Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

22 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Crazy that we signed a England U21 starter for 8 million. Bargain 

Not as crazy as people already writing him off though not surprised anymore

• Like 1

His play with his back to goal probably intrigues him the most under Unai's eyes - a profile desperately missing for us. Only Ollie and McGinn are any good at it under pressure.

16 minutes ago, I Make Pies said:

Only became a starter once he signed for a big club ;)

Yeah, Southgate-esque from Carsley. I believe it's his first U21 cap full stop.

On 17/03/2024 at 19:46, Villa_Vids said:

He is going to be judged every game he plays for us that is the true nature of football, it doesn't get any easier for Rogers in terms of criticism and judgement. No hiding places.

I don’t mind him being judged, or think he needs a hiding place, it’s just frustrating that many of the people judging him (and all footballers) are very stupid :)

He has so much potential. Like Duran. Its whether it can be coaxed out of him. He has some real skill and is physically going to be a beast. He was a wonder kid at 16 when he went to City so lets hope he can get back and achieve the potential that they saw in him and subsequently us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He has so much potential. Like Duran. Its whether it can be coaxed out of him. He has some real skill and is physically going to be a beast. He was a wonder kid at 16 when he went to City so lets hope he can get back and achieve the potential that they saw in him and subsequently us.

I see some good signs already. His problem currently is running with the ball and then passing straight to the opposition. Did that a few times v West Ham so needlessly losing the ball isn't going to cut it under Unai. Also struggled a bit with the quicker speed compared to championship and some of the wide players he's having to mark.

He's a work in progress but with the Ramsey injury he's probably started more games than he expected in his first six weeks. Those starts v Ajax will do him good in the long run.

Has all the attributes to be a top player. To be his size and have his skill is impressive. He’s much more skilful than Duran and better running with the ball.

I really like what I’ve seen. Whether or not he makes it, I don’t know, but he’s living the dream at the moment I’m sure!

• Like 2

People need to realise that the Championship and below is no where near The premier league in terms of fitness strength and conditioning.

The fitness levels of premier league players have been getting higher for a while now. 

once Rogers is Premier League fit he’ll be a huge asset. 

• Like 1

Against weak opposition obviously, but looked really good when he came on, great close control and ability to find teammates even when being pressed, two goals, could have had a couple of assists as well, should have had an hat-trick in injury time if Madueke had have played a simple pass, was even more annyoing as moments earlier Rogers had unselfishly tried to set-up Madueke for his hat-trick when he could have scored himself to get his own hat-trick. Big takeaway is in these games he's looking just as good as the best attackers in that U21 squad, would cost a small fortune to buy any of them, a lot more than we paid for him, could be a real bargain

• Like 2

The oppostion has been weak but the promising thing about his U21 appearances is that he's looking just as good as the other top attacking players, they're players who are playing in top leagues like Premier League, Bundesliga, and Serie A, and for top clubs as well, you want to buy any of them and most would cost £30m plus, and as a squad it's very highly rated, current European Champions, and plays genuinely very good football, for Rogers to not only not look out place amongst them but to actually look on the same level is a very promising sign, and futhermore suggests we got a bargain

• Like 4

Â