Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

Are you guys using 'new manager bounce' ironically? I'm not sure it works like you think it does. You can't pull a rabbit out of a hat unless there's a rabbit already in the hat.

51 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Are you guys using 'new manager bounce' ironically? I'm not sure it works like you think it does. You can't pull a rabbit out of a hat unless there's a rabbit already in the hat.

No, I generally believe that appointing a new manager does give atleast temporary good form. 

That's why I speculated earlier in the season teams might look to stack it. 

• Like 2

People have been saying West ham too good to go down and will pull away for months now and they're still in trouble, truth is they've been in bad form for well over a year now. They will probably win today, but will still be in trouble as I don't think they have a particularly easy end ot the season plus European distraction.

Wolves in a similar position, many saying they're too good to go down, and got off to a good start under Lopetegui, but they're still in trouble, and in fact now haven't won any of their last seven premier league games, apparenlty were very lucky to get a draw yesterday, just one shot on target, and Forest should have scored more, some of their fans now starting to question Lopetegui, they've got some tricky fixtures coming up as well, they actually need to start getting some wins, as last four games are Villa (h), Man Utd (a), Everton (h), and Arsenal (a), form might be different by then but that's potentially two of the best teams in the league, an in form team and local derby, plus a game against a team that will potentially still be in relegation battle, another thing not in Wolves favor is that all the other teams have a game in hand over them.

1 hour ago, useless said:

People have been saying West ham too good to go down and will pull away for months now and they're still in trouble, truth is they've been in bad form for well over a year now. They will probably win today, but will still be in trouble as I don't think they have a particularly easy end ot the season plus European distraction.

Wolves in a similar position, many saying they're too good to go down, and got off to a good start under Lopetegui, but they're still in trouble, and in fact now haven't won any of their last seven premier league games, apparenlty were very lucky to get a draw yesterday, just one shot on target, and Forest should have scored more, some of their fans now starting to question Lopetegui, they've got some tricky fixtures coming up as well, they actually need to start getting some wins, as last four games are Villa (h), Man Utd (a), Everton (h), and Arsenal (a), form might be different by then but that's potentially two of the best teams in the league, an in form team and local derby, plus a game against a team that will potentially still be in relegation battle, another thing not in Wolves favor is that all the other teams have a game in hand over them.

If they win today they go 14th with a game in hand.

There are definitely 3 worse teams than West Ham this season and even if they don't win today they would go 14th by winning said game in hand.

If they win today they will still be just two points above the relegation zone, and they might have a game in hand but have to win that first, they're where they are because they aren't winning many games, so more likely to lose that extra game than win it, they've won just two of their last fourteen in the league.

Next three games for them are Fulham, Newcastle, and Arsenal, so even they win today still very much in the battle, and them winning today is a big if judging by the start to the game.

Edited by useless

1 hour ago, useless said:

If they win today they will still be just two points above the relegation zone, and they might have a game in hand but have to win that first, they're where they are because they aren't winning many games, so more likely to lose that extra game than win it, they've won just two of their last fourteen in the league.

Next three games for them are Fulham, Newcastle, and Arsenal, so even they win today still very much in the battle, and them winning today is a big if judging by the start to the game.

It's not just the points difference that matters its also how many teams are below you. West Ham wouod currently need no fewer than 4 clubs to overhaul them to go into the drop zone and they have played a game less than all of them.

West Ham this morning were second from bottom with one win go fourteenth, it doesn't take much for the teams below to overhaul the teams above because it's so close. Even with a win today they will still be just one point above the relegation zone. They aren't out of danger just because of beating bottom of the table Southampton at home, and from what I saw of first half were far from convincing in this game.

21 minutes ago, useless said:

West Ham this morning were second from bottom with one win go fourteenth, it doesn't take much for the teams below to overhaul the teams above because it's so close. Even with a win today they will still be just one point above the relegation zone. They aren't out of danger just because of beating bottom of the table Southampton at home, and from what I saw of first half were far from convincing in this game.

They aren't out of danger. Nobody said they were. I said there are 3 worse teams than them and I stand by that. Whilst their form is poor, so is the form of those below them. 

I also disagree that "it doesn't take much" for 4 terrible teams to overhaul them.

There's a reason why those teams are down there and witha couple more points than theor rivals plus an extra game to play, I think West Ham will be fine

'There's a reason why those teams are down there', there's also a reason why West Ham are down there just one point above the relegation zone, and how can you disagree that it doesn't take much for them to be overhauled, West Ham themselves, a terrible team or just as terrible as the teams around them, have just overhauled five teams because of one result, but they're still just one point above relegation zone, a bunch of teams could go above them before next weekend if the fixtures go against them in the week.

I actually hope West Ham do win in the week as would rather Newcastle lose, and am not really bothered if they're relegated or not, would prefer the likes of Wolves or Leeds to go down, or Everton, Leeds and Wolves because it would be funny, and Everton because seeing them in Championship would be an interesting novelty, not really bothered about West Ham, I guess would be interesting to see them relegated over the likes of Southampton, Bournemouth, and Forest, but them being in Championship wouldn't seem that unusual, wouldn't have the same novelty as Everton being relegated for example.

If the three clubs relegated end up being Southampton, Bournemouth, and Forest then that will be boring, would be good if at least two from Everton, Leicester, Leeds, Wolves, and West Ham could go down.

• Like 2

Plenty of worthy contenders to go down this season. And i think this is the start of something that will happen every season. Used to be that the bottom 3 would have zero good players. But the finances of the prem means even the smallest of clubs can splash 50 mill in the jan window. This ups the chances of anyone beating anyone else. 

I am going to hope teams go down or stay up based on their perf9rmances against us. 

So Everton and Leeds to stay up and Wolves and west ham to go down . 

Whoever survives are going to be lucky that there were three worse teams.

All of the bottom 8-9 have been poor this season so fortunate there’s enough bad competition as any of them could easily be relegated.

I can see goal difference playing a big part in the drop. 

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Thought we could do with a look at the run in, at a glance.

I believe this is correct as it currently stands.

BAE0E113-022F-42D1-BD77-8569464FCB6F.jpeg.1b4f54fcde01c349c0823abf9ff05f75.jpeg
FD12C1DA-3E44-4FAF-9320-63F37CFB411E.jpeg.91596e86a80ec21557f3bdfbc80cabac.jpeg

3E9A6943-F9C1-4B62-9955-25D639E5BC08.jpeg.cdaa0a13bc3da703bcd01f068830d687.jpeg

Narrator: Aston Villa weren’t on this graphic as with the number of games remaining still in double digits, their points tally was already in the 40’s.

• Like 1