Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Still think it's gonna be Bournemouth Soton Forest but happy to be surprised 

Same. It's very tight down there but genuinely things do even themselves out over the course of the season and the inferior squads go down (see us and West Ham squeaking safety in 2020 just above relegated Bournemouth and Watford).

16 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

And yet VAR didn't make a decision and Forest dropped valuable points instead of playing against ten men. 

Another feather in their cap.

24 minutes ago, May-Z said:

And yet VAR didn't make a decision and Forest dropped valuable points instead of playing against ten men. 

Another feather in their cap.

In fairness I believe the incident took place after Podence scored, I think the spat (literal or not) happened in injury time so the impact on the result would likely have been negligible in this instance.

What I don’t know, does this charge resolve itself while Podence is still playing? 

This year is so interesting purely from a consequence point of view when you look at the teams that could go down you would argue that for Everton, West Ham, Leicester, wolves and forest the consequences are catastrophic. None of them are set up for it and some of them have massive costs to meet that they simply won’t be able to if they went down. For the rest (Leeds, Southampton, Bournemouth etc) it’s probably bad but survivable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

In fairness I believe the incident took place after Podence scored, I think the spat (literal or not) happened in injury time so the impact on the result would likely have been negligible in this instance.

What I don’t know, does this charge resolve itself while Podence is still playing? 

Ah, I see. Thought it had happened before they scored. 

Still, **** VAR 🤷

• Haha 1

I keep thinking Leicester will start to perform but they're running out of time and games. 

To get relegated with that squad would be crazy. 

10 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Things can change quickly and there’s still only 4 points covering 12th to 18th yet it’s starting to look like it’s down to 3 of Everton, Forest, Leicester, and Southampton.

Came to post the same thing, though I'm still not sleeping on West Ham's horrible fixtures. You've got to fancy Wolves in particular to be largely safe, if they can get 5 or 6 points from 8 games they're fine. 

8 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Leicester going down if they appoint Jessie Marsch. 

Can't see how that works out at all. 

They're quite probably going down whatever they do, but they'll definitely go down if they don't appoint anyone. They were utterly dire today, they need to get on with getting someone in. 

• Like 1

It’s so close down there. Anyone from Palace down could still go down. As we saw a few years back, you just need to strung 2-3 wins together out of nowhere and you can survive. I wouldn’t write anyone off just yet, last week I thought Southampton, Bournemouth and Forest were doomed. Bournemouth got a valuable 3 points today, but still quite a few games left yet for someone to perform a miraculous escape yet.

If I were a betting man, I think it will still be Southampton, Forest and Bournemouth.