Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

7 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Was Diaby not nearer 50?

4 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

About 51. Can’t remember if that included add-ons though

Yeah, i think it was 40million Euros plus 9m Euros add-ons = £52m euros.

Which is roughly £35m plus £7m = £42m total.

https://theathletic.com/4712775/2023/07/22/aston-villa-moussa-diaby-transfer/

The Athletic reported on Friday that Villa agreed a deal to sign Diaby in a deal worth around €40m (£34.6m) plus add-ons.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Wes said:

Like that idea. I think getting an experienced head in makes sense, especially for a relateively lower fee. Lo Celso is another one, he'll definitely be leaving Spurs this summer.

I think Lo Celso will be one we go for, strong rumours we tried for him last summer if I remember but Ange wanted to give him a try ......... think we might go back in, versatile and bit of quality and experience and know how UE sets up.... couple that with i dont think hell break the bank in relative terms 

Also; I could see us going for Mikel Merino as well to replace and compete with Kamara - hes entering his final 12 months of his contract so can see his price softening 

19 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I have kept away from this thread so far, for a few reasons. I’m still very much focused on enjoying the end to this season, I’m not that up to date on emerging global talent these days, and the third and probably best reason is that I don’t care who we sign any more. I no longer know better than the manager, and I have total faith that Emery and Monchi will find us the players to make us even better. 

Feels weird but it’s kind of relaxing to know it’s all in hand. 

Same. Its funny how all of a sudden its not really important who we sign. Good times hey!

Who (if anyone) we sell might be important, but that's not something to be worrying about now.

I see Palace are basically touting Eze and Olise this summer. Would we be in the market for one, or both?
I wouldn't play Olise instead of Bailey, and Eze would be in stiff competition for a place in our midfield, but no doubt they'd add a lot of quality to the squad.

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I see Palace are basically touting Eze and Olise this summer. Would we be in the market for one, or both?
I wouldn't play Olise instead of Bailey, and Eze would be in stiff competition for a place in our midfield, but no doubt they'd add a lot of quality to the squad.

We'd have to have one going out though surely. 

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I'd be happy with both, but don't think they're a profile we can afford. Unless we sell someone from the first team. 

i think that might be a market we look at, players out of contract in summer 2025,  could be a few cashed in upon this summer 

EG: Chiesa, Dumfries, Cherki, Lo Celso, Jonathan David  

Been linked with all of them above and only in last 12months of deals this summer

9 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

Also; I could see us going for Mikel Merino as well to replace and compete with Kamara - hes entering his final 12 months of his contract so can see his price softening 

I would love for us to go after Merino, but he is closer to Dougie than Kamara.

Edited by KMitch

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

i would love Olise, he is quality, but i would guess he would spunk most of our budget, so probably not a good signing with that in mind.

However, we need to be finding these players before they command 60m+, ie: like Palace did with Eze and Olise for a combined 20m ish, or Spam did with Bowen (18m ish), or Leicester did with Maddison, Mahrez, Kante etc etc.

also ie:, hopefully like we have with Rogers.

I can see us getting some leftfield signings this summer, mixed in with some "normal" ones.

Edited by MaVilla

13 minutes ago, turvontour said:

We'd have to have one going out though surely. 

I think we'll move a few on this summer anyway (like 6 or 7) and Percy reckons we're after a few players. We have a lot of increased income and if we get CL too, it makes even more sense.

25 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I feel like who ever goes in for them would need to buy both. They’re generally more effective as individuals when playing together 

30 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I think the premium on them would be too much for us.  We’d be paying over market value for them and that doesn’t seem the Monchi/Emery way.  Seem like Man Utd signings all over or maybe Chelsea given the London factor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Olise has Salah replacement written all over him. Agree with others that we should be aiming for better value. 

5 hours ago, burchy said:

Ins

Pavlidis ST/SS, Geertruida DM/CB/RB, Frimpong RWB, Gutierrez LB, Veerman CM, Hermoso CB/LB

Outs

Digne, Cash, Coutinho, Sanson, Dendonker, Chambers, Hause, Lenglet, Zaniolo

I agree with the outs except for Digne he’s been so important for us this season. I know he earns a lot per week, but that’s the only drawback, he’s an excellent player and has a great attitude. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Was 34.6 Million initially, rising to 44 per ornstein who is by far the msot reliable reporter on the actual details of the deals. 

https://theathletic.com/4707121/2023/07/20/moussa-diaby-aston-villa-agree-deal?source=user-shared-article

I suspect the figure bandied about by sky, is euros and inclusive of add ons. As 44 million quid is 51 million euros. 

Meh, pretty sure sky sports were randomly adding on about £10m to what we paid for Pau for no good reason too 

A lot of people talking about needing new full backs - I'm not sure.

Kosta is coming in, and people saying he's not ready. Do we know this? People said the same about Rogers, and he's done really well, after the first few games. Kosta will get a whole pre-season.
We've also got Konsa, and KKH (who at least is already here) - so perhaps we could look to sell on Cash, who is probably at his peak value now (hopefully after a good summer with Poland), and boost our funds under PSR.

With LB we have Digne and Moreno, who hopefully can find his form again.
As much as Digne's wages are high making it attractive to sell, who is going to pay his current book value of around £12m with those wages, let alone a figure making it worth us selling one of our best players this season.
Give it another year or 2 and hopefully Chrisene or Sousa (or both) will be ready to step up, meaning the best financial decision is to do nothing right now.
It seems Revan has also done OK on loan (although I am not sure he will 'make it' here).
I think the only thing that could change the LB decision is someone like Hermaso on a free, who can cover there.

I think we need to spend money in CM, particularly CDM.
I don't think PSR is the major issue some make out, but we can't be dropping big money on 4 or 5 positions without bringing some major money in.

1 hour ago, Pez1974 said:

A lot of people talking about needing new full backs - I'm not sure.

Kosta is coming in, and people saying he's not ready. Do we know this? People said the same about Rogers, and he's done really well, after the first few games. Kosta will get a whole pre-season.
We've also got Konsa, and KKH (who at least is already here) - so perhaps we could look to sell on Cash, who is probably at his peak value now (hopefully after a good summer with Poland), and boost our funds under PSR.

With LB we have Digne and Moreno, who hopefully can find his form again.
As much as Digne's wages are high making it attractive to sell, who is going to pay his current book value of around £12m with those wages, let alone a figure making it worth us selling one of our best players this season.
Give it another year or 2 and hopefully Chrisene or Sousa (or both) will be ready to step up, meaning the best financial decision is to do nothing right now.
It seems Revan has also done OK on loan (although I am not sure he will 'make it' here).
I think the only thing that could change the LB decision is someone like Hermaso on a free, who can cover there.

I think we need to spend money in CM, particularly CDM.
I don't think PSR is the major issue some make out, but we can't be dropping big money on 4 or 5 positions without bringing some major money in.

You say this but look at our team where are you upgrading if not at the full backs? 

We aren't signing someone better than torres, we aren't signing someone better than Dougie, or Bailey, or Watkins. 

So we are talking full backs and DM but only because Kamara is injured and we need more depth there. 

LW as well I suppose is another area we could target but with JJ, Mcginn, Rogers, Diaby and Tielemans all being able to play there in our system it's not an area of concern unlike RB. 

Also Kosta has been injured for the last 9 games and seems like he will continue to be injured. He's also still only 18, I suspect he's more like a Duran signing where if he is going to be in our squad he will mostly be getting minor appearances until his 3rd year with us or so. 

Â