Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

He's a monster. Thought he was the one that got the team going today after such a sluggish start. 

Depends what you are looking at.  Was fantastic running with the ball and carrying it forward but gave Moreno absolutely no support.  If you see my comments since he came, ive high hopes for him but he shouldn’t be starting yet.  Zaniola should be starting all day long and he be good sub when teams are tired 

• Like 1

Just now, HeyAnty said:

Depends what you are looking at.  Was fantastic running with the ball and carrying it forward but gave Moreno absolutely no support.  If you see my comments since he came, ive high hopes for him but he shouldn’t be starting yet.  Zaniola should be starting all day long and he be good sub when teams are tired 

By contrast, I think they are both doing their jobs perfectly. 

where my Rogers haters at after today? 

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

Absolute nonsense. 

• Like 1

You all saw what McGinn’s replacement looks like, today. 

I’m not saying he replaces him today, but that’s the future. 

Edited by 479Villan
  • Like 2

Mostly excellent. In fact, he’s been mostly very good since he came. Struggles with the defensive side of the game but that can be taught.

Really like what I see. May become an absolute baller. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I thought he did offer Moreno support but Moreno was shocking. It's different when you come on for last 20 minutes or so. Zaniolo has been doing well coming on as an impact sub. 

Edited by PaulC

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I thought he did offer Moreno support but Moreno was shocking. It's different when you come on for last 20 minutes or so. Zaniolo has been doing well coming on as an impact sub. 

Yeah well thats a constructive analysis and i could be wrong and Moreno was the issue.  Unlike Delphinio and his nonsense comments and nothing to back it up

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Yeah well thats a constructive analysis and i could be wrong and Moreno was the issue.  Unlike Delphinio and his nonsense comments and nothing to back it up

I don't know,  I thought first half was the best he's played In a villa shirt aside the first 20 mins when the whole team were crap. I think we have a real player on our hands going forwards. He's the future.  I'd leave him in because he shouid continue to improve. If we can find a spot for Zaniolo then fine but has looked great coming off the bench and we need that. 

• Like 1

He’s a lovely lovely footballer. I’ve said it before but give him a few months with Emery working on the defensive side of his game and he’ll be phenomenal for us next season. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

He's not Bellingham, but he looks a little bit like him, and that's pretty swell.  

I was actually thinking he looks a bit like Brennan Johnson who excels in end to end games. He cost Spurs nearly 50m while we got Rodgers for not even a third of the price so if he can develop into a counter attack player with actual end product then he'll fit nicely into our new transfer policy.

he looks like a proper rough diamond to me.

If Emery can knock off the rough edges, he will be a proper player for us.

He already shows moments of genuine quality that just cant be taught, he just needs some Emery tactical/system love over the next 6-12 months and it looks like he will be a top player.

fingers crossed.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

He's got the tools to be a top player and technically he's fantastic which is a great starting point to work with, still a long way to go.

Up to him now to take his chance and push on and learn what it takes mentally to get to the next few levels.

His running with the ball and tight control is a fantastic attribute,  he rode 2 challenges/ fouls before the ref had to stop play for the final rugby style pull back, this boys got ability that's for sure.

Defensively he's getting better, noticeable that he didn't lunge in like he had been ( picking up a yellow cards), he used his positioning rather than physical engaging which is a improvement but he needs to find more of a balance between the two.

He's shown enough ability, next season he's going to a huge player for us, unbelievable signing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Mostly excellent. In fact, he’s been mostly very good since he came. Struggles with the defensive side of the game but that can be taught.

Really like what I see. May become an absolute baller. 

Agree totally, moreno was coaching him in the first half defensively. Needs to add this to his game to become a regular. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 479Villan said:

He’s been here 2 months. To play like that against any Premier League team is a credit. 
15 mil is a fair price. 

From what I’ve read it’s £8 million plus difficult to achieve adds on so will probably cost us less then £15 million

Glad to see he is getting more game time now. Back-to-back starts in the Premier League so Emery is clearly starting to trust him more. His only young and I think in a years time we will all be raving about how good he is. Bulldozes his way through players with ease. Hopefully can get some goal contributions during the run in. 

In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if he plays up front instead of Watkins if his out for a period of time though the obvious call would be Duran. 

Â