Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

I think Forest are in big big trouble. They will probably beat us on Saturday now but they really need to sort their away form out as their remaining home fixtures are far from easy. 

Leeds probably need to be safe enough before the last 4 games and unlike with Bielsa they seem to struggle against the top sides now.

I'd prefer the Bournemouth fixture list out of any I think.

15 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

They aren't out of danger. Nobody said they were. I said there are 3 worse teams than them and I stand by that. Whilst their form is poor, so is the form of those below them. 

I also disagree that "it doesn't take much" for 4 terrible teams to overhaul them.

There's a reason why those teams are down there and witha couple more points than theor rivals plus an extra game to play, I think West Ham will be fine

With so many teams down there it's not impossible that 2 or 3 games per week involves them so shit teams can pick up wins

12 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Leeds, Wolves and Everton would be lovely. 

That’s the dream for be maybe I could swap wolves for West Ham but would love Leeds and Everton to go. To be fair if they don’t got this year one or both could go next year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, punkiller1981 said:

That’s the dream for be maybe I could swap wolves for West Ham but would love Leeds and Everton to go. To be fair if they don’t got this year one or both could go next year. 

I think what could happen to Everton is Dyche next season could steer them to a completely boring 14th in the league without being in any serious relegation danger and the fans will get annoyed, forget what trouble they were in and demand someone else and then they'll go belly up

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mjmooney said:

As they stand at the moment,  this would be an amazing end to the season and totally deserved by them 3,  it would qualify to be Bully's special prize on Bullseye I suspect.

shitbullseyeprizes - Tumblr blog | Tumpik

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think what could happen to Everton is Dyche next season could steer them to a completely boring 14th in the league without being in any serious relegation danger and the fans will get annoyed, forget what trouble they were in and demand someone else and then they'll go belly up

This i exactly what happens. I listened to podcasts Evertonians are under the impression that Dyche is a temporary manager then they can go get a marquee head coach . This is exactly the same trap they’ve fallen into before post Allardyce , that small narrow pitch suits Dyche, Moyes, Big Sam ball. But then again that will change soon with the new stadium.

Edited by gwi1890

I did a very quick point projection based on the games each team has and came up with this:

Palace - 40

Leicester and Bournemouth -38

West Ham and Southampton - 37

Wolves - 36

Then bottom 3:

Leeds - 35

Forest - 35

Everton - 34

I had quite a few draws I think so probably not realistic. 

I've no idea if it's even possible as by the time I was predicting Palace I couldn't remember what i'd predicted the other team to get against them so its probably way off. 

Is there a predictor out there where you can plug in scores and it shows the table for you? bbc's seems to have disappeared. 

55 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Ideal world

Everton Leeds West ham as they are the ones with the most money to spend. 

No doubt it will be Southampton Bournemouth and forest,  the ones with the least money !!

The first 2 dont really have that much to spend

16 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Would prefer West Ham instead of Leeds.

Leeds are not much threat anymore and there's always spice with their games home and away so good to have a few fixtures like that in a season.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Would prefer West Ham instead of Leeds.

Leeds are not much threat anymore and there's always spice with their games home and away so good to have a few fixtures like that in a season.

Their fans are vermin thats reason enough to want leeds down

• Like 2

Wolves look to have a really difficult finish to the season

Brighton (a), Aston Villa (h), Man Utd (a), Everton (h), and Arsenal (a)

That's two of the best teams in the league, one of the most in form, another team that will potentially be fighting for survival, plus Brighton who can be tricky.

They've also played a game more than most other sides.

Was surprised to look at Wolves form over their last 38 Premier league games, they've only taken 33 points, only Southampton have been in worse form.

Had an initial upturn in results when Lopetegui first came in, but now just won one of their last seven.

Just seen that Neves suspended for the next two games as well, with how tight the league if that costs them just one result could prove costly.

Edited by useless

5 hours ago, useless said:

Wolves look to have a really difficult finish to the season

Brighton (a), Aston Villa (h), Man Utd (a), Everton (h), and Arsenal (a)

That's two of the best teams in the league, one of the most in form, another team that will potentially be fighting for survival, plus Brighton who can be tricky.

They've also played a game more than most other sides.

Was surprised to look at Wolves form over their last 38 Premier league games, they've only taken 33 points, only Southampton have been in worse form.

Had an initial upturn in results when Lopetegui first came in, but now just won one of their last seven.

Just seen that Neves suspended for the next two games as well, with how tight the league if that costs them just one result could prove costly.

I had them just escaping relegation by one point in my prediction. They won't be gaining many more points this season, but then neither will the bottom three in my view.

Going to be a cracking last day of the season whatever happens.

Can see Wolves getting four points off Chelsea-Brentford. Their style actually works better v top half teams. We'll probably only get a draw there aswell as they played very well at VP and plenty of respect between the two coaches so could be another tight game where both cancel each other out.

Edited by VillaChris

11 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

This i exactly what happens. I listened to podcasts Evertonians are under the impression that Dyche is a temporary manager then they can go get a marquee head coach . This is exactly the same trap they’ve fallen into before post Allardyce , that small narrow pitch suits Dyche, Moyes, Big Sam ball. But then again that will change soon with the new stadium.

The PL standard pitch size is 105 x 68 m unless the build of of the stadium makes it impossible. The only narrower pitches belong to Chelsea and Fulham. Everton has a shorter pitch. So do Chelsea, Palace, Fulham, Liverpool and Forest. All other PL pitches meet the PL requirements.

Edited by TB
(Sorry about that. Pet peeve of mine...) But your point about the new stadium still stands. And a short pitch might suit the mentioned managers, as well.