Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

11 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Cheeky Bid? 

no way.

good player, but for 100m, nope.

We need to be finding these players before they are a 100m player, we arent really in a position to be spunking 100m on players i dont think.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Will end up being sold for 3/4m with a 20% sell on clause or a buyback at a certain price I imagine. Either that or a loan to the championship. 

just wait for the VT'ers saying he is clearly good enough to challenge Watkins and should stay in the squad to be able to prove himself and be the main striker backup, cus "he's good enough".

36 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Will end up being sold for 3/4m with a 20% sell on clause or a buyback at a certain price I imagine. Either that or a loan to the championship. 

Dont think we did a great deal with Archer if we have to pay to get him back

Let this sink in, Wesley scored more PL goals for relegation fighting Villa than Camereon Archer scored for relegation fighting Sheff Utd,  Wesley missed half the season.

8 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Let this sink in, Wesley scored more PL goals for relegation fighting Villa than Camereon Archer scored for relegation fighting Sheff Utd,  Wesley missed half the season.

And Wesley gave us that great moment where he pretended to be dead on the pitch after a bump on the noggin. Super stuff. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

He's still worth more than £9m. That's half of a Solanke five years ago.

Why wouldn't we want to buy him back for that price? Even if we don't intend to use him, we would do a similar buyback deal with another club or sell for the same £9m (still beneficial for FFP this way) + 25% sell-on-clause.

14 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

A lot of people talking about needing new full backs - I'm not sure.

Kosta is coming in, and people saying he's not ready. Do we know this? People said the same about Rogers, and he's done really well, after the first few games. Kosta will get a whole pre-season.
We've also got Konsa, and KKH (who at least is already here) - so perhaps we could look to sell on Cash, who is probably at his peak value now (hopefully after a good summer with Poland), and boost our funds under PSR.

With LB we have Digne and Moreno, who hopefully can find his form again.
As much as Digne's wages are high making it attractive to sell, who is going to pay his current book value of around £12m with those wages, let alone a figure making it worth us selling one of our best players this season.
Give it another year or 2 and hopefully Chrisene or Sousa (or both) will be ready to step up, meaning the best financial decision is to do nothing right now.
It seems Revan has also done OK on loan (although I am not sure he will 'make it' here).
I think the only thing that could change the LB decision is someone like Hermaso on a free, who can cover there.

I think we need to spend money in CM, particularly CDM.
I don't think PSR is the major issue some make out, but we can't be dropping big money on 4 or 5 positions without bringing some major money in.

Kosta has only played about 12 times this season in the Serbian League due to injury, he will need time to get used to the prem. Rogers stepped up from the championship which is superior to the Serbian league. It's also alot easier to throw an attacker/midfielder in at the deep end as opposed to a defender because mistakes made at the back will more likely lead to a goal.

Konsa's best position is CB alongside Pau, he should only be played there for rotation purposes or due to injuries. I don't think KKH will make it, multiple managers have run the rule over him and none have given him a chance.

Digne has been great this season but will only decline due to his age if we can upgrade in the summer with a younger alternative we should. Moreno has been poor compared to last season, his injury at anfield really seems to have had an impact.

Digne's destination will probably be Saudi, they don't care about book values.

The rest of the players you mentioned are development players and not ready for prem football.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Andy Robertson seems to have fallen out of favour with Liverpool fans, plus I suspect Klopp leaving will be a catalyst for a bit of a reschuffle by Liverpool.

If Digne was to leave I would consider him. An excellent player with lots of experience and a natural leader. Ignoring the fact that he is, admittedly, quite an irritating twunt.

Plus it would be nice for McGinn to be able to converse with a teammate in his native tongue

• Haha 2

No one is getting Archer for as little as £4m, he will be £10m with add-ons at least, put him in the Championship and he's pretty much a guarantee of goals, clubs are desperate for promotion, so will pay a decent fee because his goals could be the difference. If there are any Championship players we're interested in then maybe he could be used as part of a deal, Hayden Hackney has been mentioned for example, he's rated around £20m, we could probably get him for around £12m if MIddlesbough were willing to take Archer as part of the deal, of course I've no idea if we're interested in Hackney, that's just an example

Ollie Arblaster is another we've been linked with who we could perhaps use Archer to get, although they're desperate to keep him, and being young and a Sheffield United fan, maybe he will stay there a while longer
  • Like 1

I dont suppose we will be dropping this kind of money on anyone this summer but if Eze is really available for £60m that seems a snip. He is so good and would fit into our system perfectly. 

• Shocked 1

I don't know why people want Lo Celso, he has basically done nothing in his time at Spurs, he has 1 year left and we need to deal with Levy

• Like 2

I think the market has changed due to the FFP,  I can't see Palace getting £60m for either of them, who can afford to pay it and stay within FFP? Maybe Arsenal, Spurs. With the lack of competition for them their price will be lower.

7 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

I don't know why people want Lo Celso, he has basically done nothing in his time at Spurs, he has 1 year left and we need to deal with Levy

I agree, I just don’t see it.  He would just be an unused sub 95% of the time given competition in that midfield.  We have to bring in players equivalent or better than what we have imo.

If Moreno gets back to last summer's form and we sold Digne and got Leif Davis from Ipswich in the summer I would be happy with that. Davis seems more similar to Digne that he has good passing and crossing as his main assets and he gets up and down the pitch well

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’d hope Villa will never be a club that pays £100m (or the inflation equivalent in the future) on a player, despite how big we ever get. 

I expect this will be a (relatively) quiet summer throughout the league. Points reductions have focussed minds and the record spending days are gone. Also see how many big money signings just haven't provided value. If the changes to a spending cap being voted for on Monday go through then we'll see another lift in prices when that kicks in IMO.

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Are Eze or Olise Top 4 challenging CL players or can they improve to that level? 

I think Eze is already top 4 level and I think Olise can get there. 

If we have the budget I’d be perfectly happy with dropping a big fee on Eze. I think he’s top quality and will improve under Emery! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I think Eze is already top 4 level and I think Olise can get there. 

If we have the budget I’d be perfectly happy with dropping a big fee on Eze. I think he’s top quality and will improve under Emery! 

Fairly sure Palace fans think Olise is the better player. 

• Thanks 1

Â