Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

Not a left sided player though.

Most of Wolves attacks came down his side, when Zaniolo came on they stopped.

He might be good, certainly good at running with the ball, but lets not put to much pressure on him. Could develop into a Joelinton kind of player if he develops.

If he is half the player that Ramsey is then i will be happy

I was pleased with his performance against Wolves, which showed he is learning to adapt his game to the ways and means of Emery.

After watching Villa in the Premier League, the Championship now seems rather gungho by comparison.

He'll have to learn new habits and he's showing progress already.

Between him, Kosta, Buendia (return), Mings (return), Ramsey (return), we are really going to have a lot more squad depth next year.

9 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Not a left sided player though.

Most of Wolves attacks came down his side, when Zaniolo came on they stopped.

He might be good, certainly good at running with the ball, but lets not put to much pressure on him. Could develop into a Joelinton kind of player if he develops.

If he is half the player that Ramsey is then i will be happy

I think in fairness - it was a lot of ground to cover. Moreno was very hesitant and tucked in a lot so that left Rogers with a lot of ground to cover both between Bueno/Semedo/Sarabia.

When Zaniolo and Digne came in - Digne was far more willing to engage higher up the pitch with Zaniolo covering in behind. Then again - we were also leading at that point so the dynamics changed.

I'd be interested to see how Rogers played defensively with Digne since Moreno is particularly out of form right now.

• Like 1

67 minutes in and he looks absolutely exhausted.

Had some absolutely lovely touches, but there’s still a lot of development to go.

Well we can see that Emery really rates him. Great assist for Duran. Lots of work to do still on the training ground . And he seems a real good personality as well. Settled in quickly. 

• Like 1

Need to sort his work rate out, majority of that game he's just strolled through not doing much of anything. 

Luckily he's young and that can be coached into him. 

Still very raw and if JJ was fit, he'd not be getting the minutes he is. 

Physically (stamina) not premier league yet but he has strength and skill in abundance. Good player. Full pre season behind him and he’ll be a key player for us next season. 

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

I like him, will improve a lot over the next couple of seasons, I’m sure. Good athlete, brave, seems well liked already. The running out of gas thing will be fixed, we’ve seen the same with other players.

Edited by KentVillan

Great to see him show some end product to his game today, he's lovely to watch on the ball but up to now felt a little like he was a bit of a highlights player, if he can step up and add goals and assists and even just influence goals and assists he can play a big part for our run in.

4 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Shrewd business 

Indeed!

Starting to see why they were insistent of getting him early, and the price could because a snip!

Alot of potential but he tired.

I’m absolutely convinced that this guy is a natural 10. He may turn into an 8 in time but for now, 10 is his best position. He really is a lovely footballer. If it all clicks in the next couple of years, he is going to be a star.

His vision and range of passing is impressive. His ability to drive forward and run with the ball. Strength, balance etc. Adjusting to the league, more experience and coaching he'll be something. 

Â