Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

How about Sumerville at Leeds, if they don't come up? Or even if they do! 

• Like 2

Could see us going back in for Nico Williams, Ferran Torres if Duran leaves, Alex Baena, a DM, and a RB. Probably 4 in and about 6 out if we can move them all on. 

31 minutes ago, Awol said:

Could see us going back in for Nico Williams, Ferran Torres if Duran leaves, Alex Baena, a DM, and a RB. Probably 4 in and about 6 out if we can move them all on. 

Why would we let Duran leave?

24 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I do wonder if we’ll look at the Championship again. If so, who? 

Who knows, but if we qualify for UCL I think the owners will want us to give it a proper rattle. Best way they can do that is find a way to structure the financial situation so Monchi has some liberty in the market this summer. 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Why would we let Duran leave?

I don’t want him to, but there’s clearly been a lot of speculation about him moving on - though less so in recent weeks 

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Who knows, but if we qualify for UCL I think the owners will want us to give it a proper rattle. Best way they can do that is find a way to structure the financial situation so Monchi has some liberty in the market this summer. 

Monchi isnt a big name transfer guy and people going be disappointed if expect that, even in Sevilla best days he still preferred plucking players from smaller leagues

6 hours ago, Wes said:

Some transfer tid-bits in John Percy's Article regarding Emery's new Contract

"Emery is targeting two centre-midfielders [one holding midfielder and the other a box-to-box], wingers and a centre forward in the unlikely event of leading scorer Ollie Watkins leaving for a huge transfer fee."

Khephrem Thuram and Mikel Merino in an almost out of contract special

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

Tyler Dibling and Sammy Braybrooke please.

he's not asking for the lead actors in Last of the Summer Wine mate.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, bobzy said:

Don't understand the clamour to get rid of Digne.  He's essentially been pivotal in us having our best season in a long, long time and he and Moreno are probably the most like-for-like replacements we have in the entire squad.

Wage and age, it's not that he is too old its that him and moreno are too old together.

Fact is Moreno was brought by Emery and costs a lot less in wages.

6 hours ago, Wes said:

Some transfer tid-bits in John Percy's Article regarding Emery's new Contract

"Emery is targeting two centre-midfielders [one holding midfielder and the other a box-to-box], wingers and a centre forward in the unlikely event of leading scorer Ollie Watkins leaving for a huge transfer fee."

Mandela Keita & Oscar Gloukh … 🤷🏻

8 hours ago, bobzy said:

But surely it would cost more money to replace him than it would to cover his £120k/wk (or £45m/wk, whatever it is) wage for the remaining 2 years he has on his contract?

Actually in FFP/PSR terms no.

He would sell for the equal of his book value so no FFP loss and we need to lower the wage bill for PSR along side increasing revenue.

No one really cares what it costs NSWE for the fee as they have always just stumped up the money - so far.

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Also unless he goes to Saudi who’s even going to pay the wages he is currently earning so why would he leave ?

Don’t think he’s going anywhere until his contract expires and I have no issue with that. 

There may be one or two continental clubs willing as well

4 hours ago, thunderball said:

Jeez, where's all the money coming from? I have to assume we lose one senior player in the Summer and any arrivals will be 'astute' and off-radar signings rather than some en vogue names? Fair play to the management team however: Moreno, Pau, and Rogers have all looked excellent value and all up to the standard we require, and Diaby demonstrates we are happy to pay decent money if needed. 

We have plenty of FFP room as long as they move out the fringe players.

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Actually in FFP/PSR terms no.

He would sell for the equal of his book value so no FFP loss and we need to lower the wage bill for PSR along side increasing revenue.

No one really cares what it costs NSWE for the fee as they have always just stumped up the money - so far.

I’m not convinced that’s the one for FFP/PSR. He’ll probably have around, what, £10m “left” in terms of book value… you’re saying we get a left back in who is fine being a rotation option but offers as much as Digne does (and immediately, as well) for £50m absolute tops?

I don’t see it. It’s such a big risk. 

Â