Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Reminds me of a partridge scene:

”I’ll give you ‘monkey and a bag of hooves’”

Proves the point that there is a Partridge quote for pretty much every  eventuality. And if all else is lost, then

nevermind-whatever.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

The Archer buyback is £9m according to recent reports in Sheffield, and their CEO has more or less confirmed those reports and that it's a done deal that he's returning. They paid £9m for him in the first place, with another £9m owed if they survive, but that's obviously not going to happen, so we have to reimburse them for the initilal fee and it essentially been like a loan deal.

Very unlikely it's that low, it would result in a book loss for Sheffield United. He'll have £13.5m left on his book value so I would imagine our buyback is around that price

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

W5ill end up being sold for 3/4m with a 20% sell on clause or a buyback at a certain price I imagine. Either that or a loan to the championship. 

zero % chance of that happening. 3/4m is stupidly cheap for a player as good as Archer. Plus we would just be locking in a loss of up to 10m which we would never be doing to our accounts with PSR to comply with

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Very unlikely it's that low, it would result in a book loss for Sheffield United. He'll have £13.5m left on his book value so I would imagine our buyback is around that price

Alternatively: They signed him for 9 million plus add ons which never materialised, on a (say) 3 year deal. They sell him back to us for the same 9 million and so make a 3 million profit on his (now) amortised 6 million value. They incur the 3 million amortisation cost, plus whatever in wages.

We booked 9 million in income from his sale, last year and incur 9 million in costs when we buy him back.

isn’t that the theory?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

If you give me the choice of a fit Eze, Olise or Mitoma, I would choose Mitoma.
Who are you taking?

On ability and potential I'd take Olise. Easy. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, blandy said:

Alternatively: They signed him for 9 million plus add ons which never materialised, on a (say) 3 year deal. They sell him back to us for the same 9 million and so make a 3 million profit on his (now) amortised 6 million value. They incur the 3 million amortisation cost, plus whatever in wages.

We booked 9 million in income from his sale, last year and incur 9 million in costs when we buy him back.

isn’t that the theory?

I think we sold him for £18m so my calculations are based on that, if we resign him on a 4 year deal for £12m then it costs us £3m per year and we banked 18m for the sale in this years accounts. It was a good deal instead of a loan that's for sure. 

21 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Who are you taking?

Mitoma. Top player and excellent for commercial reasons too. 

I bet the other two prefer to stay in ‘Landan’ anyway. 

Don’t think we’ll sign any of them.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Who are you taking?

Probably Olise.

He's 3 years younger than Eze and 4 years younger than Mitoma. Eze is fantastic but can never seem to stay fit (though, Olise isn't great there either). Mitoma is 26 and, while commercially exciting, has only had one good season and has been pretty ineffective this season.

5 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Probably Olise.

He's 3 years younger than Eze and 4 years younger than Mitoma. Eze is fantastic but can never seem to stay fit (though, Olise isn't great there either). Mitoma is 26 and, while commercially exciting, has only had one good season and has been pretty ineffective this season.

26 is the perfect age to sign a player, they are about to enter their peak years.  Eze and Olise are no better than Diaby and Bailey, Mitoma would offer something different and would be a machine under Emery if he stayed fit.

One word of warning about Olise. My god he is technically gifted but i don't think he is the bravest..i remember him playing up against JJ and JJ absolutely dominating him. By the end of the game he didnt want to know and seemed to have gone into himself . 

48 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think we sold him for £18m

I suspect not. Selling clubs tend to release a price that says “look at all this money we got” and buying clubs tend towards “look at how little we paid”. One will include the add ons and one won’t. If the clauses are never triggered, no payment is made and the audited accounts eventually reveal the picture.

22 minutes ago, blandy said:

I suspect not. Selling clubs tend to release a price that says “look at all this money we got” and buying clubs tend towards “look at how little we paid”. One will include the add ons and one won’t. If the clauses are never triggered, no payment is made and the audited accounts eventually reveal the picture.

This was more a unique one though. I doubt we would have any add ons if there was a mandatory buyback for us in the deal. So I suspect this was a simple they paid us x and we buy back for his remaining book value if they're relegated. So it's basically a kind of Loan which helps us with FFP 

1 hour ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Proves the point that there is a Partridge quote for pretty much every  eventuality. And if all else is lost, then

nevermind-whatever.gif

“And it’s fine to join in”

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Olive all day. Eze we should have picked up before he went to Palace. Mitoma has been anomalous since start of the season 

But has he gone the stones?

Olise is already top four level, we'd be lucky to get him, will probably end up at Manchester City or PSG. He will beyond a shadow of doubt move to a Champions League side, the only possible exceptions are Newcastle or Chelsea if either one throws big money at the situation, his younger brother is in Chelsea academy, but wih Palmer, Hutchinson, and Madueke, not sure they need him, then again could say the same about us with Bailey and Diaby, Eze would probably more suit our needs but again, but would be very strong competition for his signature.

Edited by useless
When I say we would be lucky to get him, I mean in the face of the very strong compeition for his signature we would come up against

Â