermoso as you mentioned then we should move on both and sign a wingback to complement Hermoso.

• Like 1

With all the talks about player sales, and who some think weay need to sell etc.

Have we discussed Tielemans?

We did sign him on a free, and he is probably worth good money, also potentially someone we can replace cheaper?

Not saying I want him sold by any stretch, but as we know, these things go in order of value/age Vs contribution and replaceability etc.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

With all the talks about player sales, and who some think weay need to sell etc.

We did sign him on a free, and he is probably worth good money, also potentially someone we can replace cheaper?

Not saying I want him sold by any stretch, but as we know, these things go in order of value/age Vs contribution and replaceability etc.

If it meant we kept Luiz, Ramsey etc. then yes. 

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think he’s vital now and next season when we get CL footie. The season after next I can see us selling him. 

We've messed up in a major way if we haven't got an option to buy Philogene back regardless of which division Hull are in, he could potentially have been an option for us, but if not he's someone we could have brought back just to sell on for a big profit

There was talk of Palace being interested for example, so if we were interested in Eze and Olise could have been used in a deal for one of those, but again he's on the right trajectory to be a very good player in his own right, so would be a good option for us, maybe as Zaniolo replacemet

It doesn't really make sense that we wouldn't have a buyback, Emery kept going on about the club wanting to have control over his future, well we don't have much control over his future if it's dependant on them getting promoted, something that was always a long-shot, and even if we didn't think him likely to be good eough for us, he was still always likely to progress to the point where he was worth more than what we sold him for, which was cheap to begin with, and again would have thought the only reason they got him for such a low price is because of a buyback, and not one with a strange condition such as them having to be in the same division as us, but Hull chairman has recently reiterated that that's the case and stated it more explicitly than when his vice chairman had previously spoken about the subject, but surely there has to be more to it, some information being left out

Archer, if we want to sell him, we should make a decent profit on, when you look closely at it his stats for Sheffield United they aren't actually that bad, and also bearing in mind the team he's playing for, most Sheffield United fans seem to rate and like him too, so I don't think he's done any serious damage to his reputation, a Championship team with money I think would pay a good price for him, as guarantees goals, and could be the difference between promotion or not, he could even attract interest from one of the newly promoted teams, as again put him in a better team than Sheffield United have been, and you will see a better return from him

Maybe we won't get the £18m we would have got in total had Sheffield United surived, but I think we could get £10m plus with add-ons, maybe closer to £15m with add-ons, and that will essentially be all profit, being as though in buying him back, we're only giving Sheffield United back the money they paid for him in the first place, so his move to them was basically a loan deal.

Of course we may want to keep him I don't know

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Archer, if we want to sell him, we should make a decent profit on, when you look closely at it his stats for Sheffield United they aren't actually that bad, and also bearing in mind the team he's playing for, most Sheffield United fans seem to rate and like him too, so I don't think he's done any serious damage to his reputation, a Championship team with money I think would pay a good price for him, as guarantees goals, and could be the difference between promotion or not, he could even attract interest from one of the newly promoted teams, as again put him in a better team than Sheffield United have been, and you will see a better return from him

Maybe we won't get the £18m we would have got in total had Sheffield United surived, but I think we could get £10m plus with add-ons, maybe closer to £15m with add-ons, and that will essentially be all profit, being as though in buying him back, we're only giving Sheffield United back the money they paid for him in the first place, so his move to them was basically a loan deal.

Of course we may want to keep him I don't know

Yeah he's got 0.39 xG+xAG per 90 in a team who are by far the worst side in the League. He's done well I think for his first season in Prem. He'll learn from it and improve. I wonder what our buy back obligation is, £12m or £14m or something like that possibly. I'm sure there will be PL teams interest in him this summer at those prices. Alternatively we could loan him out

The Archer buyback is £9m according to recent reports in Sheffield, and their CEO has more or less confirmed those reports and that it's a done deal that he's returning. They paid £9m for him in the first place, with another £9m owed if they survive, but that's obviously not going to happen, so we have to reimburse them for the initilal fee and it essentially been like a loan deal.

Edited by useless

7 minutes ago, useless said:

The Archer buyback is £9m according to recent reports in Sheffield, and their CEO has more or less confirmed those reports and that it's a done deal that he's returning. They paid £9m for him in the first place, with another £9m owed if they survive, but that's obviously not going to happen, so we have to reimburse them for the initilal fee and it essentially been like a loan deal.

Will end up being sold for 3/4m with a 20% sell on clause or a buyback at a certain price I imagine. Either that or a loan to the championship. 

Â