Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

I'm been surprised last few months the amount who think West Ham will ease to safety. Not impossible they don't win another home game all season (think Leeds can battle their way to a draw right at end of the season) so if that happens I think they're relegated as don't see them getting two away wins in the run in as likes of Palace, Brentford and Fulham are all difficult to beat at home. Perhaps a couple of draws but that won't be enough in the long run.

Would say Fulham away at the weekend is a must win for them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Cant believe West Ham are struggling with 120 million rated Declan Rice. It doesn't make sense with his elite talent

To be fair we almost got relegated with world class Jack Grealish in the team, who eventually was sold for 100m.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I'm been surprised last few months the amount who think West Ham will ease to safety. Not impossible they don't win another home game all season (think Leeds can battle their way to a draw right at end of the season) so if that happens I think they're relegated as don't see them getting two away wins in the run in as likes of Palace, Brentford and Fulham are all difficult to beat at home. Perhaps a couple of draws but that won't be enough in the long run.

Would say Fulham away at the weekend is a must win for them.

I was already more pessimistic than most on here about West Ham but after watching the highlights of that game (lowlights is more accurate) they either sack Moyes or go down for sure, because that was players fully throwing in the towel. I haven't seen a performance as lazy and cowardly as that since that home game against Southampton (?) in our relegation season (I'm thinking of the one where Bacuna gave them an assist from a 50-yard backpass). 

• Like 2

These are West Ham fixtures

Fulham (a), Arsenal (h), Bournemouth (a), Liverpool (h), Crystal Palace (a), Man City (a), Man Utd (h), Brentford (a), Leeds (h), Leicester City (a)

Considering they have joint worst away record in the league, just one win and three draws all season, it's hard to see where they're going to get points from, as they're clear second favorites in all their home games except for Leeds; I think Fulham have players missing at the moment, so that could be a chance for them to improve away form, that and Bourneouth looking like big games for them.

15 hours ago, HKP90 said:

So lots of possibles for the drop, but who would we actually LIKE to see go down?

For me it would be Leeds, Leicester, and Wolves

Leeds, West Ham and Everton I would enjoy most.

Think it'll be Southampton, Forest and could be anyone for the final spot.

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

No way in hell are they getting £100mil now. Should have cashed in

30 M player at best.

I don't see what so special about him.

McGinn and Luiz are both better.

41 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Lates odds

surprised to see West Ham at 4/1 and Leicester at 13/8 given the remaining fixtures

spacer.png

I got shouted down when I said the same odds for West Ham looked like the value in the market a week or two back. Nothing that has happened since then has changed my mind, let's put it that way. 

I completely get the argument for it looking like West Ham will be relegated more than other candidates. I see their fixtures, I see their away form. I get it.

I also would likely choose them to drop if I had a wish list of three from those nine clubs. Mainly for the reason that they’re a ball ache for us to play against.

I just don’t think they will be relegated. I have more confidence in them finding a way out of it than I do other sides. It’s intangible, I just think they’ll fudge survival somehow.