Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

Enjoyed watching him last night especially first half. Just needs to adjust to the demands of the Premier League fitness wise as you could see he was knackered second half but can see him being a really good player for us next season. 

I was definitely unconvinced for the first few appearances but he is adapting and quickly, very quickly.

He may turn out to be one of our shrewdest signings of recent years.

I really like him, he’s got quality. He’s more similar to Ramsey than Bailey.

That was essentially our back up choices in the top 4 so more than happy with his part in it.

2 minutes ago, Nicho said:

He is basically a mix of Ramsey and Buendia. Without the defensive nous ( as yet) . Which is a great thing. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He is basically a mix of Ramsey and Buendia. Without the defensive nous ( as yet) . Which is a great thing. 

With more skill than both of them.

20 minutes ago, Nicho said:

That was essentially our back up choices in the top 4 so more than happy with his part in it.

Absolutely this.  Ramsey was the only player we had who ran with the ball and took players on (Zaniolo to some extent... but not the same).  Rogers seems to be very much of the same type.

• Like 1

He's a couple of years younger than Ramsey. I really like Ramsey but I don't remember him performing as well as Rogers has in his first few top flight appearances. Granted, it was in a weaker team.

Rogers is such an interesting player. He's got bags of ability and his physicality is just so rare in a player with his skillset.
I kinda feel like, if he actually realises how good he is, brings a bit of arrogance to his game, he's going to become a monster of a player. I don't actually think he knows quite how good he is at present. PL experience will help with that.

You can probably tell, I really like him. Fantastic business for £8m and even if he doesn't improve and kick on as we all want, we've got a helluva squad player for that amount of money given his age.

That's why our transfer business is good. Spurs signed Johnson for 50m. Rogers will be just as good very quickly. 

• Like 1

Amazing how different people see him now it was there to see from the beginning just need to look at the potential rather than looking for the finished article. As good as JPB is I doubt players in the Premier League would be bouncing off him like Morgan.

• Like 4

No one else was looking at him once he moved to Boro. It seems only Boro were serious about buying him last summer as well. But Unai and Monchi saw something and pressed the button 5 months into his Boro contract. I think i saw something about him having a stat that showed he has huge effect on chances created when on the pitch. A bit like Jack in that he might well assist the assist or cause chaos for the opposition. Anyway, early doors still but it seems an incredible piece of business.  Especially as it seems he will be able to play as a striker,   number 10   and maybe as an 8 . He will also be a huge asset defending corners once he gets more defensive nous. Very smart business 

• Like 1

I think a sign of his ability is that his teammates are not afraid to pass it to him.

Different positions and Tim won't shine as much because he's not in a more free attacking role, but you saw the same thing even when Dougie or Kamara started out with us. Teammates trusted Dougie to receive the ball in tight spaces and they do so with Morgan as well. They're a lot more hesitant to pass it to Tim.

To earn starts so quickly after his transfer is a great sign for his potential.

10 hours ago, lexicon said:

Better passer, certainly. 

That’s a big call to say that he is a better passer of the ball, than Buendia imo.

I have always thought of Buendia as being capable of unlocking any defence.

I am not saying this will always be the case but right now, I think Buendia is a much better footballer. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

No one else was looking at him once he moved to Boro. It seems only Boro were serious about buying him last summer as well. But Unai and Monchi saw something and pressed the button 5 months into his Boro contract. I think i saw something about him having a stat that showed he has huge effect on chances created when on the pitch. A bit like Jack in that he might well assist the assist or cause chaos for the opposition. Anyway, early doors still but it seems an incredible piece of business.  Especially as it seems he will be able to play as a striker,   number 10   and maybe as an 8 . He will also be a huge asset defending corners once he gets more defensive nous. Very smart business 

I think Unai said his skillset really caught his eye when analysing Boro for the FA Cup game. 

30 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

I think Unai said his skillset really caught his eye when analysing Boro for the FA Cup game. 

Yeah, also just seen that in the first half of the championship season he was 2nd in non pen xg and assists. Which means nothing to me but apparently is important. 

Â