Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

4 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I'd be very happy with this, he has qualities we definitely lack, energy, drive, tenacity, and he's not short on quality either.

Seems very versatile which suits Mr Emery, and he also seems to have a strong never back down kind of character, which if harnessed correctly could be very useful.

Throw in that he has the much fabled 'Premier League Experience™' and a previous working relationship with Kamara, and it all seems like a very logical transfer to be looking at

Hated him when he played for Arsenal, such a pain to play against, but that's exactly the kind of player we need.

This is where I'm at too. Really hope this goes through.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Thought we only signed 29-year-olds with no resell value 😉 

To be fair, I'm now thinking the " raising the age profile " thing is also from the club, and wasn't just SG for example.

In reality, I now understand how having some experience amongst the younger players makes sense.

Ashley Young ( Obviously not suggesting we go for 38 year olds ) has been a shining light.

Yes you can go the " young and hungry " route but that takes alot of time.

We have one of the best academies so our process should compliment each other.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, I'm now thinking the " raising the age profile " thing is also from the club, and wasn't just SG for example.

In reality, I now understand how having some experience amongst the younger players makes sense.

Ashley Young ( Obviously not suggesting we go for 38 year olds ) has been a shining light.

Yes you can go the " young and hungry " route but that takes alot of time.

We have one of the best academies so our process should compliment each other.

Oh totally - I’m of the belief that resell value is relative. The more important thing is how we progress and if the right name and right price does that, age is secondary. We need to fundamentally change the spine of our squad so a healthy mix of youth and experience will do that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

This would be a great signing IMO

Would this mean going more 4-3-3 or would be play right or left of the 4?

Someone posted above think it was indigo that this season he’s been operating more as a RCM/RM as per his heat map.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Someone posted above think it was indigo that this season he’s been operating more as a RCM/RM as per his heat map.

Mery's formations are dynamic, it might be 442/4222 on paper but the players are moving all over the pitch.  I think he'd be useful; he could play in the pivot with Kamara if Luiz is not available or he could play in the RM position.

I wonder could we ship Sanson off in the other direction as part of this deal?

• Like 1

Â