Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

55 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Didn’t think he was that bad at all, looked to have something about him at times, really not seeing what all the detractors are ripping him to shreds over.

Yeah he was one of our better players in the first half, some people need to throw their toys out of the pram whenever we drop points though so it’s obviously all Morgan Rogers fault this week 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Drove forward with the ball and attempted some nice through balls created a decent shooting opportunity for him self. I suppose your definition of putting a shift in is running like a headless chicken. 

No it’s tracking back and working for team.  As lazy a performance as I’ve seen this season from a villa player

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisvilla4 said:

If it wasn't for our injuries/ suspensions, he wouldn't be starting. He's not been with us long and miles behind on fitness and wavelength. Give him time.

I totally disagree.  He’s starting over Zaniola and our record signing 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

He did alright early in the game but he's a long term project. Time to judge him is at the end of next season. 

He is going to be judged every game he plays for us that is the true nature of football, it doesn't get any easier for Rogers in terms of criticism and judgement. No hiding places.

Like any player, who is WIP.....He has good things he has mastered, and other things he needs to add.

I think it's why Unai, gives him minutes, as opposed to full games.

He is much better in possession, than out, he has a lot to learn, without the ball.

With the ball, he makes some interesting link play and will get stronger, as his time in the team gains momentum.

I say, he's over 6ft so give him a chance ( shut up!!!!) ( just kidding)

Edited by TRO

Anyone who got a touch of the ring-twitters when Watkins went off against Ajax, will have realised why Rogers was signed.

He was affordable and creates competition between himself and Duran, and obviously the other way round.

Like most forwards, he doesn't know how to tackle.

He's not ready yet but neither was David Platt in his first season.

If Emery and his coaches can improve Bailey they can certainly improve Rogers.

• Like 1

Â