Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

He looked to like he was wound too tight against Ajax. Unai took him off quite rightly as he was on a yellow and was still getting stuck in. 

I gotta admire his wanting to take his chance and force his way into the team. I just think he lacked a little maturity, but that will come.

He's still the assist leader at Middlesborough, and he's been with us since Jan. 

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

He looked to like he was wound too tight against Ajax. Unai took him off quite rightly as he was on a yellow and was still getting stuck in. 

I gotta admire his wanting to take his chance and force his way into the team. I just think he lacked a little maturity, but that will come.

He's still the assist leader at Middlesborough, and he's been with us since Jan. 

what i liked with him, is he played at least 2, maybe more of those defence cutting through balls that Tielemans does so well.

Granted they didnt entirely work, but the fact he can see the pass and try to make it is a really good sign for me, once he settles, learns Emery's ways and gains some confidence, i think he is going to be very good.

he also looks comfortable on the ball and driving forward with it, the lad looks like he has oodles of potential to me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He is playing with 10 (perhaps 13) new teammates in a new team for a new manager in a hyper-fast hyper-physical league.

It certainly takes more than 50 days to acclimatize, even if you're going from one team to another in the same league.

Any minutes he plays and we don't concede are bonus for now in my eyes. Imagine after the international break he'll be that much better having had 2 weeks with Emery.

33 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He has a lot of potential. You can see he has a good football brain. It’s getting up to the speed of this league that will take time. 

Absolutely there’s a maturity about his game he sees the pass a few steps ahed of the average player has good close control and the physicality to go with it. Taking time to adapt and learn was always going to be the case. I’m genuinely astonished at the amount of people talking negatively about him here would they rather we pay £45m for him later down the line in his career after a Brighton or Brentford develop him for us? 

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 1

I like how he runs with the ball but the final ball isn't quite there and defensively he was nowhere to be seen, Coufal had all the space in the world in the first half

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

He's very young still and obviously we've seen something in him but he should not be starting. 

He's 22 this summer so he's not that young but I agree he should not be starting yet. You learn by playing and training so sure this was another good experience for him.

• Like 1

He's seemed fine to me, there's more to be positive about than not, I think every game he's played, he's either got himself into good posiions for a shot or created shooting chances for others, both through good play. He's just a little raw at the moment, in some ways reminds of Duran, can do good things, but can also be frustrating, also have to remember he's new to the Premier League, he's barely played more than a game's worth of football at that level.

• Like 1

There's deffo a player in there, some of the stuff he does is very impressive. Ideally he'd be coming on for Ramsey after 75-80 mins and slowly coming into the team but as we are so thin he's just been thrown in 

• Like 2

Liability defensively but dont think he was that bad going forward. Picked up the ball in a good position centrally about 4 times in the first half. He has played more than i expected so far. Lets let him have a preseason before we write him off. 

He has ability but he left Moreno hung out to dry in first half.  Never supported him, dont have to have ability to track back.  Zaniolo done it when he came on thankfully 

Just now, DakotaVilla said:

Complete and utter liability today. Hopefully won’t start again for us this season or we are done for. I see the potential but the kid is too raw. Loan needed next season 

Don’t be so short sited. Had a decent game faded as the game went on but that’s understandable we will develop him and give him game time. It’s easy to jump into the FFP thread and cry about potentially selling key players and then complain when we give low cost youngsters the opportunity to develop and grow. The alternative is buying a experienced ready made signing whilst Rogers & Duran are out on loan eventually forcing us to cash in on players like Luiz , Ramsey ect. Can’t have it both ways it’s clear why we signed him anybody and everyone should be able to understand it won’t come over night. A loan would be totally counterproductive the whole idea is to sign these players and help them grow into a bigger role with Emery’s guidance. Sick of silly posts like this. 

• Like 1

Â