Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

Just now, MakemineVanilla said:

He's a bit rough and ready - whether there is a player in there, we'll have to find out.

He's only 21 and so he's still learning.

At the same age Ollie was still playing for Exeter.

Absolutely. I wasn’t writing him off. Far from it. I’m excited to see how he develops. 

I just don’t want people to get carried away. He’s far from ready, and it showed last night

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

He looks great on the ball and moving with it, but a total liability off it. He gives away too many fouls and keeps on getting booked early so he becomes a red card risk. 

He needs a bit of Unai coaching and he'll come good. 

Edited by villarule123

44 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Eh, I was certain he was about to get sent off!!! He kept going in for robust challenges!

Ah I thought he was a bit withheld, but I had had several pints 🍻 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, paul514 said:

he was OK if you class him as a development player, the shot he took through got so much pace and power with almost no backlift,....... its a good sign

Tom Huddlestone-esque

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Absolutely. I wasn’t writing him off. Far from it. I’m excited to see how he develops. 

I just don’t want people to get carried away. He’s far from ready, and it showed last night

Can see why he is not ready to start week in week out and he has a lot to learn defensively. Excited to see how he develops over the next year and what we will be thinking of him in a years time. 

5 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Great on the ball and you can see the talent. Definitely needs some work. Should have been sent off really. 

Agree. IMO, he's not a LW/LM and I don't think Unai sees him ending up there. Potential to be an excellent 10 but will do him good to get experience on the left as he develops and improves.

Get kind of a "meh" feeling watching him play.

Can't say I see huge potential in the kid but Unai brought him in for a reason I'm not going to question him.

His decision making is already better than Zaniolos. The idea might not come off all the time but it is the right idea. If he is our version of a project player that we feel 'might' turn into a very good player then i am all for it. Enough seen already to suggest that once he learns the Emery system he will be an asset. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, omariqy said:

Great on the ball and you can see the talent. Definitely needs some work. Should have been sent off really. 

Yup, I was certain he was gonna get his second yellow card there. Too early in the game perhaps. Ref was kind to us there.

On 15/03/2024 at 09:58, villarule123 said:

He looks great on the ball and moving with it, but a total liability off it. He gives away too many fouls and keeps on getting booked early so he becomes a red card risk. 

These are my exact thoughts also

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

His decision making is already better than Zaniolos. The idea might not come off all the time but it is the right idea. If he is our version of a project player that we feel 'might' turn into a very good player then i am all for it. Enough seen already to suggest that once he learns the Emery system he will be an asset. 

Yep, always happy to release it early if it's the right play. Hard to teach.

On 15/03/2024 at 09:58, villarule123 said:

Fortunately he’s in the right place to get all the Unai he needs  and I’m sure he’ll improve as a result. A diamond that needs a cut and polish to really sparkle! 

I agree Dave, we need to show some patience.  He's very young and playing at the top of the Premier League.  Big step up, even if he played for Manchester City previously. Unai will coach the crap out of him and he will be an excellent squad player in good time. 

The guy is a physical machine. This season is a learning curve. With the technical ability he has he will go far. 

Â