Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

We are starting to see what he is going to be like for us  . Kai Havertz height but with Nigel Reo Coker strength and JJ dribbling 

Like NRC he can't really pass under pressure.

Very much a work in progress. Even for that mazy run when half their team were tugging him back he should've just passed to Bailey who had half the pitch to run into.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

Like NRC he can't really pass under pressure.

Very much a work in progress. Even for that mazy run when half their team were tugging him back he should've just passed to Bailey who had half the pitch to run into.

Oh god yeah. But you can see his strengths. What he will bring. 

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

We are starting to see what he is going to be like for us  . Kai Havertz height but with Nigel Reo Coker strength and JJ dribbling 

Gave away the ball a lot, as always.

55 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Wouldn't shock me in the long run if he becomes more Ollie's deputy.

He looks more like a striker to me too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Wow, now I'm worried. Brilliant carrying the ball forward today by all accounts. It's clear what Unai can bring to his game to make him a first teamer.

His ball carrying ability could be pushing elite levels. That side of his game so good. 

Just needs to learn when to lift his head and play the ball but that will come with time you'd expect. Really likeable, exciting player. 

• Like 2

The ball stuck to him like glue today (arguably too much!): you can't teach that. Very exciting talent. 

I'm sure a course at the Unaiversity will bring his decision making up to Premier League level sooner rather than later: then he'll stand a great chance of becoming a dangerous player.

Edited by wishywashy

Good performance cheap developmental player holding his own with the odd mistake here and there as expected very excited to see him develop under Emery.

His progress in these few games has been upward, think he'll be one of those players other clubs ask themselves why they didn't go for - Monchi knows talent. 

• Like 1

Played well today although I'd rather give him minutes when McGinn or Kamara are there to cover, as I felt we were unbalanced in the first 30 mins today. 

Not his fault of course. He put in good shift and showed some real promise.

I thought he looked pretty good today.  Made some excellent runs from the middle of the pitch - didn't get as many decisions as he should have done.  He was fouled, carried on, fouled, carried on and then lost the ball a few times when the ref should have then called play back for either of fouls during the run.  There was one run in particular where two defenders should have been booked for pulling him back but the ref (who mainly had a good game) only decided to punish the second pull.

Â