Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

I'm sure when we were initially being linked with him it was said his defensive stats in the Championship were really good, have to remember he's still very new to the Premier League, he's still only played just over two games worth, so there should hopefully be more to come from his all round game as he gets used to the higher level.

I think he's always going to be versatile, but will mostly play either on the left, or somehwere in the 'number ten' area, either behind the striker or as an attacking midfielder, two of his main strengths are his vision and ability to run with the ball, so has to play a little deeper to get the benefit of those qualities

I’m really excited about his development. There’s a reason Unai was so keen to get him on. You can’t coach his running power. Reminds me of Ramsey. 

• Like 3

I am looking forward to his development.....He is still learning his craft, but the best place  for him now, is the first team.

Pleased to see him getting game time.....I think he will be a fine player...really good feet.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

superb.

needs to learn when to release the ball though, but im sure he will learn under Emery.

• Like 1

Thought Morgan was great yesterday. Has immense potential. I know his decision making isn't quite there yet but damn he could be a huge player for us with skill and strength combo he has.

Some of the positives to his game are things that can't really be taught, whilst the negatives can be, and he's with the right coach to improve them. We're not going to see the best of him this season but there looks a real player there for when we do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I'd forgotten about that. Wolves spent more time pulling our players' shirts than kicking the ball during that game.

That run by Rogers was excellent though, really impressed with his on-the-ball play.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, beasley14 said:

He does have some very similar attributes to Ramsey in terms of carrying the ball forwards. 

Yeah he does. Rogers is just a bit more skilful.

32 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah he does. Rogers is just a bit more skilful.

Fingers crossed he can develop the same was Ramsey has over the next two years 

The Morgan Rogers cliche is 'something something' can't be taught. I've never heard that phrase as much with any other player! 😁

Loftus Cheek is the one he reminds me of the most. Hopefully without the injuries. So much running power from deep to open up the pitch.  3 positions he can be effective in though, maybe 4 . 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I'd forgotten about that. Wolves spent more time pulling our players' shirts than kicking the ball during that game.

That run by Rogers was excellent though, really impressed with his on-the-ball play.

How Ait Nouri didn’t get booked there I’ll never know. 

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

How Ait Nouri didn’t get booked there I’ll never know. 

I counted 3 professional fouls.

• Like 1

Thought he was standout in first half. Exposed and out of position without the ball but doing things not too many can with it. You take the rough with the smooth at his age and development. I think we can all start to see why they bought him. He'll grow as a player and in value. Like all the youngsters, he needs ti play to develop. Hope we see more of kkh, TI, JD and MR in the next 8 games. We need to keep developing these guys to keep compliant and to save up for 1 or 2 big signings per window, rather than adding 4 or 5 each time. 

Rogers could save us 50+ million if he carries on improving and growing into games. 

• Like 3

Â