Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

Really hard to call. First time I think Leicester are at serious risk. They have some quality players so it is a surprise but their form has been horrendous. Currently, I’d go Southampton, Bournemouth and Forest. Think Leicester and Wolves could be otherwise lost at risk. 

Leicester play Bournemouth Saturday. Things will look different if they win that and we beat forest. 

Thought the game tonight was closely fought. The red card changed everything .

• Like 1

Even if Leicester beat Bournemouth at best they will be one point above the relegation zone with Man CIty to come next, and them beating Bournemouth not a foregone conclusion, considering Bournemouth haven't been in bad form and Leicester have the worst home record in the league other than Southampton.

One win doesn't change much for teams in the relegaton battle, as they all seem to be winning and losing games so not much changes other than them swapping positions from week to the next, but points between them remains close, if any of them want to pull away have to put a run of wins together.

9 hours ago, tomav84 said:

cooper will get sacked now so all depends on who they bring in. with the games they have coming up as you mention not really any point though

Vieira being heavily linked. Would be a good appointment but harsh on cooper

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Vieira being heavily linked. Would be a good appointment but harsh on cooper

Vieira would relegate them. Absolute hopeless manager

Roy has done more at Palace in one game than Vieira in last 3 months

My gut feeling is those who want Leeds, West Ham, Everton, Wolves and Palace to drop will be disappointed.

I think it’s going to be between Southampton (looking gone), Forest, Leicester and Bournemouth. 

Certainly from a neutral view I hope I’m wrong and that the majority stay in contention going into May. But I’d be more worried if I was a supporter of one of the clubs listed in the second paragraph.

My gut feeling is often wrong admittedly.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

Southampton and Forest pretty much done now looking at their remaining games. Too tough to call the final spot. Hope it goes to the final day with 5 or 6 still in the mix. Will make for great viewing from up top.

56 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Southampton and Forest pretty much done now looking at their remaining games. Too tough to call the final spot. Hope it goes to the final day with 5 or 6 still in the mix. Will make for great viewing from up top.

Palace, Bournemouth and Fulham all at home.  Chances there - but they're the only side slightly cut adrift so definitely a hard slog out.

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Vieira would relegate them. Absolute hopeless manager

Roy has done more at Palace in one game than Vieira in last 3 months

To be fair he got a last minute winner against a side in the relegation zone, after Vieira went through about three months of games against top-half sides. 

31 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

To be fair he got a last minute winner against a side in the relegation zone, after Vieira went through about three months of games against top-half sides. 

They had 20 shots in the 1st half

Vieira team were barely taking shots at all. Vieira was a huge dud

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robby b said:

For me I'd like it to be Everton, West Ham and Leicester. Maximum drama and a big change. But again, I don't think it will be any of those either. 

I've always quite liked Everton, although more recently they have tried their best to be rubbish.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

I've always quite liked Everton, although more recently they have tried their best to be rubbish.

I don't dislike them overall but it would be dramatic and very intriguing if they went down (And I do appreciate that the vile, agressive Everton fans I was sat very near at VP in 2012 were just a small minority of their fanbase).

• Like 1

West Ham, Everton, Forest, and Bournemouth all on twenty-seven points as it stands.

West Ham's fixtures look tricky as their coming games that you would are winnable like Fulham, Bournemouth, and Palace are away from home, and their home fixtures are against the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal, and Man Utd, those and a game against Leeds United are their only home games left, so probably going to have to pick up some away points.

And just looked it up, they have the joint worst away record in the league, six points and one win all season.

13 minutes ago, useless said:

West Ham, Everton, Forest, and Bournemouth all on twenty-seven points as it stands.

West Ham's fixtures look tricky as their coming games that you would are winnable like Fulham, Bournemouth, and Palace are away from home, and their home fixtures are against the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal, and Man Utd, those and a game against Leeds United are their only home games left, so probably going to have to pick up some away points.

And just looked it up, they have the joint worst away record in the league, six points and one win all season.

And guess who that one win was against! 

• Sad 2